Kingdom Domination

My native language is typo.

1 Like

I am in a bit of a quandary with the kingdom leveling. All other things being equal, is it more efficient to level a home kingdom as high as possible or spread out the leveling to different kingdoms? Say my home kingdom is at level 4 and I have the souls to raise it to level 8. Conversely I could use those souls to boost four lvl3 kingdoms to level 4. I’m thinking getting four kingdoms that +1 life bonus would come in more handy during invasions, whereas having only one excellent kingdom can hamper efforts a bit. Am I looking at it wrong?

Absolutely not. :smile:
As I said, it’s ultimately up to you to decide what you prefer. The good thing about leveling up your home kingdom first is that you’ll always have the best possible bonus when defending - and when you start out the game, you usually need to invade a lot to make money, so you can expect a lof of invading from other players too. Therefore, upgrading your home kingdom means that your troops are better protected to resist said invades, and your retaliation are in the best circumstances.
That being said, if you don’t feel like you need the higher kingdom bonus, and you feel like invading a lot without scrolling through possible players until you find one with the “right” kingdoms, spreading out is fine too.
When I started upgrading my kingdom, I first fully upgraded my home kingdom, and then I was going for all the commons, regardless of the kingdom, so for a long time I had several kingdoms at level 4 or 5 rather than just a few upgraded to the max. I started seeing a real bump in tributes, and as you said, the +1 Life bonus was really welcome too.
So in the end it mostly depends on the way you want to spend your souls, which are your most precious resources when starting the game.

Thanks! Honestly I’m itching to put more leveling into my home kingdom for the defense bonuses and the sense of accomplishment. Once I bump a couple more up to level 4 I think I’ll work on boosting Divination Fields to the max. Works great with my Webspinner/Caernax/Gorgotha/Hero(Eye of Xanthos) PvP team!

I wish you the best of luck! Great team by the way. I’ve been playing for about a year and I still don’t have Carnex. Grr. :persevere:

As far as these Gem bonuses I’m giving out go, I’m fine with Guides covering the same topic if the opinions presented are different. I’m all for multiple angles on things :slight_smile: Not sure what else could be brought to the table on this topic, but thought I’d mention it.

Great work again @Archenassa, I need a button on my desktop that is the ‘Give Archenassa Gems’ button :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ahah thank you!
I’ve prepared another guide but I’ll post it tomorrow, I’m off to bed now. I thought I’d write just one guide, turns out it is a really enjoyable experience. :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah, all credits (and gems!) to @Archenassa. Nothing left to add for me here. :smile:

Thanks for the guide. I’ve seen elsewhere that Kingdoms give specific tributes - either they always give gold or always souls or always glory.

If that’s the case, it would be great to see that info added to each Kingdom in your guide.

There are a number of Map projects that show that info. For example:

1 Like

Thanks Mel!
@actreal I did not add the map in since I did not create them, so it would not feel right from me to do so. I’ll ask the author if it can be added to theguide, though.

Map added, thanks a lot @Venan for your authorization! :smile:

3 Likes

Update 29/10/15 for the 1.0.7 patch!

Kingdoms are now leveled up with gold.

According to @BlueDog, the price to level a kingdom from 2 to 10 would be 122 500 gold (since you get a kingdom already at level 1 when you buy it), reparted as such:

• level 2: 500 gold
  • level 3: 1 000 gold
  • level 4: 2 000 gold
  • level 5: 4 000 gold
  • level 6: 8 000 gold
  • level 7: 15 000 gold
  • level 8: 22 000 gold
  • level 9: 30 000 gold
  • level 10: 40 000 gold

Each level grant you +1% tribute, +1 to a Mastery (which increases mana surge chance), and +1 to a troop stat (Life, Armour or Attack).

To see what bonus you’ll be benefiting from, you first need to open the kingdom tab:

You can find all the bonus you’re getting on the main screen, the Kingdom Level tab:

@mattlistener made a nice recap of all kingdoms bonuses, as well as @actreal in this post . Jump to these threads to look through them!
Note that the bonuses are now global, so the stats bonus will apply to ALL battles, even if you’re fighting from or in another kingdom. (For instance, my troops will get the +1 Life bonus from Ghulvania, even if I’m defending in Zaejin or fighting in Divinion Fields).

The Income tab shows you how much gold per day you get from this specific kingdom when you collect your gold:

Each kingdom has a chance to give you tributes (up to 10% chance for a level 10 kingdom, since each kingdom level gives you +1% tribute chance). Your home kingdom gives you double tribute!
To know what tribute you might get, hop to the Tribute tab:

The current list of tributes is:

• Adana: 175 gold, 2 glories, 2 souls
  • Broken Spire: 200 gold, 0 glory, 4 souls
  • Divinion Fields: 50 gold, 6 glories, 4 souls
  • Forest of Thorns: 75 gold, 1 glory, 12 souls
  • Ghulvania: 50 gold, 0 glory, 16 souls
  • Grosh-Nak: 0 gold, 2 glories, 16 souls
  • Karakoth: 50 gold, 2 glories, 12 souls
  • Khaziel: 250 gold, 0 glory, 0 soul
  • Khetar: 0 gold, 0 glory, 20 souls
  • Maugrim Woods: 150 gold, 2 glories, 4 souls
  • Mist of Scales: 125 gold, 0 glories, 10 souls
  • Pan’s Vale: 25 gold, 8 glories, 2 souls
  • Pridelands: 100 gold, 4 glories, 6 souls
  • Stormheim: 200 gold, 2 glories, 0 soul
  • Sword’s Edge: 125 gold, 5 glories, 0 soul
  • Whitehelm: 0 gold, 10 glories, 0 soul
  • Wild Plains: 50 gold, 8 glories, 0 soul
  • Zaejin: 150 gold, 3 glories, 2 souls
  • Zhul’Kari: 0 gold, 5 glories, 10 souls

The Lore tab gives you general infos about the kingdom: lore, favoured mana colours, and the types of troops.

The collection tab is presently greyed out, and we’ll know more about it in the next patch.

If I forgot anything, please let me know!

1 Like

It appears that the only reason to pick one kingdom over another as your home now is which tribute-producer you want doubled.

Keep in mind a level 10 kingdom produces 10 times more often than a level 1.

To help
A list of bonus according kingdoms.
In 1.0.7

In 1.0.8

Hope this helps you in your choice of home kingdom, and choose which favorite you increase first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your list is prettier than mine. I am all jealousy. :stuck_out_tongue:

is not jealous , this is just to complete the good work you provided
a list where you can find everything in a glance :wink:

I know, you did a really good job on it. :slight_smile:

What are those last three icons from?

@Tophu

The first one is the emblem on the Hero card:

And the other two are shields from upcoming kingdoms.