iPhone performance drops after about 1h

I’ve been playing GoW for almost 9 months now and I’m having a blast! Only thing is that I’m running into an issue that seems to become worse (maybe because the game gets more and more content?).

When the GoW app is open for a while, it starts to become laggy everywhere and there’s a lot of stuttering and framerate drops (during battles, on the world map, on the troop screen, …). Restarting the app solves the issue completely but it returns after about 1h.

Am I the only one experiencing this or is this a known issue? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

I play on an iPhone 6s (64GB) with loads of free space available.

So this has been a known issue for mobile, but mostly reported when doing explores back to back. I know after doing about 20 explores in a row, my phone starts to lag and slow down immensely. As you stated, closing and restarting the game fixes this issue. People speculate that there is some kind of data hold when doing explores in a row that isn’t getting rid of old data and thus slowing down your phone.

Question for you: What do you typically play which leads to this slow down? Is it a lot of explores? PVP? Quests?

I’ve never had a noticeable slow down after doing a long run of PvP battles.

@Zippity Good question actually. I never paid attention to that. I believe it also happens when playing PvP but I’m not 100% sure (I think this because I mainly play PvP). I’ll do some testing and will be back with an update! Thanks for the reply!

1 Like