Leafstorm - Interesting but

Yea… not really feeling the storm aspect.
Maybe up the % some more in exchange for one or two turn of duration?
So something in the range of: 75% of all gem drops for the next 5 turns will be Color
And the odd turn number is to address the freebie turn given to opponent problem.

2 Likes

What if you could stack the same storm for more and more effect?

I don’t see how that would work since it’s a counter of x number of turns the storm lasts. I could see the length being increased but the intensity? It would be an interesting result that is for sure.

However I think I rather have the length increased (number of turns) to just starve out the other team.

Perhaps a single change, assuming it’s possible, could be made in order to make the storms easily perceived/meaningful:

• Depending of how the cascade of new gems are coded, instead of increasing the percentual chances of certain gems the devs could use an equation that guarantees a drop of at least X gems out of Y new ones of an active storm.

For example: 1 out of 2 new gems droping during a Leaf Storm will be Green. It might be a lot, but working on odd combinations or destroying five gems are still getting only two gems, at least, and you could still get some more with the regular RNG involved. The numbers could be tweaked of course.

Also there is no guarantee that the new gems will fall on a good arrangement for you. And i wonder if maybe that’s one, among all other, biased reasons of why we don’t feel any impact from this new mechanic during gameplay…

Well, i’m no programmer, but i guess it could be done in this fashion. I’m also not considering if it would fall under the Overpowered Category, unless the devs also set some limit for how many gems will be generated for cases like the already mentioned: Exploders or Abhorath’s spell.

@Saltypatra, if it wouldn’t be a huge nuisance could you share this consideration with the team?

if they did do a certain number of gems dropped by storm such as 10 gems drop, then 3 or 4 gems would drop in the storms color. I believe that storms would be consistently OP or weak depending on the drop rate, therefor not being random.

i can say that every time i summon a storm literally half of the time i get and extra turn while using gorgotha or Dragon Soul. sure sometimes they get extra turn setups but thats just gonna happen eventually anyway. i dont feel they need to change storms at all

1 Like