Last Minute Guild Wars Questions and Suggestions

As far as I understood brackets have nothing to do with rewards. It’s just a way to choose your guild opponents during the week so you will not be matched with a super hardcore guild.
Rewards are only based on the number of points that your guild did compared to the other guilds. Super strangely we cqnnot see this overall leaderboard by points (and not bracket)…

1 Like

Top guilds are over 100,000 points atm.

The max possible a maxed guild can get per day is around 250,000-280,000, though realistically more towards 200,000.

Sorry @DonBoba , you’re too active for me to pick one reply to quote :wink: . Yes, the math does mean that if somebody has a much bigger bonus we simply can’t win. As @htismaqe mentioned, the lack of transparency is a huge issue. I’m not certain there are no guilds in our bracket that aren’t much bigger. However, let’s assume we’re all close to the same. That means the top couple who win will get moved up to a bracket against those teams with huge bonuses, and they won’t be able to compete. The system does not have a way for newer guilds who work really hard and are super strategic to beat the older guilds, even if they outplay and outstrategize them. Older guilds already have advantages in higher kingdom bonuses, larger troop catalogs, higher guild statues, etc. But if a weaker team figures out a way to perform better then them (meaning winning more of their battles and defending better), they should win, not get lower points for accomplishing the same thing. That’s not competition…

2 Likes

Ok i dont disagree with this.

Are you sure? Why don’t we then see a top 50 points earned, it would make things more logical.

That’s not the case, brackets do dictate rewards. In Guild Wars - Sneak Peek Wrap Up opening post Sirrian specified that “You won’t be able to finish any higher than the TOP of your bracket, and any lower than the BOTTOM. So in the example above, Sparkle Ponies won’t be able to finish higher than 21st, or lower than 30th.”. So if you are in the top bracket, you are guaranteed 10th place rewards at worst. And if you’re in second bracket, you have no chance at better than 11th place.

4 Likes

Wish a dev would show up and answers our questions. Either explain it all or show up after the update is played to resolve players questions.

2 Likes

That’s how i understand it too.
We are 5th by points right now, but we will get at best reward for rank 21. I don’t think we will stay on 5th for long but we might end up somewhere around rank 10.
Also how is it fair to award rank 11 and rank 20 the same reward o.O

1 Like

Nim was around for a bit after GW started ingame and was answering questions in Global. Nothing was being said on the forums at the time (like literally there were no posts for about an hour after GW started :stuck_out_tongue: ) it’s also nearly midnight here in Aus now, so I’m guessing they’re done for the night.

The issue here is that if the weaker guild wins more battles then they probably WILL win the war. Since it would imply the other guild loses battles, which means they won’t be getting all their Paragon battles done (1 loss locks you out of reaching the Paragon fight), which is a big jump from the previous ranks. This will more than likely tip the balance in the favour of the weaker guild, even if they’re only sitting around 40% bonuses compared to an 80%.

Getting even one victory on defense can mean a LOT, since it means the attacker won’t get to do the Paragon fight.

In regards to the defense team results, I’m guessing this is something that is coming, I’d be very surprised if the devs didn’t have something in the works for that already.

1 Like

The only problem with this is that those gains were made BEFORE the introduction of Guild Statues. NOW guilds are locked in how much progression can be made each week by the Tasks tied to the statues. So, even though EVENTUALLY every guild will have their statues maxed at lvl 200, or 80% bonus, those that are already there have a long time to enjoy an insurmountable advantage.

I both agree and disagree with this choice… which believe me has me just as confused as you are right now! :thinking: :confused:

6 Likes

Level 169 for all is 71%.

1 Like

This is the first week, and they needed a way to Flight/Seed the brackets. There wasn’t going to be any perfect way to seed them, some guild would feel slighted.

So with your top performance, you may (probably) move up to the 11-20 bracket, and then the 1-10 bracket. It’s kind of like having to Monday Qualify for a PGA tour event. Sure, your a top guild, but your lifetime trophies weren’t high enough to make the top bracket right off.

People asked for brackets. I personally didn’t think there should be brackets, but this is what we have.

2 Likes

Totally true, and don’t disagree with this. Getting defense wins is huge and can swing the battle in your favour. However, this game is slanted hugely in favour of the person playing, and the AI/defense is usually beatable barring bad luck or some RnG hatred. So my point is that given equal playing ability between 2 guilds (say they both win all battles, or they each have only 5 losses to a Paragon), a guild with higher colour bonuses has an unbeatable advantage. As mentioned above, a lower guild around 50% bonus using 4 and having 4 survive would lose to an 80% guild who uses 3 and has 3 survive. So not only is getting a defense win “a” way to beat a higher guild, it’s “the only” way. I’ll crunch more numbers but I’m pretty sure that if the higher guild takes advantage of the 4-color bonus, they can use a few to the Paragon and still win. Be right back…

5 Likes

One huge issue no one is talking about is that since, as stated above, defensive wins are really the key to beating your opponent, GW isn’t actually about playing but rather figuring out how best to get the AI to win.

That’s problematic already since that’s not fun but it’s further complicated by the fact that you can’t review how your defensive teams perform other than checking your logs for win/loss defense stats.

As the weeks roll by, GW will be dominated by those who figure out how best to game the AI to grief their opponents.

Ok, I’m back :slight_smile:

For a guild with 50% colour bonus, a player winning all 5 battles with 4 colour troops that survive can get 6300 points, for a guild total of 189,000. A guild with an 80% colour bonus would get 8820 points per player for the same feat, and a player just losing to the Paragon would only get 4410 (and that’s without any losing points, since I don’t know what they are). So if the higher guild lost 17 Paragon fights, they would edge out a win with 189,630 points. How is that competitive, or even likely given the AI?

4 Likes

How many guilds with 50% bonus will fight against guilds with 80% bonuses? I presume none?

Just my two cents

THE ONE thing I hate most about PVP is the one thing that is driving GWs

Defense teams NOT bound by any constraints . We play against completely uncontrolled Defense teams with locked by color offense teams.

This means that you can make a killer Yellow team but a Bone Dragon /Bone Dragon / Sylvanimora fully traited mythic and 1000th+ level hero - you have NO chance.

5 Defense Teams last night - ALL had at least 1 bone dragon+Sylvaninmora

I would never play the yellow team that I have against that combo. It have a very mixed color team that can handle that.

Either lock the Defense teams into color or put us against Opponents Offense team that is of color.

Otherwise this is just PVP with steroids.

1 Like

Eh early on they might, but I think over time the brackets should settle down, so the big differences are a lot rarer.

Assuming they distributed the guilds for this first week based on bonuses, maybe a couple, maybe none. But based on the promotion/relegation between brackets that was indicated in the preview threads, there will be some next week, since some bracket 2’s will move to 1 and some 1’s will move to 2. More specifically, if my guild somehow won this week we’d have no chance next week, and if a strong guild loses they could end up in a bracket with some who simply can’t compete. So ignoring this weeks initial seedings, the system is designed in a way that it will equalize itself based on those bonuses, and very little that a team does (including finding a Paragon that can win defense over 50% of the time) can compensate for that bonus. No real way to advance and/or win is not very fun, in my opinion.

The differences will likely be smaller as you get into lower brackets and things “clog up”. But for the top few brackets, the differences are huge. What I’m describing is based on the actual reported data between the top two brackets. So maybe it isn’t an overall Guild Wars problem, it’s only a top bracket problem. And the group which can win the top bracket is set in stone for the next number of months. But if that’s the case, what’s the incentive for guilds after they get to the second bracket?

3 Likes