Legendary task rewards are poor and not worth it. Discuss

No I think you’re right. Rewards don’t really feel like “rewards” much anymore.

I think it’s a mixture of what you said, and drop rates, and the fact of what rewards used to be. I think before the rewards were okay because we were getting so many rewards that the drop rates didn’t matter. Now the drop rates stink for most, and we’re barely getting rewards. So it’s just overall degrading it feels like. Maybe the answer isn’t to create a whole new currency, but rather make one of the ones we have now more efficient. Though another currency could solve it as well, lord knows we already have enough currencies in the game now lol.

We just need the feeling back of actually getting something. Right now i’d have to save up weeks to feel that way, and still might come out on the other side with absolutely nothing to show for it. For me i’m playing way more hours than I ever did before, and even I feel like I have less to show for it than before. I think this is by design though. Like I said, it’s basically a punishment for the top guilds getting way too many rewards before.

Congrats on Jotunar, btw.

3 Likes

Exactly, and i’m pretty much very positive about each new feature the devs add to the game. If the weekly event doesn’t fit my kind of gameplay, like last week’s “Sacrifice something, summon some Daemon”, that i didn’t played beyond the first reward, it’s fine to me really. Maybe next week it’ll be more fun, or maybe i won’t be able to play much because of my job so that’s also fine because i can get gems on tributes, gold chests, glory chests and guild tasks overtime. So gems feels pretty much easy to obtain, honestly, and also because of that we don’t have a lot of “desire” to use money to buy those…

They could approach it on a different way, but to make gems valuable again the devs need to rebalance the economy and probably change/reset/convert all the gems in all accounts in some way… So creating something new, could be more reasonable i think.

So, to put this thread back on it’s tracks: Assuming that a new, and more exclusive, currency would be added, maybe it would be a good fit as something that can be obtained with the legendary tasks. But as i said before, at a very rare/low chance to obtain since it is a “big deal”. Also some festive events like the game’s anniversary week we could get some of those on the special event, or at the Guild vs Guild events. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t we get a Gard today? Hmmm, what ever will I do with four of them now? lol

the difference in current economy (that isnt pay to win) and your offer (that would become pay to win) is the availability of new premium currency for f2p players

as long as the availability is unlimited (like gems in treasure hunting) it is fine, even if the rates at which players can earn it are poor, but if you limit it - it becomes pay to win

especially if with it you offer something unique (like a chance to hunt certain mythic for example)

vip keys dont make it pay to win only caose they dont introduce anythig new/unique in it, they only give a slightly better chances to roll what free players can do anyway

1 Like

Is Pharos-Ra on Console now, or is this a photo from pc/mobile?

i think latest mythic on console is still Gard’s Avatar
after that await Wulfgarok, then Pharos-Ra
(at least thats what official news seem to say)

Neither Wulfgarok or Pharos- Ra are currently available on consoles.

Let me put in another way… The time it took to gather enough gems to open 100 vip chests (nearly two months i think, i didn’t really counted by the time) for me could be half as long as it would take me to gather the enough of this new fictional currency, that i’ll call “Rubys”, in order to unlock two missing mythics with no chance of duplicates.

In 100 vip chests i got four mythics, but only two were new. It’s 4500 gems costing nearly U$ 300 if i would pay for it.

With two “Ruby keys” that i farmed during that longer time, twice or thrice, i could get the same result, two new mythics, so during this whole time frame i would get two new mythics with the gems, plus two new mythics with rubys. And if Ruby keys would cost something like U$ 50 i believe that they would sell much easier than the gems for the players that don’t want to wait this long.

Also as i said before, there is nothing stopping someone from using a huge load of money in order to get all cards currently, the matter is just how absurd the costs are for the reasonable/average players with the current pay out of such investiment due the RNG nature of it.

Maybe my own perspective is biased as a player and collector, but the “freemium segment of market” isn’t new to me at all as i played quite a lot of these games. And as much as i also enjoy and love the generosity of our developers i see that this same generosity generates some problems.

