Is this a puzzle game?

To clarify, the process I describe happened last spring and summer.

Everyone in my Guild is very unhappy with 3.1 and I see numerous complaints in Guild Chat about crappy “luck” in GW matches.

So far I’d say all the unhappiness has hurt our Guild less than most because, by chance, we were just starting a major surge (40k seals first time ever, several weeks in a row of LTs, which in the past we never did, moving up several brackets in GW). So I think Guild morale was record-high when the update dropped.

That said, we lost 2 players last week over the lucky AI/streaky RNG, and I don’t doubt there will be more to come if things don’t improve.

I’m leaving Sunday after this week is done.
That puts my guild at 26 because of other people quitting.

The guild is Tier 2 GW, (Top 25 trophies) with no Seal or Trophy requirements…it’s an awesome guild but the game is not awesome.

1 Like

2 Likes

My first turn, I find a twofer Brown and Yellow match and I think “Cool.” Those two matches are worth 5 mana. [-1 yellow from Banner]

On the AI’s first turn they get 7 cascades and 33 mana.

And this is why I’m leaving at week end. I used to love this game. VIP 10 (which is a crazy amount of money, but my enjoyment was worth it over all that time) and spent thousands and thousands of hours playing it.

I wanted a casual puzzle RPG hybrid but now I just have no idea what enjoyment I can possibly get out of this exploding RNG slot machine mess.

Even if I’d had a good turn, what would that have meant? That I explode the board in 2 turns and loop until everyone is dead with Elemaugrim, maybe a finisher from Infernus if Elemaugrim’s loop doesn’t hit because 3 of the 4 enemies are dead (no longer burning)?

There’s just nothing fun about that, not for me.

8 Likes

Good luck @Ariel! Try Trove its a game i am having a lot of fun with!

I’m sorry to see GoW losing another veteran player and these forums losing a great contributor, but unfortunately I completely understand your frustration.

Yesterday, I almost forgot to log in and do my “chores”. (Dungeons and GW) That’s a first for me to go a day without realizing I hadn’t played. Not missing the game is bad first step in the wrong direction. :frowning:

8 Likes