Legendary task rewards are poor and not worth it. Discuss

Imo 1m is nothing if you split in 30 = 33,333 gold

1 Like

While the rewards are all over the place I’d never consider the Legendary Tasks worth it.

I’d rather they had put the effort wasted on LTs into letting people go beyond 1500 guild seals.

2 Likes

Yes the division is easy. But a mid or newish player is not likely to have much left after completing all the other tasks to get to that point. Even with all Kingdoms to 10 and being over a 1000 I don’t.
Burnout is a very real issue for top guilds. I know I get a lot of people downgrading from the constant push to keep high mins.
If you can do the high mins and enjoy it that’s great. Everyone likes different things.
Since my intrest is more if a bystander I’ll back out of the discussion.

Trying to follow: if the rewards were higher, that’d just encourage more burnout. Right?

1 Like

I don’t critic im just saying these legendary tasks are made for the top guild and is easy to achieve since we got everything else upgraded and gold is almost useless for us

I mean before they add these task people were complaining cause they didin’t know what to do with these extra gold. Of course sometime the reward suck but sometime you got a nice surprise and i am happy the dev decided to add this cause im not sure i would keep playing after finishing the statue tasks

2 Likes

Not for me. I get burned out if I feel that what I’m getting back is not commensurate with what I’m putting in.

There is never a time where I’m bored of inconvenienced 1s and 0s falling into my make believe treasure horde that used to create my make believe legions of terror.

And if you’re the type of person that gets bored of amassing make believe things, maybe you should go amass real things. Or do something real…

Lyya is correct in saying that better rewards promote more burnout. Why? Because you then feel like you HAVE to complete many Legendary tasks each week. Right now it’s not a have to. You see all these guilds completing them because they literally have nothing else to spend gold on, and they have gold in ABUNDANCE. There’s always a chance that you can score big with them, but that’s just a chance. It’s up to the player to decide if they’re worth their time and effort currently. If they make the rewards god-tier, then it becomes a have-to situation. Where playing 12 hours 7 days a week becomes a requirement. Thus more and more burnout.

The only way to prevent this is to make tasks god-tier, but limit playing time. Which is not a good alternative either.

4 Likes

Well said legendary task are not a requirement and it’s ok like this

1 Like

Do all the thieves contribute 33keach to legendary tasks??

I don’t know bro i just dump everything i got lol… i already donated 3,3m

we usually finish statue in 1-2 days then we do legendary untill saturday then i start to bank gold for the next event

1 Like

Your a machine :wink:
Yeah we have some very generous players in our guild.

2 Likes

@death we just got this :slight_smile:

Really happy this is my first summer imp since i didin’t buy it for the short time it was in store

2 Likes

Congratulations, yeah I don’t have summer. I wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get him when he was accidentally released into chest either.

Damnit Ricky, i’m over it.

More rewards promote burnout, not better ones. And the opposite is just as bad for the game.

Or the Devs could make a new task tier for each statue,costing 1000000 but only after completing the base task. For example the last red task is 750k gold and awards 11 gem keys. So the 1000000 gold extra task could give 14 or 15 gems keys.

No. That would just put things back to where they were prior to the guild update, where the top guilds have an order of magnitude more resources than anyone else.

We’re going to disagree. Souls wouldn’t promote burnout, because you wouldn’t do it. Arcanes however would because the goal would then be do as many as you can. You don’t get someone to do something, without the reward being just.

That’s true of all things in life. I could work in RL 7 days a week with great pay, but you don’t think that promotes burnout? It absolutely does. Anything that requires a lot of time promotes burnout.

Now if you mean shite rewards promote people wanting to quit? Well, that’s true, but so what. End-gamers are the only ones getting these rewards, so it’s fair.

You’re talking about quantity not quality. Which was precisely my point.