Lets not use Whitehelm as a home kingdom

I’m actually not. That is the second set of numbers in my calculations, a hypothetical where Whitehelm is the only three star or above kingdom with the rest at 1*, eg., an entire progression tier above all your other ones. You’ll note you lose a lot more, percentage wise, if you target Whitehelm and then choose to use something else as a home kingdom, but that much should be readily apparent.

What I didn’t show was if you had leveled, say, Wild Plains ahead of the others instead of Whitehelm and chose that as your primary home kingdom. Lets assume the same base values as the second set, above, we’d have:

128 * 0.13 * 16 * 7 = 1863.58 (all others 1*)
16 * 0.13 * 16 * 7 = 232.96 (Wild Plains 1*)
16 * 0.23 * 16 * 7 = 412.16 (Wild Plains 3*)
20 * 0.13 * 16 * 7 = 291.20 (Whitehelm 1*)
20 * 0.23 * 16 * 7 = 515.20 (Whitehelm 3*)

So, if they are your only respective 3*, the rest 1*, and you only chose one or the other and also made it your home kingdom:
Whitehelm: 3127.04
Wild Plains: 2979.10 (-4.8%)

If you are working on anything above 3* but haven’t yet finished your gold stars (especially those that have glory payouts), I would strongly recommend it, you’ll see better payouts for very little cost by comparison. I would also highly recommend spreading out your 3 stars before going for any 7* (especially on the ten troop plus kingdoms, where they are relatively easy and usually require just some souls and minor/major stones, which should not detract much if at any from your progress toward a 7* anyway, which you’d usually be bottlenecked on runics/arcanes) as this will help you gain more gems and gold keys, which will help more with your overall progression.

We are in complete agreement here. You have no obligation to change your home kingdom, but I thought it best everyone be aware of exactly what they are giving up by choosing a different path. It is more of a problem at the top, to be sure, but if the current system continues, more and more people will see the imbalance as time goes on. It is not on you to try to fix this, but those of us that can, well, I’ve shown the numbers.

I’m in the plus/minus 2.2% camp, and a frequent collector, so it is not a big deal for me. Arcane needs aren’t even what I focus glory packs on anymore but rather ascending the troops, as the 2.1 patch makes the ascension time table much longer. Once I have enough troops to ascend twice, I’m only buying arcanes, so I usually draw the line there, so I have “enough” to reach my ascension goal when considering spending some event keys here and there on new legendary weeks, but not so much that I’d try to go for a whole extra set of ascensions on lower rarity troops unless I really like the troop, and I’ve determined that what I’m giving up won’t really help me there, as my reserve increases every week anyway. In contrast with troops, you can always just go out and get Arcanes from Explore, and they’ll always be the one you want regardless of what week it happens to be.

(My recorded drop rate, by the way, is roughly 6% for explores over 102 drops, which would put non explores at around 2%, or 1/50, which is also the community accepted drop rate.)

1 Like