Kraken spell effect, intended or unintended?

I’ll admit, I’ve never actually played with Knight Coronet so I can’t speak to the validity of this statement, however if it is true the original statement could still be true because Knight Coronet targets the first and last troop. Well, one troop can be considered the first AND last troop, however they could not be considered the first AND second troop or the third AND fourth troop.

3 Likes

I have never seen this either and I play with Kraken a lot. I’ve seen him deal damage and then devour, and I have seen him deal additional damage due to 4 or 5 matches as mentioned above, but I’ve never seen him deal double damage due to there not being another troop. In my experience, if there is only one troop, Kraken will still only deal the initial damage once.

1 Like

Just tested it, Kraken only deals the damage once. (As does EK and Reaver)
Devour only ever follows afterwards (usually before gem generation for me) and shakes like it was an attack.

So Knight Coronet is the only troop that can deal his damage meant for two troops on the last remaining one.
At least by design. Stranger glitches have occurred so I’m not debunking Kraken’s double-hit yet.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Druid also will hit the final target twice. He will always select two different targets if possible, but will double up if there’s only one enemy remaining.

1 Like

I tried searching the troops and from what I could find and based on my experience:
Druid, Hobgoblin, Ship Cannon, and Satyr Musician do multiple random targets and will double (or triple) up on one target if they have to.
EK, Kraken, Lion Prince, some more, all target first 2/last 2 and I’ve never seen them double up.
Coronet is the ONLY troop that damages first/last that I could find, so it makes sense that it might work differently from the others. Penitent also targets first/last, but just deathmarks them, so doubling up does nothing. Same with the hero weapon that just mana drains first/last.
In terms of game logic, I think it’s kind of weird and inconsistent that Coronet is different from everyone else. In terms of balance, I don’t think it matters - if you’ve got the enemy down to their last troop, there’s a 99.9% chance you’re going to win, especially if you still have Coronet (who’s probably your first troop) alive.
Sorry for the wall of text :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Hey guys, I hate to necro a thread but I wanted to say I figured this out. I saw it again today.

What is happening is that Kraken is creating the blob of blue gems and in the process creates a cascade that matches skulls.

For whatever reason, instead of Troop #1 attacking the enemy, it re-runs Kraken’s spell animation, making it appear that it is firing a 2nd shot against a single opponent when it reality, the damage is coming from skulls.

5 Likes