META-CORE!

Would be very fun!

Or a Keeper of Souls that is crying and the text:

WEEPER OF SOULS

“I used to be something until that Bone Dragon appeared…”

EDIT: added another shirt

2 Likes

Exactly This.

I’ve made content in a couple of VWs that used the micro-transaction model well. Those little transactions can add up to a great deal of money. So, I am curious why GoW doesn’t use them more. Perhaps, they don’t feel they have a big enough playerbase yet.

Either way, they would get a larger amount of money out of me if they had more micro-transactions like the 5$ weapons they have on consoles.

1 Like

Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile) and Riot Games (League of Legends) have done micro transactions better than anyone else in the gaming industry. Micro transactions should (IMO) be 100% cosmetic and not change the way the game plays or how fast you progress. Think about your favorite LoL champion and how you HAD to have that skin that let everyone know he was your favorite?

What if you could buy a skin that made kraken look like a space alien and when he attacked, you actually saw tenticals reach out and slap someone?

1 Like

I fully endorse and hope for the idea of a monthly sub plan along the lines of :
10$ a month for keys gold gems etc everyday
15$ for more keys gold gems etc everyday
20-25$ elite sub for coloured name in chat plus keys gold gems and maybe a special cosmetic like a crown or whatever on your character avatar.

or a shirt:
Ek:
“Vote Emperor Khorvash for president!”

valkyrie:
“Your soul is safe with me, honey”

maw:
“Om nom nom”

gow logo:
“I Extra Turn IRL.”

amira:
“Do you wonder where i hid my shadow blades?”

famine:
“I came, in stead of Famine, to take that pizza slice.”

wulfgarok:
“Come, join my pack”

gard:
“Be glad i left my armor at home”

3 Likes

Funny, I feel like PoE and LoL are “holy sh*t expensive!” when it comes to the pricing of their content. The skins in both games start at like $10 a pop and go up into the $30 range. I think their monetization strategy is great, but their content is really expensive.

YaI will definitely agree that LoL’s micros are over priced. It was the concept of how they did it I liked.

1 Like

But LOL also implemented crafting system that let’s you get stuff you buy with money.

I’d buy an Emperor Khorvash tshirt if it said: Buff me please! :smirk:

1 Like

You could be interested by this topic :stuck_out_tongue: :

So what do you think about 35$ for 36 arcanes ;-)?
I think people who buy something at PoE or LoL does it firstly to thank devs. But they don’t really want to pay for nothing. So alternative skins can be a good excuse to spend some dollars.
Or they are collectors and want everything in their favorite game.

Devs choose to put only big and expensive pack better than micros. It’s their business plan, we have to deal with it… As far as I know, they never reply about micros. Or alternative visuals. :frowning:

1 Like

I would love to buy alternate visuals of my favorite cards. Love the Goblin Rocket art, give me some more choices to sport. What other things is this crazy rascal up to :sunglasses: I would suggest adding these slowly, one or two a week and make them limited time. I like to own things others don’t have. Then, to give people a chance to get ones they miss, I’d later add in a multi-pack of alternate card art that contained random past limited time offers. Even farther down the road, start offering a larger multi-packs. I believe this idea could be implemented slowly, which may help with developer costs.

2 Likes

Probebly some people say it before (but too much lazy for read all :grin:) but new race of Heroes can be good idea too.
I mean dev can add : dwarf, goblin, tauros, dark elves, undead, mécha, centaur, dragon etcetc, with new armor set.
And sell it with à pack with related Heroes race .
For exemple : Tauros Heroes skin, with Tauros armor, some Sunweaver card, and some gold/key/Soul.
But dont put crazy price to this pack, lot of people (include me) will run away!!:wink:

I like that idea.
Magic the Gathering would use both “shiny” versions and sometimes change the art of a card between editions. keep in mind art costs money, so would enough people buy a new art card to actually make them money? I kind of doubt it :frowning:

They release at least 2 troops (visual+spell+stats) by week for free so some visuals for dollars sounds better.
I’m not sure if it will work or not, but I’m sure about one thing: if they don’t try, they will never know…

Also it could be very nice to have a weekly community poll to decide of the next alternative visual (which troop + what he/she will be).

1 Like

Yes but they release those troops to everyone. Special art would be X people pay for it and it cost us Y to make it. I’d pay for it and I like the idea, but Sirrian was disappointed about dwarf bunny ears sales.

I don’t see why the cost change when it’s dedicated to everyone or X people. They can just come back to one troop by week + 1 alternative visual :slight_smile: .

I am sorry but I’m not a big fan of Hero tuning: these generic tunings do not really fit the Hero and in the end, your Hero looks like nothing (example: beard and hair colors are not exactly the same, strange colors, strange position of beard, etc.)… But that’s only my point of view ;-).
Alternative visuals are different: it’s a one-shot picture done one time by a pro and I think that there are quite appreciated by players.

Same conclusion than before: if they don’t try, they will never know…

artists cost money. will enough people pay for art X for it to become profitable?

1 Like

I don’t know how much cost one visual in GoW…

What I know is that one of the most famous/“advanced” F2P game (Path of Exile) sells extra visual for armor, alternative visual for spells, etc. Between one picture versus a full 3D animation, I believe that the most expensive is the 2nd one ;-).

If the hero visual packs gave race bonuses (Wargare, Monster, etc.) that were additive to the class perk bonuses, effectively opening up the option of dual-classing heroes, then that would open up a ton of new dynamics and would probably interest a lot more people.

New Magic Items slots → Rings, Robes, Boots etc
These could all be effects that use existing game mechanics (e.g. +50% exp, +100% souls etc) that just stack with the amour bonus and VIP bonuses.
They could also have some new properties, such as once suggested in this thread - e.g. some sort of trait stone improvement (or perhaps a once a day function that doubles traitstone reward in the next battle- like during the rune event), perhaps an extra turn when doing treasure maps, some sort of Arena based bonus and so forth

Overall things which would be helpful but steer clear of P2W

Also, new items would allow for new artwork and customization for avatars

2 Likes