Just gonna say this, Devs...SCREW your guild wars pay to win nonsense

Why make a thread to cry.? Come on man. Negativity breeds negativity. Now I’m being a negative Nancy to the cry babies. You know who you are.

4 Likes

They will let anyone make a thread now a days. Bro you got a be 21 and over to play here!

1 Like

Thanks not necessarily true, we are ridiculously short this week. Although we do have more than 10 playing GW😁

Relax everyone, this is just a preview of next week’s new Mythic troop: The Forum Troll :poop:

I am in a top 10 guild, none of us as far as I am aware is over vip 8 and there is only one person I know of that is that high, we will crush you because we work as a team to get better and put in alot of time grinding it out to get the benefits we have, It has not came easily by the way, we have taken new players and helped and coached them to be the best they can be, instead of the I can not attitude, we have the how can I become better attitude, while having alot of fun in the process and enjoying helping others along the way,

cheers

3 Likes

seriosly sir, I took my hat off for you, mad respect

1 Like

As many of the previous forums users have said, many of our end game players have never made a purchase. We very specifically designed the game in such a way that all content could be accessed without hitting a pay wall. We rewards paying players as well as players that invest a significant amount of time.

12 Likes

Yeah I respect that type of leadership.
My commander is @NekrosLucem. And I love @NekrosLucem Leadership. Respect.

2 Likes

This post was both misguided and rude.

I’m moving it to PS4 chat, I assume that’s the right platform. I was tempted to tone down the title a bit, but didn’t.

you guys…well most of you missed the point…and this is the last I am saying about this…BUYING troop bonuses in Guild Wars is crap…Hell I am level 835 and I like spending my resources in actual troops keys and using my souls to level up My troops…having to use those resources to buy an advantage in guild wars is crap…it should be like pvp…everyone on the same playing field save kingdom level and armor of course…So…Mods just close this thread…it’s turned out to be useless

It’s because your initial post wasn’t anything like the last one you just made. ^^^

6 Likes

Heated topic is not the best way to be listened here… :wink:

In our guild (bracket 2), we have some low level players (level close to 200 or 300) and they have some difficulties to follow:

• some of them have to wait for the GW task rewards so they can pay for the sentinel bonus,
  • difficuties to win (don’t have the good troops/traits)

Another point is the unfairness of the GW rank bonus: Soldier don’t have additionnal bonus compared to Paragon. So it’s more difficult for a Soldier to do his battles which should be the opposite, no?
And of course, the low level players are generally stuck in the Soldier rank…

Of course, the Sentinel system is there so devs can make some dollars (even if I really doubt about players buying gems with dollars only for increasing their Sentinel levels… same for the change Hero’s class fee…).
But in my dictionnary, paying for an advantage during battles is a P2W feature.

@EmsDad15 Aww hugs -hands you chocolate- I have really good people to play with. I couldn’t ask for more. I like you too Ems I read your posts a lot on this forum just don’t always reply to them.

@Saltypatra While you note players do not hit a pay wall to do things. With the current Guild Wars if the user is not in a top guild and completes statues. Then all those souls, gems, etc come from longer grinds. And given that the new GW is harder unless your teams have full traits, and you have the better mythics. Then GW’s becomes a very grueling process. And then if you consider lower end guild and lower level players. The new GW is too hard for lowbies to effectively play in. As high life and fully traited opponents with a harder AI will smash them into the ground. So GW is more aimed at higher end guilds and higher level players. Now if GW leveraged all players to certain base stats then anyone could play against anyone. Similar how Blizzard designed its dungeons for WoW.

This GW may be noted as improved, but its really just something the developers will again have to revisit after it sinks in deeper with the community.

2 Likes

Resources can be spent in multiple ways, improving your kingdom level and power, buying keys, leveling troops and hero classes, completing guild task for statue levels, sentinels. All of those improve your odds within guild wars. Now, not trying to bash you, but claiming “same playing field” by singling out those boost components that you personally prefer strikes me as a little too much one-sided. If you really want that “same playing field”, that’s Arena style, where progression (almost) doesn’t factor in at all.

1 Like

IMO the Devs have went above and beyond to make sure this game is in no way shape or form pay to win. And they have done a wonderful job.
I am level 1002 and vip0 my guild does complete all tasks and many legendary tasks. But it’s not like we started out that way. We have al put in many hours to get there. Oh and I am only missing 3 mythics.
As far as gw go you can earn everything you need without spending a dime.

4 Likes

If you and your guild get pummeled, then you’ll go down in rank until you find an appropriate spot.

Our mid-level guild is like that. We have a great week, gain some ranks, but at some point we are too high and lose a bunch and just head back down.

2 Likes

In this respect can I be so bold as to ask why you haven’t given the devs a single dime for a game that you enjoy so much? I’m not being antagonistic, I’m genuinely intrigued.
Personally I’ve played this game waaaaay too much and have both mine and my partner’s account high enough to access vip chests. Not that they’re any good mind.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that I will never spend anything. Just at this point and time on my list of priorities of things I need to pay for . Video games is not one of them.

3 Likes