Ideas to help the devs make money!

Well coming from a player who won’t spend and is just observing various discussions I think that 1$ per specific arcane would bring bought more then everything else offered combined.

And as for those subscription mentions: I feel bad enough that I can see vipe chests but can’t open them. But I ignore it. If I got something else restricted like QoL or playing pvp (like why dafq would they restrict our pvp?) I would be out in a heartbeat.
And I wouldn’t be playing this game if it had some energy system so don’t anyone dare suggesting that!

3 Likes

This would be very dangerous for me. Too often, I’d find my self dropping $5 to finish off a troop’s trait. Or worse, all those $1-$2 for the last Arcane that won’t drop from explore.

Let’s just leave those $14.99 Deckhand bundles.

2 Likes

And before anyone tries to label @DonBoba a “freeloader” or a “moocher”; keep in mind that he runs one of the top guilds in the game. While he may not spend money on the game himself, I guarantee some of his guildmates do, and I’d bet all my Mythics that they are that much more inclined to spend their money because they are in a guild they enjoy; and that is directly the result of the effort @DonBoba puts into the game (though I’m sure he’d say it’s not just his effort).

The devs may not see any money straight from his wallet but you’re damn skippy that he’s contributed positively to their bottom line and I bet they know it; heck it’s what they’re counting on. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh stop it you :blush:
We have 6 members with death knight armor on, and 1 with bunny ears. We get at least 1 seals bundle a week.

And for the freeloader part, I wouldn’t mind being called that. I can’t feel ashamed that I can’t afford to buy in game stuff. Avarage pay in my contry is 250€ a month. We are happy that we eat everyday xD

8 Likes

Lol well it wouldn’t accure to me to call Don a freeloader. He makes videos that also help bring people in and help them play.
There’s a huge difference between people who are arrogant about never spending on a game and having limited funds. Don is an asset to this community and that’s something you can’t buy!

3 Likes

Many thanks! Now I feel said I haven’t got time to make a new video lately :confused:

2 Likes

I’m in his guild, and I call Don a freeloader. He’s only put in 17.2 million gold. Pfft

Compared to my 5 million, what a bum!

6 Likes

What an absolute novice! He CLEARLY needs to do more…!

5 Likes

Only 17mil?? Feh I did that Tuesday. I managed to say that with a straight face for all of 2 seconds
@DonBoba you do them as ya can. You can’t expect more than that.

1 Like

Like some people say : reduce price…
Other day, want buy something for reach new vip lvl and get one old Legendary unit (Soul keeper or something like this).
Then i look the price, almost 50€… And i was thinking… Oh come on!!! I can buy Big piece of meat in nice restaurant, or new game, or present for my wife, or some liter of beer etcetc. And if i spend money here, just get one card some key and some stone…
50€ for some pixel…
My imagination, or that is definitly madness???

5 Likes

After reading your reply I feel like we are opposite in our views with this game. You now spend more and I now don’t spend at all.
I have 5 accounts, two accounts are VIP 11 and one is VIP 6 and the other two are free accounts. Everyone in my family plays this game but we are all playing less now.

You seem to like the direction the devs are taking this game while I feel a little disappointed after every update since guild update. I for one would like to see Guild Raids before Guild Wars :wink:

And the diference is?

In the other online games that I play that has guilds there is a difference.
Guild Wars is competing against other guilds and everyone in the winning guild gets the same reward e.t.c.

Guild Raids you compete against guild mates for rewards against a Raid Boss. It’s an in-house competition so to speak.

Not sure what direction Gems will go in but hoping Raids are part of its future.

3 Likes

Oh Raids, like raid boss. That would be very cool. But Guild wars is still better :slight_smile:

It depends: if Guild Wars means stealing trophies to other guilds, not sure you will be happy to see your guild shrinking in the depth of the leaderboard due to some bullying…

2 Likes

Ouch. Never had i known i was unwanted trash in this game. Maybe they shouldn’t have make this game free to play in the first place.

4 Likes

What about armors that give the additional chance for trait stones like explore at the cost of not having the soul or gold bonus? This could stack with explore.

So I have been following this thread pretty close because I want to see GoW financially succesful for the devs because that means more content for all.

Here is my main take away:

1. The spenders will be spenders regardless. They have cash to burn and will do so on their favorite game which devs hope will be GoW, hence new content.
  2. There are some player who will never spend, so don’t waste time worrying how to get in their wallets.
  3. This is a Free to Play game, and does it better than most (all) others, it is because of this that I and several other “Free” players have chosen to invest in the game to support the devs!
  4. The players that the devs are missing out on are the Micro Transaction Buyers, these are the players that WANT to spend the money but are turned away by the Price Point of current purchases.

Point 4 is the most important, and presumably, largest of the player base to Tap. And I am admittedly a member of that group, despite what my VIP 5 status may have you believe. I will NEVER spend another $ on GoW unless smaller prices are introduced. And I think this can be handled very easily.

How to Fix Purchase Point:
Remove all extra “goodies” from the purchase. The cosmetic bundle is the perfect example, I explained above when a person is considering buying “Bunny Ears” they are not, at that moment, concerned with the OTHER elements of the game. Psychologically speaking, buyers ONLY see the Bunny Ears and a price of $10. Therefore, devs are hurting the chances of buyers making that purchase by adding content elements that do not weigh into their decision to purchase.

Another thing they can do is offer unique items, again at a reasonable price, that once purchased are permanent, like the Dragon Armor, which COULD have been sold without other goodies for say $19.99.

To that end, here are two ideas I just came up with that I would be willing to spend good money on:

1. Prismatic Banner: +1 to all mana matches
  2. Omni-Banner: Customizable Banner that can be set to any combination of +2/+1/-1

I would set either of those as a solo item purchase of $15. And I would probably buy both of them!

4 Likes

I agree with all you points but would also add that there is another market currently untapped (or at least underserved) and that is the mid-to-late game whale. I would count myself in this category: players who have cash to burn (to varying degrees) but are late enough into the game that few, if any, of the packs appeal to them because they’ve already burned through most of the content. Additional items like the two you mentioned would appeal to them but to really get them to reopen their wallets, the game needs additional content (Guild Wars will hopefully be a step towards this) so that they feel like there’s still plenty of game to get their money’s worth out of for any additional purchases they make.

For example, if (and I’m not really suggesting the Devs offer this) the Devs released a Super Deathknight Armor that had 200% bonuses, well that wouldn’t really appeal to the late gamers so much since they don’t need souls or gold or experience right now because they’ve basically maxed all those. If, however, the Devs added a bunch more content, then all of a sudden Super Deathknight Armor has value for late gamers again and they’d be more inclined to open up their wallets and make that purchase. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While i’m waiting for some packages to arrive, I’ve given this some thought. What about GoW socks, shirts, or a banana hammock? It would be great for advertising, especially in beach season.

This is serious.

What do you think @ogunther?

3 Likes