Information Gathering - Team Scores

When your score was 9670, you were in a guild with all statues at level 200?

Assuming that, I get
9670 - 8190 = 1480
Statue stat bonuses are worth 180 (red) + 160 (all others) * 5 = 980
1480 - 980 = 500 to be explained by the guild statue mastery levels.

Conclusion: it looks like the team score increase for having all guild statues at level 200 is 500 team score.

5 Likes

Correct, Sir.

3 Likes

High level - unlocked yellow statue bonus, score 9599 > 9659 (+4 life, +160 score)
Level 1118

Low level
Level 103 - Statues at 47, 52, 46, 45, 44, 48 - 6455
Level 104 - 6461 (+5)
Level 105 - 6466 (+5)

I’m actually thinking there has to be a hard cutoff when statue levels just stop giving points. A diminishing returns formula would have over 550 statue levels and 55 player levels to account for an 11 score point difference between myself and @ZooKeeper, at this very moment, and based on the other data, that will be covered by the levels alone.

However, something else doesn’t really line up. If every statue level gives exactly one point until some number of levels, and they all stop giving points at an equal level, for statues to only add 500 points by some statue level would have that level be 83.33, or only be giving an average of 5/6th of a point per level up to statue level 100. Also, if my level 100 yellow statue did give me my last score point change, I’d have gone eight recorded levels at this point with no score change. But if it was actually the simultaneous level that pushed it over, then none of the statue levels I’ve gained since I posted this thread would have given any points at all, including yellow from 99 to 100. I hope someone close to statue level 100 but not over can clear up this point at least.

1 Like

At levels 1151, 1157, 1162 max team score increased by one point at each level. (9,668 now)

3 Likes

Leveled up to 1178 and my maxed out team score increased by one point to 9671, as expected. So it’s another confirmation that we get 1 point on our team score for every 5 levels.

Edit: I managed to get Silverglade to 5 star last week (+1 magic) and nothing was changed on my maxed out team score.

4 Likes

Based on this, my current theory is that the guild statues are worth 1 team score per mastery level, but it stops at 500 points.

So, once your guild’s statues average level 83.33 (500/6), additional statue level increases don’t provide any team score at all.

3 Likes

Reached level 1168 and gained one more team point.

2 Likes

Let’s necro this thread to discuss what I think is an anomalously low team score.

Team consists of
Level 20 (Mythic)***
Level 19 (Legendary)*
Level 20 (Mythic)***
Level 18 (Epic)*

Assuming that @Ozball’s formula upthread is correct, this team should have a team score of no less than 4120. 1000 points for traits, 2695 points for levels, and 425 points for rarity. This is before any kingdom, hero, or guild bonuses are considered.

The score being reported by the game is 2,224. It may be time to go back and re-examine the team score formula, as there is obvious tension between those numbers and the existing formula.

As an aside, it looks like the “AI penalty” has been eliminated: my defense team shows exactly the same score when I select it as my invade team as when I start a battle against it from my profile screen.

1 Like

Anomalously low is right. But according to all data points obtained thus far, the formula is correct. 2224 is so low that I would find it low for a single fully traited level 20 mythic by itself for anyone playing long enough to have anything ascended (or base) mythic to level 20 and fully traited. For comparison, a single level 19 legendary fully traited troop on my level 114 account gives a score of 2910. Adding level 1 commons to the team increases the score by the predicted 35 points (0 for rarity, 35 for one level), rares the predicted 60 points, and so on. Adding more level 19 fully traited troops increases by 1215 points per, as predicted (19 * 35 for levels + 4 * 25 for rarity + 50 + 150 + 250 for traits).

Note that there is a score anomoloy for using the hero as a troop on a team that has not been fully explained yet. The hero, when used as a troop, has a different calculation of score points added to a team than a troop. At mythic border (500+) with a maxed out class, the hero is actually worth 25 less points than a comparable troop. This does not account for numbers that low, however, as (shown later) the hero’s base value as a troop appears to be larger.

I spent about 15 minutes taking various troops on and off of teams, and the numbers for rarity, level and traits held up every time, regardless of the initial rarity of the troop or how many there were on the team.

Incidentally, this also means that having a slot filled versus not filled is worth zero points, eg., a troop is worth no points besides the combination of its level, traits, and rarity. This means that the global score modifiers are just that - global, regardless of how many troops are in your team.

Using this information, and what we know about the other bonuses, I can finally extrapolate how many points my hero’s level is worth.

A single level 1 troop common in a team on my low level account is worth 1730 points. This means my global score bonus is 1695.
My guild has statues at level 55, 60, 52, 52, 52, and 55 (total 326 score points).
I have 9 level 10 kingdoms (total 360 score points).
Therefore, my hero’s level is worth 1009 global score points at level 114.

You don’t start at zero, though. There is some kind of starting value assigned to a level 1 hero. So I decided to start another new account and see where I landed:

A team with just the Hero and a lance knight at level 1 starts with 114 points. The hero themselves also gives an anomalous amount of points in any team, and you can’t edit teams at this point making it difficult to see exactly how many score points you actually start with. However, at level two, after completing the next tutorial quest, you have 134 points. That is twenty score points for one level up, but since the hero is in the team and their scores are all over the map, that could be contributory. Since teams are now editable, I can see a single lance knight is now worth 66 points, so I have a baseline. My level 2 hero is adding a total 31 global score points.

Completing the next battle levels you up, then another immediately for finishing the questline. Now at level 4, the lance knight/hero team is worth 173 points and the lance knight alone is worth 97. Levels 3 and 4 add 31 points to your global score bonus. Also, the hero is worth a few more points as a troop in the team - 76 at level 4 versus 68 at level 2. Looking at the first four levels, we have have 15.5 global score points per level for the first four levels. Assuming this, the level 1 hero as a troop is worth 64 points - which also tracks with the progression above.

Just to check, adding the goblin to your team here increases your score to 208, as predicted. I then joined a random guild, with statues at level 12, 16, 13, 12, 13, and 10 (total 66). My team score is now… you guessed it, 284. So the 1 point per guild statue level is spot on as well.

What this basically means is you get a ton of score added per level early on and you do actually have over 1000 global score points added by hero level 114, and ad this point, you are still getting five score points per level. To put this in comparison, 1080 is the score point difference between a player with no leveled kingdoms and another with full level 10 kingdoms (possibly even five starred, since five star doesn’t add any points).

tl;dr: Double checked basically everything about the formula and came up with the same results, along with some verification about the way global scores work. Anomaly remains a mystery. Are you on a different platform? Do you have any other information about said team that could maybe shed some light as to why your team would have a glitched score?

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming that the formula is correct, and for doing a lot of additional testing on the side.

This wasn’t my team – it was the 1-trophy offering in PVP. I have screenshots I could email/PM to a dev, but I wanted to check here and make sure that I didn’t miss anything obvious.

Edit: I’m on PC/mobile, so I assume my opponent was as well.

I’ve seen a couple instances where someone was fielding a one-troop team with a full-team score. The only assumption I could draw is that the team score did not properly update when the match had already been pulled but they later changed their team. 2200s is very low, though, for the reasons I explained, so unless the player was also very low level with almost no score bonuses, that is out too.

id assume @Mithran is right, it seems defense team score sometimes doesnt update when defense team is changed, also saw few other cases like that

Sorry for necromancing, but the thread seams to be the best one to try:

How are team scores of 11k+ achieved? A guildy with a pure goblin team (all mythiced up) around lvl 1300 is at 11200, while I´m around 1150 at 10200 myself using hero/2 legs/1myth (all mythiced up).
I have all kingdoms but 2 at 5-7 stars. Only other thing scaling seems to be the level itself. Are the 150 hero lvl + probably some pet lvl enough for a difference of over 1k?
As far as I remember, I read somewhere leveling over 1100 wouldn´t make a huge difference.

Help. :frowning:

tl;dr: Different score calcs for teams when they are viewed on defense. You can only achieve 11k+ power on defense.

Hero level past 1000 only accounts for a point every few levels, and further diminishes.

Basically, everything found in this thread was before the Unity port (on PC/Mobile, though now we have parity with the team scores as well) and mostly holds true. However, since then:

• With the Unity port, personal team score calcs stopped considering completed guild tasks (160 points per, except red which is 180)
  • At the same time, personal team score calcs started considering five star kingdoms (40 points per)
  • At the same time, defense team score calcs were not updated and did not consider five star kingdoms.
  • Since this point, we have had different score calcs for the same team viewed on defense or anywhere else.
  • In a recent version update (3.5?), defense team score calcs were fixed to consider five star kingdoms in addition to the completed guild tasks.
  • To this date, personal team score calcs still have not been fixed to consider completed guild tasks.

You can see the differential in action by fighting your own team through anything other than the “test defense team button” (which conveniently has the team score hidden). For example, clicking on PvP leaders, your own name, and selecting fight, or clicking on your own name in chat and doing the same.

My main endgame account is exactly 980 points off right now, which is the exact amount of points you get from finishing guild tasks and unlocking their respective skill bonuses.

And this account gets no completed guild task skill bonuses, and my defense team scores are exactly the same as when I view them anywhere else.

And this account finished just the blue statue. Note the 160 point difference.

The glitch where a defense team’s score will sometimes get displayed as the score of whatever team it recently was switched with still persists, by the way.

So the numbers are essentially meaningless as any kind of measure of power. But we already knew that. With the defense teams at least using the “complete correct” formula, we are at least finally getting payouts that scale slightly better into having maxed out kingdoms and guild stats.

4 Likes

-epiphany-
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this detailed explanation! :ice_cream::gift_heart:
I guess, I can stop my grail quest for the mystical source of teamscoryness now.