Just an idea to talk about regarding "Garbage Troops"

I didn’t really follow all that either…

I have some mixed views on the topic that you seem to be addressing:

• a collectibles game needs a large number of things to collect, in our case, troops - GoW was light on the actual number for a long time and is only now reaching normal market trends - and needs more!
  • gacha only works and only makes a sustainably profitable game if there’s enough variety
  • that said, more troops need to be usable and more variety in PvP defences is absolutely needed
  • the incoming weekly events system may help, though we don’t know its full details yet
  • there’s an excellent thread of buff and balance A-Z taking shape Troop Buff A-H Thread With Summary that some genius came up with

@lyya I agree that hidden bonuses won’t be hidden for long, but I applaud @MadamBambii for trying something new at least, and I do think some extra story-themed or unique synergy bonuses (or penalties) should apply:

• for example, Carnex and Sparkgrinder together
  • Amira should also mana drain Emperor Khorvash (or gain Fast effect if he’s on the enemy team)
  • bonus for having Tyri, Marid and Jonny Bronze all in together
    … and yes I realise these would be extra work to code, as they can’t easily be genericised and tabulated…

(and yes I know genericised isn’t a word, but it should be)