Ideas to help the devs make money!

I believe so especially over time. So many games in all genres sell visual alternatives. It would die out if it wasn’t profitable. Each new gow generation will come up expecting these packs and buy. That’s always contingent on a players willingness to pay for anything. You have to offer a variety to be effective. I don’t like yellow and wont buy a pack predominantly colored. The next player loves yellow and grads it. Did dragon knight armor pay for itself the first month? I doubt it but it’s still selling today.

But if it was yellow, would it sell more? :slight_smile:

What about ransomware that costs 500 gems once per month? Since you only get them from guild tasks and GW rewards, it should make people to buy lots of gems!

Where’s the added value, you say? Well, we can call this a new feature! For every AI match of four or more in the game, someone gets ransomware. If we’re skilled enough, there won’t be too much.

Who’s with me!?

3 Likes

Lots of good ideas in this thread. So much potential. I’d rather devs & publisher added more stuff for us to buy rather than take stuff off of us to increase the economy. I’m VIP 6 and right now I just don’t have a need to buy anything else (except Xanathos). I dunno how much money this game makes but I’m sure the devs aren’t rocking up to the office barefoot and hungry each morning. That said, I’d happily buy some visual updates like more avatars etc. I’d be contributing to that Louis Vitton handbag I know Saltypatra has her eye on.

1 Like

And no answer from the devs…

1 Like

They did try cosmetics and they were an abysmal failure by the looks of things. Players claim they’ll do lots of things but it’s the chase for rare troops that makes money at the end of the day.

They were overpriced and bundled with unwanted extras. Micro-transactions are obviously best for cosmetics.

3 Likes

Give us another gold boost to buy then cut the number of gems we get, double the money for developers. Plus we get excess gold that we can use to get a glory key once we spend a million. Sarcasm btw. Want to make money drop your prices by at least half and quit nerfing the gems we get with the game.

5 Likes

They did a pityful try:

• cosmetics for the Hero, the guy that no ones use (okay it could be wrong now with Dawnbringer)
  • 2 race packs which contains only one gender whereas all other races have the 2 genders → half-baked pack → no thanks

They should try with the St Patrick skulls or the other ones (don’t remember) in a 5$ pack as the visuals are already done.

Or as said many times with an alternative visual for a troop. Mab seems to be an interesting first choice. looking at @Saltypatra

4 Likes

i think that would be very popular :grin:

1 Like

Give vip players vip keys instead of treating them like something you’ve trodden in and don’t want on your carpets.
I’d spend money again if they had a rethink.
My main issues…
Vip players getting a pair of glory keys daily and a pitiful amount of gold. Yup, that cost me around £80 that benefit. Give us vip keys now the rewards have been decimated please.
Event keys…
These are a complete and utter joke. 15 gems to open one because most of us no longer have any event keys since they were nerfed away from glory purchases and guild tasks. So you get a traitstone, or a druid, or a blade dancer, or a treant or some other non event troops. This HAS to be changed.
The ai. I like it. The game is much more challenging now.
The cascades. Not a fan, these are completely out of control now imo.
Legendary tasks. Change the name to ‘really shit tasks’ or put them back to similar levels pre nerf. Keep gems out if you have to, but one key, one key, 4 keys is pathetic.
Take maps out of the guild tasks and put event keys back please.
There’s more but my pudding is getting cold.

7 Likes

The current problem with the GOW economy is the guild system. The economic structure is such that a good guild can replace almost all the reasons for making game purchases. Faced with the choice of spending real world money versus joining a guild, most players would naturally join a good guild. From the reaction so far, nerfing guild rewards to try and balance the economy has been extremely unpopular.

To generate revenue as well as player interest, the way forward should be paid premium content. For example, it takes a tremendous amount of effort to create a new kingdom. Instead of a standard kingdom which can fit all levels, perhaps we can have NEW premium paid kingdoms which cater to players level 1,000 and beyond. If the cost of unlocking and playing the new kingdom is relatively modest (e.g. $1 to $2), most long term players would probably have no issue subscribing for the new kingdom. Given the number of existing free to play kingdoms, there is plenty of content for new players to sink their teeth into.

Another possibility is the introduction of premium paid mini games. The effort to create content like the Soulforge and Dungeons is considerable. Moving forward, we could perhaps charge a modest fee to unlock new mini games. Some of this could be reworked versions of existing mini games. For example we could have premium Arena or premium Treasure maps that give substantially better rewards if the player pay a small amount to unlock and play.

Just some thoughts to keep this great game going …

1 Like

I would love to keep spending money on this game but I see no reason to. I’m currently vip12 and nothing available to buy is currently worth it. Gems are extremely overpriced. A motherlode is Au$159. That’s 3 AAA titles with all the content. Crazy!!
Similar Ftp games I play if I spend that money I would get at least enough gems to buy a MINIMUM of 100 vip chests.

This company has always over-valued there premium currency.

My last 5 purchases I didn’t even need them and was just throwing the devs a bone.

6 Likes

there should be no content unavailable for f2p! :frowning:

but im fine with a delayed content - say… new kingdom open only for $ for first month then it opens for free to all, etc

you are so right, to me - everything is overpriced :frowning: i would have already probably spent like 20$ or more if it offered in total things that are currently priced for like 80$. thats a minus -20$ for the company
but yeah im not a whale so maybe the players like me wouldnt make the difference

1 Like

The delay would have to be fairly substantial for this to generate meaningful revenue.

Unfortunately the general F2P model is based around whales spending huge sums and this probably won’t change whilst whales keep spending. I would happily spend small amounts regularly but there isn’t anything really worthwhile to buy now. I can’t justify buying gems as to me they are just RNG tokens and that’s akin to gambling in my eyes and it will just annoy me if I spend money on gems and get zero useful troops in the chests. However I definitely vote for the st Patricks day skulls to buy or other graphical quirks

1 Like

isnt one month good enough?
if someone decides to wait one month it means they most probably wouldnt bu8y it even if it was completely locked forever.
plus if you assume for example ppl cant gain the units from that kingdom from non-event chests - unless they unlock it - the month would feel like forever

also it would strongly depends on its price to unlock…

but its not like im huge fan of going that direction…

i think graphic pacs would do

Fixing the damn game will help. I will not spend a cent while impervious troops can be devoured and other bugs haven’t been fixed.

VIP should not have to wait for jack! They have spents 100’s or in some cases 1000’s of dollars on this game as it is! New kingdom free to vip, Non vip charge say $10 for early access or wait a month! I would be fine with this!

1 Like