Legendary task rewards are poor and not worth it. Discuss

I never said that we wouldn’t ever change Legendary Task rewards. What I said was, that we don’t have any plans to change it at the moment.

The is the possibility we may change the rewards in the future.

10 Likes

We’re not whinging about anything, we’re just discussing how the developers should motivate us to keep playing.

What do we do for the community? We discuss how to improve the game, we test and report bugs for free, we work together to help keep the game balanced… Not to mention the tons of community guides you can see here in these forums (many of them are made by top players), videos that help new players, or even ashtender, the best GoW database out there, which was created by a top player.

… What else did you want?

4 Likes

like how many less points?

and the whinging is true cause the millions get you extra - reality bites heh?

and you do what for the community apart from poach and post here?

I thought it smelled a bit too drastic and imprecise, but it’s always great to get confirmation.

Level +1000 get average 30 points and under 1000 they get +40 points

1 Like

every body does what you assert to be special - they get nothing for it. if people want to make community guides they don’t have to be in the top ten guilds.

Don’t forget most of the end-gamers, in elite guilds and not, have given the Devs hundreds in real $$$.

3 Likes

I have to strongly disagree with you on this one Mako. The Devs can’t give the players everything they want. This is THEIR game, not the player’s game with them just providing the servers for us. That’s not game development. They have the data, and if it shows providing these things would allow players to “finish” the game too quickly, it’s not good for them. With all due respect, you all aren’t providing anymore a “reasonable” argument than I should get a Mythic every chest opening. The players are always going to want more rewards, it’s up to the Devs to decide how much. If it was up to the players we’d all be finished with the game tomorrow.

And for anyone saying you’re going to stop spending money on the game, you can’t stop everyone spending money on the game. You’re just a drop in the money ocean. I will continue to spend money personally as well.

Not to mention plenty of us still need minors. If they gave you all what you wanted, you’d be pissing other players off, not to mention shorting them of resources.

Let’s not act like the Devs haven’t tried to give us a lot of things that we’ve asked for. Just in my short time of playing I’ve seen plenty of changes inspired by the players.

We all should be glad they gave us a chance to get “extra” rewards, instead of basic tasks only. Just like low tier guilds right now. It’s a blessing, not a curse. And they did that specifically for end-game players and guilds.

This doesn’t go without saying yeah the rewards “could” be “better,” but of course they could. It’s up to the Devs to decide on longevity of the game. This game is already way more giving than all the F2P games I’ve ever played. This game actually lets you get everything in the game without paying a single cent.

7 Likes

not a lot of difference then…
to those outside the elites.

If you play 4-5 pvp it won’t change anything but after 200-300 it make a huge difference

1 Like

They don’t, but obviously people who have played GoW longer usually have a better insight. So, yeah, it’s safe to say most of the best content was created by top players… naturally.

But why the heck do you attack us as if we’re DEMANDING stuff in exchange for how we help? We’re discussing points that we think are fair, and they should apply to all players, regardless of how they contribute to the community. Any user can discuss other features they feel is fair. I don’t know why this bothers you so much.

2 Likes

played a long time, contribute, help people, not in a top ten guild and not attacking you. laughing at you yes cause greed in a game about resources is funny, and greedy people in game are to be expected. Wanting to be rewarded extra for greediness is funny and if you see that an attack then why should i care?

And I have to strongly disagree with you. It’s not because it’s their game (ofc it is!) that they can ignore people’s opinion.

I was exposing my point, with which you might or not disagree. And you disagreeing from it doesn’t mean it’s unreasonable, sorry. I didn’t say it’s up to us to decide. Even if the devs have the final saying in this (and they do, of course), it doesn’t mean I can’t voice my opinion. And I will voice my opinion. Always. As long as I’m not being disrespectful, which I’m definitely not.

That way of thinking is what keeps the world still. It’s the same principle that makes people don’t care about how they dispose of their trash, for example – “what difference does it make, if I’m just one person recycling, in an ocean where people don’t dispose of their trash correctly?”. So I couldn’t disagree more from that view.

Also, I never said it was a curse. It’s just frustrating to have people donate a lot of gold just to get something that is completely useless.

I’m honestly not sure if Legendary tasks are worth it. If I wanted to get minors, maybe I’d rather buy gold chests – I’d get minors and glory, maybe I could even ascend a few of the new cards (you could also get souls, if you need them).

And about other players, what other players? You’re the first person I know that honestly said you want to see minors on legendary tasks. Even if you do need mnors, I doubt they’re what’s stopping you (save from rare occasions) from traiting a troop. You’re much more likely to have tons of extra minors before getting all runics and arcanes you need.

So, no, that’s not unreasonable. It has logic. Don’t forget that this gold sometimes is the product of people spending actual money in the game.

1 Like

if you have the time to play 200- 300 whats another 50 or so? if you don’t want to do it thats your choice. its lets other players have a chance to get a reward- sharing is good for the community or is that an alien concept to you? LOL

Talk about whining! Waaa top guilds get the best players. Boohoo. You all should be punished for being better than me!
Grow up kid.

4 Likes

’ Don’t forget that this gold sometimes is the product of people spending actual money in the game.’

yeah right elite players buy gold every week to stay in their guilds LOL

elite gold spending is somehow different to every other player…LOL

Why do you call me names - i think the growing up concept is lost on those people name calling.
trying to get the thread closed?

edit ohh boo hoo people here like name calling - that’s called bullying. another concept bullies don’t like but pretty routine round here in elite paradise.

No one is demanding we complete legendary tasks except your guild. We knew right out of the gate it was for people that have so much built up gold from playing the game. If you think it’s a waste, then don’t pull for the guild to require them.

You don’t control who spends money on the game, so by saying you’re stopping spending, means nothing. Just self-entitled bs. “I’m taking my ball and going home.” That’s your right to do so, but don’t make the mistake of thinking the entire game runs off your money. End-gamers are vocal on the forums, but there’s way more players than end-gamers.

Saluki is another example of someone needing minors. Hardly the only one here. For every material you need, someone else needs a different one. Just the way it is.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking the Devs HAVE to do anything for us. Especially when it comes to legendary tasks. It’s the stance of if you want to complete them do so, if not that’s cool too.

Not being rude? This all sounds like entitled bs to me. Not to mention judgmental. You’re literally trying to shame them for doing their job.

Regardless of all the changes that come or don’t come, it’s well within the rights of the Devs to make them. I know that in agreeing to play the game. But your attitude is something else.

Perhaps our guild-mate @Dddd said it best with a picture you may remember.

The entitlement of end-gamers have reached an all-time high on these forums, it’s maddening. Realize that this game doesn’t just revolve around you, and there’s many other players than you.

2 Likes

I don’t need runic or arcanes. I need red minor more then any other resource in the game.

Well maybe I need gems more to spend on VIP but that’s another issue

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes