Lets discuss conspiracy in a civilized manner

I don’t know who that Pat Roberts guy is but God obviously has Morgan Freemans voice.[quote=“RiverSong, post:18, topic:23930”]
There are too many kids on their lawn.
[/quote]

Right?! The kids belong under my lawn, not on it! Preach it!

1 Like

Another favorite of mine is how the US has all these hidden concentration camps that they are building and getting ready for marshal law…civil up rest…etc.

What do you mean? Earth is neither flat or round, it’s concave - and it’s quite obvious. If the Earth was flat the soles of my shoes would be equally worn out everywhere. If it was round they’d be more worn out in the middle than in front or back. Since they’re worn out mostly at the front and back the Earth must be concave. QED.

I know it’s older than dinosaurs. Sorry, I just couldn’t stop myself, especially after reading @efh313’s comment about rock and sling :smiley:.

4 Likes

And did you here the one about China exporting fake rice because they really can’t keep up with the demand? Not just rice either.

But hey…no big deal. My foods been genetically enhanced for most of my life. May as well eat some fake rice.

1 Like

@efh313 the bishop experiment math all looks right however i didnt actually check the arithmetic however there are many factors at play here…

1. Has this been repeated by an unbiased third party?

2. Laying on ones belly in a prone position even at the edge of the water doesnt guarantee one is at sea level.

3. The earth isnt a perfect sphere (or disk if it is flat) as evidenced by mountains and valleys and such.

Example of #3: if the beach you are on while looking through a telescope is at a lower elevation compared to the elevation of the beach being observed then the calculations would have to be adjusted accordingly.

It doesnt appear that was even mentioned let alone accounted for thus invalidating the whole experement

3 Likes

Yeah, all these water level experiments are pretty flaky. They act as though the surface of the water would be perfectly smooth, when it obviously isn’t due to wave action and tides. How do the flat earthers account for tides? Any explanation for the way the water seems to follow the moon around?

I had never looked at any of this stuff before, but went and looked at a couple websites today over my lunch break. It’s all poorly researched pseudoscience and reminds me of some of the 9/11 conspiracies. I have a friend that is a 100% believer in the 9/11 stuff, but I can’t talk about it with him. I believe thousands of people actually died and he treats it like an intellectual curiosity - there is just no common ground to start any kind of discussion.

1 Like

Heres a good one…

Deer eat ppl! W… T… F…?

2 Likes

One might ask themselves - if the earth is not round (well not a perfect ball of course) what is making the round shadow on the moon when its blocking the sun shining on it.

3 Likes

My I ask? What exactly does he believe about it. That it was orchestrated by the powers that be. So the people would be ready to charge head first into a fictional war. Not saying I believe one way or the other.

I can’t say with full authority what he actually believes, but from what I understand, yes, he believes that the US government staged 9/11 as a justification to go to war, secretly moved the people out of the towers and destroyed the buildings in a controlled implosion. Planes were never hijacked or flown into the towers at all. A cruise missile hit the pentagon, not an airliner. There is more, but I don’t remember all the details.

1 Like

I have a cousin who was in Towers. She was on ground level in the building that sat between them. I can assure you, from the stories she shared, there is absolutely no doubt that people lost their lives that day.
:cry:

1 Like

Yep. I’ve heard all those details except that the people were secretly evacuated. I can’t believe that in any sense. That it was staged. Possibly. It’s been said about every war that the US has been involved in by someone somewhere that the US is good at creating reasons to get involved. It’s been said that the US knew about the invasion of Pearl Harbor the whole time. That they staged a navel training exercise for the exact time the attack was to happen. Therefore the US didn’t really take no loss. Loss of human life? Yes. Of course. But to the people who are behind the manipulation…that no loss. Just collateral damage. But no real loss to any navel ships worth mentioning. From my knowledge that event is what propelled the US into WW2. Before that the American people didn’t want anything to do with it. But somewhere someone thought war would be a nice little money generating machine for them. And they were right. I mean look at all the war profiting companies/corporations. KBR…Blackhawk…etc…etc…

1 Like

There are more recent examples of false flag operations by the US government as well…

Or even more eerily similar ro 9/11…

4 Likes

Yeah i don’t think staged is the right word to use for that, as this may imply no actual casualties were involved.
But ruthless governments allowing for or even secretly aiding in attacks from foreign powers/seperatists/terrorists on their own people to happen to get the public behind a war is a practice that has been around for centuries.

1 Like

I’m not even American and I don’t feel like I can discuss this in a civilized manner. I feel like some of these conspiracy theories trivialize the suffering and death of real people and I find it deeply offensive. It’s fine to question your government, but to believe that such a horrific thing could be calculatingly perpetrated and then kept silent is beyond belief to me.

I think I’m out on this topic. Sorry.

1 Like

@stan I think I understand what you are saying but a part of me is reading this as though you misinterpreted my comment.

Just to clarify: I am saying that I know that lives were lost. As a native New Yorker it was one of the hardest days of my life to watch those Towers fall.

I didn’t misunderstand at all and I didn’t think you were trivializing. Looking back, I can see that something about the way I quoted you makes it look like I’m disagreeing, when I’m not.

For anyone else reading, it’s only my friend that I was talking about, but the topic gets me pretty worked up and I just don’t want to go any further down that road today.

Also, sorry to @vangor if I brought a dark cloud in over this thread. Speaking of bringing dark clouds, where do the flat earthers think the wind comes from? Seriously, they say it’s a nuanced and well thought-out worldview, so there should be an answer…

2 Likes

@Stan i completely understand why you get worked up and would like to thank you for choosing to put a pin in it as opposed to getting angry and/or hostile (not that you have ever given me reason to believe you would be hostile):wink:

3 Likes