Is it possible to dump the update & revert back to what we had?

Correct if I’m wrong here, but didn’t they only take away like 5 event keys from the Green Tasks? And you can still get them from LTs, so there’s technically an uncapped amount available.

I really don’t see much of an argument on this front. This strikes me as the hyperbole we’ve been seeing a lot of ever since the update went live. People are acting like it’s doomsday b/c they have 5 fewer Event Keys and still get an uncapped amount from LTs. And it’s already been demostrated that we’re getting more Gold than we were before, which more than offsets the nerf to LTs (gems excluded). That means, in effect, you’re getting more Event Keys for your time now if you’re doing a decent number of LTs. I mean, come on…

I get why people are upset about taking away uncapped Gems (though I don’t think it’s nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be), but this seems ridiculous.

It’s way more than just 5 event keys, it is 18 event keys gone total for all tasks completed.

It doesn’t sound like much, but the task was only giving 42 event keys before and now is giving only 24 keys afterwards. It’s a significant reduction.

Tack on event chests giving troops that aren’t part of the event kingdom and it becomes an issue.

4 Likes

Nephilim is also referring to event keys being removed from Glory packs. For a number of months, console got event keys when we purchased the weekly troops for glory, but that was replaced with glory keys a few months ago. We understand that PC/Mobile never got that perk, but nothing was said until after the switch was made and people started asking questions. The explanation was essentially: “well, PC/Mobile never had this and you’re almost caught up on troops now, so we’re levelling the playing field. Oh, and we’re removing the discount on glory packs at the same time. Cheers.” Meanwhile, we’ve still been getting troops and kingdoms at an accelerated rate but have had our resources cut while trying to play catch-up.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, that’s not the 20% reduction they claimed. More like 42%? I hadn’t noticed, I guess b/c my guild doesn’t complete the last few Green Tasks where the big ramp up occurs.

Technically true. But how many guilds do multiple Legendary Tasks each week? My guild is ranked around #50 on PC/Mobile and the most LTs we’ve finished in one week is 3. Most weeks we don’t do any!

How many guilds complete a dozen or more LTs each week? My guess is fewer than 20, though I could be wrong.

Well hell…I’m a lucky boy then. I acquired ugly ass Queen GrappleGut with only 18 event keys. And that is all I had too. Lucky lucky boy eh? :wink:

i could live through unfair gw points, deadly cascades, malicious ai and whatnot

but what killed my passion to play was the troop search interface. thinking of and making new teams was what made the game fresh to me. without that refreshing touch i lost the passion, now im playing just the minimum to do the chores and move on

i hope they will fix that interface soon enough before i get completely bored off the game

i cant seriously be bothered to click 20 times, every time i am thinking of a different troop, to search it up

8 Likes

Yes, using a console interface on an iPhone truly sucks…

But think about the efficiency of the unified code base!

/sarc

Hopefully the (kinda ugly :unamused:) new UI will address this flaw. The team is certainly aware of how cumbersome team management has become… (:crossed_fingers:)

2 Likes

Glad to here you’re still enjoying the game Vanyel. However I don’t and I perfectly agree with Lardy-Porker and so do all my guild members. So although “everyone” may be an exaggeration, I firmly believe that the general sentiment towards the update is not a positive one.

2 Likes

One of the other items, around when events and GWs were introduced, is that they would be optional. We wouldn’t need to play them to keep the same level of income.

Yet, to me, the adjustment in Gems seems to be based around how many more you can earn grinding the event and playing top 50 in GWs.

Nothing for me to do but stop spending and decide if its worth continuing to play.

1 Like

Well in TUF, all three guilds do legendaries on a regular basis. Someone from those guilds can correct my numbers, these are just my impressions. So I’m guessing more guilds do legendaries than you might think.

TUF:Unrepentant does 30+ legendaries a week
TUF:Abaddon I think does like 10-15 legendaries.
TUF:Purgatory does a few here and there.

In the past I actually used the word loot in our recruitment. It’s not a word I can honestly say anymore. After the legendaries nerf, it hasn’t been the recruiting draw it used to be. The response has been more like “legendaries meh”. One of our players joined Unrepentant for all the legendaries and sadly left the game last week.

None Of The Above
TUF:Unrepentant

1 Like

I certainly don’t have any hard figures and my own Guild isn’t fanatical about gold contributions.

OTOH “TUF” may not be typical since it’s a ‘franchise guild’. Unrepentant is ranked 7 I think and Abaddon is something like #61.

But point taken, there are a lot of ‘younger’ guilds that are charging up the standings, we’ve gone down in rank from about 34 to 51 in the 6 months I’ve been in the guild!

We make a point about not getting too intense about reqs, we have several lower-level players (under 400 anyway) and want to bring them along.

I used to wonder how a slacker guild like ours ever got so high in the standings (at one point we were ranked 20) but someone posted a spreadsheet of the top 50 going back 2 years. Turns out we were always a relaxed guild, we’ve just been around a long time! :sweat_smile:

I still think it’s an excuse. The people who make the game wanted to nerf LTs because they want to make it much harder to get the best cards without paying out a lot of $$$. That’s the long and short of it.

1 Like

TUF isn’t so much a franchise guild. We self sort based on activity level, but since we didn’t do Unrepentant, Unrepentant 2, Unrepentant 3 people now identify with those guilds, so even though TUF:Purgatory is for those who are starting out, some people like it enough there to stay.

Even TUF:Unrepentant has lower level players. Our lowest is 285 at the moment.

We even have a guild for vacations, TUF:Limbo where members can go full on slacker. People move around based on where we have openings and how active they plan to be. It’s one of the things that makes TUF such a great low stress place. So that part isn’t typical, but I imagine the getting legendary tasks is more common than you might think, especially after x4.

I think you’re totally right on the hard to get the best cards from legendaries, but because of event keys now dropping mythics and crafting, it’s actually easier than before to get non-Apocalypse mythics.

1 Like