So, in my opinion if we could have another brand new premium currency it would barely affects the way the free-to-play user enjoy the game, it would even help them in the long run as they could eventually get some “Rubys” to use. They already need to make “a long run” collecting gems to gamble with the RNG, so no harm done at all.

But for the players willing to spend some money these “Rubys” would pose as a valuable asset. I’m not assuming that people would reach their pockets and use U$ 500 to unlock all Mythics they need, but quite a few could spend U$ 100 to get what they really want on one month and months later maybe another U$ 50 because they were unlucky at the brand new Mythic.

Those are my considerations.

1 Like

i can see the point but it still presents many problems:

• the cost of a “new mythic” put on sale (weather you put it in a bundle or as a 1 ruby key, the basic concept how much it should cost remains) - in here you presetted an example of 100vip keys = 4500 gems = 300 U$ = 2 mythics, even if corret simplifies it to 150$ not 50$, i dont think devs would get it down to simple 50$ if it was suppose to grant a new mythic that you are missing

• the availability of the “new mythic” bundle/ruby key for free players in corelation to its $ price. the more expensive the less likely it will be given for free… if ever? if the currency needs to stack up (like gems) to give a result then its more likely to be given free in a small portions, but the ruby key worth 50-300$ seem a miracle if given once a year

this could be partially addressed if the new currency had the “rubies” acting as a smaller currency for “ruby keys”, there is a chance one ruby could still be given if lets say 50 rubies are needed for one key

and yes that in particular doesnt seem p2w if presented in this way but i am not sure do devs want to ever give a mechanic for a “100% new mythic” drop, they do give a “100% certain mythic”(exclusivityperiod and event chests) or a “100% drop”(path of glory) but these are still highly rng

im afraid the 505 (or whoever stands behind it) wont allow to bypass the rng gacha system

at first i was worried that your premium currency would just stack the “Swag” in general, but i guess if we talk details down it might not be

edit:

if bypassing rng wall was fine for developers they could create whole “ruby shop” thing that could allow players to pick what cards they want to buy off in there (making the mythics most expensive obviously) - but that sounds like a totally different era/game and might couse more friction between the paying and free players

guessed as much when you analysed the mythic drop/cost and put it in the ruby keys

1 Like

Ah i see i failed to explain one detail, the Ruby keys would just drop one card, a Mythic. As much as some extra resources have some weight inside VIP chests no one is really using those to get gold…

Anyway i just sketched a possible solution, the details and discussion about it will just further derail this thread. So we will leave at that. :slight_smile:

Lol, look at this…

This is a complete and utter piss take.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Again: why do we even bother with this? We should screw the LTs, drop the gold req and focus on GW.

4 Likes

Well we kinda have Mike. Me completing a task instead of putting in 50k for a daily task didn’t help. That cost me 770k!
We are the only top guild with requirements of 550k and gw and nothing else currently.

1 Like

Just did some searching (boring day at work lol). All tasks/30 guildies = 522k, so basically 550k is bottom line to get all the tasks done. Great, the less grinding the better. Quimby FTW!

1 Like

LT have become pointless. I’m hoarding my gold in the hope that the crap rewards are reversed back to something which seemed kind of worth it. There is nothing ‘legendary’ about pitiful rewards.

2 Likes

You’re right. Who wants hundreds of free gem keys and arcanes, as well as dozens of legendaries, and the occasional mythic. Totally pointless!

Try again, they are not free are they? Everyone knows 1m gold is required to complete a task. The downgrade in rewards don’t make it worth it.

2 Likes

yeah, all that free gold you’ve got nothing else to do with surely isn’t worth any of that super desirable and valuable stuff. You realize that if you do the math on the average rewards, it’s like 100+ gems worth of stuff for each person in the guild, right? 33k gold for 100 gems of stuff sounds pretty valuable to me.

It may not be as much as it was in the past but that doesn’t mean it’s “worthless” or “pointless”. Your hyperbole is unhelpful.