Legendary task rewards are poor and not worth it. Discuss

What you’re saying is a MYTH. You’re not a Dev. You don’t have the data.

Thanks Sirrian!

My argument was never they shouldn’t ever change the Legendary tasks, but instead only the Devs can decide that. Entitlement blinds people.

The only data we have, that the game is growing by leaps and bounds, refutes your assertion that more rewards leads to burnout.

You’re wrong. It’s that simple.

You actually have me scratching my head here. How could someone be so confident in bringing up points that have nothing to do with the conversation on the table. The game is growing from new players, not old. Legendary rewards have nothing to do with that.

Anything else?

Also I think you kind of took an idea and ran with it. A couple things,

I said better rewards CAN promote burnout, but that has never stopped the Devs from implementing something ever. Nor would that ever be a reason for them not to increase rewards, nor should it.

I’m looking at it from a logical pov. Like I said to the troll above, I don’t care what anyone has or gets but the Devs do.

That’s what started this whole thing. There’s a whole lot of player entitlement going on without looking at it from the Devs pov. Which is to be expected, but it’s not worth trying to degrade them for it. Sadly to quote the troll again, these are just pixels. That’s taking it too far.

That’s what I spoke up about, nothing else.

If they decide to increase the task rewards in that way then cool, i’ll be just as happy as the rest of you. Or rather i’ll deal with it. I’m not selfish in that way. Because I still ENJOY this game, which is most important to me.

1 Like

Lol, we got 15 glory keys, Behemoth and my fave reward of them all…2 gem keys
:smirk:

Hi Nimhain, our guild just received from legendary tasks Autumn Imp and then Summer Imp. That was a really good surprise. I know its summer in Australia but, Is there an Imp “secret event” with legendary tasks? :slightly_smiling_face:

“It’s ok when we have it both ways. We’re elite. We’re MC Raiders.”

Then those rewards should go to the new players. Afterall, a new player is going to appreciate two gem keys instead of crying about it on a forum like Richie Rich.

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

New phone, who dis?

Well like i said sometime it is crap sometime you got a nice surprise :slight_smile:

I don’t really understand why this conversation is still going but let’s go back to the early portion of this thread: 33k Gold for 2 gem keys, a legendary, and 15 glory keys is an AMAZING deal. A legendary is like a 1/50 chance in Gem Chests. That’s 450 Gems just for the legendary! Then you get 20 extra Gems worth of content, plus 300 glory in Glory Keys (the equivalent of 60+ PvP battles). 33k for 470 gems and 300 glory. FANTASTIC deal! You’re telling me you’d rather have spent that 33k on 110 Gold Chests…

People are losing sight of (a) the fact that it’s 1M combined across 30 people and (b) how much 33k normally gets you. The bottom line is that 33k Gold per player guarantees you a really great value. Even the worst rewards are worth FAR more than 33k. Of course they could make them even more generous but, as has already been said ad nauseum, they’re running a business and have to balance between too stingy and too generous and the fact that they haven’t done anything suggests that they’ve struck a decent balance.

The only thing I sort of sympathize with is the Minors issue. But that was put in place specifically because players complained for months about not having enough Minors. And look, now that they’re getting them in the Legendary tasks, suddenly they aren’t needed as much any more. It worked! If they removed them, a couple of months from now everyone would be complaining about the lack of Minors again. It’s very much a damned-if-you-do/damned-if-you-don’t situation for them. Unsurprisingly, they’re opting to do nothing when they can’t win either way.

7 Likes

Of course if i had to pay 1M by myself, i might change my mind but it’s a team game i believe :slight_smile:

1 Like

The reason that situation existed was because of the old guild reward system. Now that guild rewards are more balanced and include a decent number of gold chests, everyone in the legendary task conversation is already getting 100 or so assorted minors per week from gold chests. I don’t think a chance at 20 minors in legendary tasks will really swing the balance one way or the other.

Yes - if you did contribute 1M yourself, you’d need to think of 97% of that as a gift to your guildmates, not something you’re expecting to provide good value for money (for just yourself).

2 Likes

We completed two legendary tasks last Sunday, 4 arcane shield and 500 glory, second one was 30 glory keys, 2 gem keys and 3 event keys. This was really poor. I think in the dozen or so tasks we’ve completed we’ve only had one troop, sylvanimora.
2 gem keys shouldn’t be there in my opinion as you could get them from one treasure map! We’re not a hardcore guild as such and always umm and Ahh about completing the legendary task, asking everyone how much gold they have before deciding. They’re fun but for us have been ultimately disappointing apart from the one time we got sylvanimora. I started the thread to see what others think, it’s just a shame a few of the comments are little more than jealous jibes and inaccurate accusations.
Thanks to everyone who has posted nonetheless.
Regards
Daniel

2 Likes

30 Glory Keys + 2 Gem Keys + 3 Event Keys = 65 Gems and 600 Glory. Even that’s a good value for 33k Gold. 4 Arcanes is definitely worth 33k Gold. I’d take either of those over 110 Gold Keys 11 times out of 10.

Again, it may not seem like much, but the value is there.

2 Likes

Yes, we were definitely pleased with the 4 arcanes. Now, getting every guild member to all donate the same amount isn’t always practical or easy, and we have an really fantastic guild. I personally will continue to do the tasks occasionally as we’ve been fairly unlucky and are due a mythic at some point! I’d love death tbh as so far I only have abynissia and gard’s.

1 Like

As I explained earlier, anyone doing the first 6 brown tasks and buying troop packs liberally is getting more minors than are required to trait every troop entering the game. Color bottlenecks are being slowly corrected over time. Starting at a deficit of over 1500 minor reds needed when the guild patch first hit, I’ve never done a legendary task, ever, and I’m now already 300 minor reds above what is needed to trait every single troop in the game, and over a thousand over on most the other colors. Again, this is without minors from legendary tasks, because I’ve never done a legendary task. And this is coming from a player that usually does < 200 battles a week. The minor “scarcity” (which was more of a glut of every other type of stone, due to the glory key glut causing a perceived shortage when, in fact, minors were being given out at the intended pace and every other type was way too fast) is a thing of the past at this point. Minors should therefore not be a part of legendary tasks for the same reason souls are not, you are already careening toward a resource dead-end and that simply accelerates it.

As far as the other things, I’m in general agreement that the whole point of the legendary tasks is as a gold dump for people already playing that much. Barring mythics, you don’t “need” legendary tasks, and even with mythics, you are still very likely to miss out on one eventually if you reached endgame post-guild patch, even maxing out every week and following a careful spending plan. The rewards therefore dont have to be that good aren’t going to be good if you have to go out of your way and put extra time toward farming them, but if you are already playing, you have some rewards given back for your effort. My guild (PC/Mobile) has only unlocked them twice, but I’ve instructed everyone not to put any money toward them until we can reliably finish every “normal” task on a week to week basis, because the reward ratios for the lower tasks are much better. But by the time everyone has the extra gold, why not? Our “casual” guild probably wont ever get to the point of straight farming to do legendary tasks, but I’m glad that outlet is there if it is ever needed.

I’d welcome some kind of “legendary” soul dump at this point. Or for Major stones. Or for minor stones. Or treasure maps.

3 Likes

I agree and most of the time you win between 300 and 500 glory + minor and keys and if you are like me and only make pvp this represent minimum 100 fights

I can be wrong but I don’t think that Legendary tasks [LT] take all the special rules into account. For example, there is no exclusive week with only the new Mythic in the LT… So maybe it is the same for the Imps: no exclusive Imp with the LT.

1 Like