Ideas to help the devs make money!

T-shirts would be easy low risk.
There are Internet T-shirt companies that are as easy as sending them the graphic file while you sit back and wait for your fans to order. Same for coffee mugs.

Not something I would buy but a nice idea.
T-shirts, posters, mugs on demand would be intersting especially with Christmas coming up.
Don’t know if they could do like Google play cards dedicated to GOW as well?

Yes but if the price should scale like the already existing packs (Legendary or traitstones ones), you will have to pay 100$ for one T-shirt… :slight_smile:

I would like some cool looking gear though, I’d buy it as soon as possible.

1 Like

Real card deck would be nice also i would probably buy couple

I would love to see themed based starter packs for the game at $10 single limit purchases. They could add them to something like the DLC page thing that they have.

Pirate’s Booty

• 10,000 Gold
  • 6x Pirates
  • 6x Deck Hands
  • 1x Sharkey
  • 1x Bonnie Rose

Grand Explorers

• 30x Treasure Maps
  • 1x Tyri
  • 1x Lil Johnny

Seeker of Souls

• 1,000 Souls
  • 6x Valkyrie
  • 6x Wight
  • 6x Banshee
  • 1x Avina
5 Likes

In Hearthstone you have different boards with small things to click on it. Someone already mentioned new skins for cards, so new skins for the whole board (background, gems etc…) could be something I’m willing to spend money on.

‘auto skip animations’ , ‘extra animation speed’ or ‘stop kicking off to world map’ option would be probably most bought feature even if it was subscription type

or they could sell some other QoL…

2 Likes

No game should sell QoL. Also why do people keep clamoring for a subscription? I’d drop the game the second they even considered it.

1 Like

i just think its better to have them sold then never ever have them at all (it kinda looks like they never intend to skip or haste those animations) :sob:
althought im f2p and i have no idea would i be even able to ever afford em :cry:

Oh, well if they did add them I’d say you should get them for free :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOL! my bad. I should have been more specific: Basic can play Casual PvP while Premium subscribers can play both Casual and Ranked. I did not go any further than that because the devs would have to weigh all that carefully. Don’t you trust them to do that? They are about to add another 5 VIP levels. What the heck are they going to add for each level? They are most likely to revamp the entire VIP ladder from 1 to 15. Somehow, they’re going to add seals into the mix. Pretty easy to have that and gems alternate awarding extra percentage discounts per level. None of which will do squat to motivate the moochers and freeloaders to spend a little when they can afford to. And for those who have spent a little bit at a time, there is no guarantee that they will be encourage to continue. They are already dropping out mid-game due to a number of existing factors. And you honestly think cosmetic packs will turn that around? Not really; Not in the long run.

Bottom line: Player base is already split.

Still no. No paywall what-so-ever; it’s a horrible idea, and those games tend not to last long. Either the game is a premium game that everyone pays to play or it’s a freemium game where all gameplay elements are open to everyone, which is what it currently is. If that changes, I’m out.

See the issue is that you see players that don’t pay as “moochers and freeloaders”; not only is that insulting to players who don’t pay but it’s completely ass-backwards thinking. Games such as GoW are designed expressly to appeal to both paying and non-paying players because for a game like this to have a healthy ecosystem and longevity; it needs both. Paying players obviously pay the bills (hopefully); they keep the lights on, allow the developer to create new content, and hopefully there’s enough left over that they can pay themselves, too. Non-paying customers carry the energy of the game; they make up the vast majority of the players and without them, the game would be a ghost-town and closure would be right around the corner. Nobody is going to spend money on PvP style game if there’s no one around to play against.

The fact is, only a certain amount of players will ever pay for any game; developers know that. The trade off for F2P games is that if they can build a big enough community of non-paying customers, it has a better chance of not only attracting the paying customers but also keeping them around. It’s a delicate balance and one that can be very hard to get right. So far, in my opinion, GoW is doing way more things right than wrong, at least from a paying players perspective. I don’t know how they are doing financially, but my guess is ok. If they weren’t, I suspect we’d see their publisher pressuring them into trying all kinds of money making schemes.

No, no it is not. The core gameplay is just as accessible to a player who pays as it is to one who doesn’t. Your idea would split the player base and drive away most of the non-paying customers most likely dooming this game to the trash bin. So please, stop insulting the non-paying players and for heaven’s sake, quit trying to run them off. Without them, there aren’t enough of us paying players around to make this game work.

14 Likes

I’m a high VIP level and I must be honest I have not spent a single dollar once the guild update came out. Use to spend $10-$50 every week since February this year.

@Rickygervais I’m in your position as in I feel as if I have spent enough on this game and time for someone else to throw them a bone

1 Like

I think something like subscription method would be good…

Something like $20 and get choice of 1 Card (mythic, or less), and 1 vip key daily for 15 days, limit purchase to 1 per 15 days.

I think this might inspire me to spend a little, but maybe that price is too high for others.

I’ve been playing since the beginning and, if anything, I spend way more since the guild update than I used to. I was close to quitting before that update and I’ve been completely revitalized since. Not that there aren’t issues I wish would get fixed a bit faster or other content that I wish would hurry up and show up (cough Guild Wars cough; am I right @DonBoba?).

So what would get you to open your wallet back up? What’s changed that you no longer feel like spending money on the game? Are you in the 1,000+ level club and there’s just not enough new content? I could definitely understand that (I’m not there yet). :slight_smile:

I waited for GW for 6 months. I’ll survive 3 more. .
But I will 99% quit if we don’t get them in the next big update because that would be 4th delay which would be disgusting.
I haven’t read this tread since I can’t afford to spend money so no matter how good stuff can be bought, I won’t be on that boat.

1 Like

If there was a way to buy individual Arcanes and Runics that would be the main thing to get me to open up my wallet. Sometimes I just need a specific color of trait stone and don’t feel like wasting time in Explore. The traitstone packages offered periodically don’t appeal to me because I’ll have to pay money for the stuff I don’t need at that moment.

2 Likes

I hear you but I’d rather they add a way to combine/deconstruct traitstones rather than sell them for money. At a certain point, the game just becomes a grocery cart waiting for you to take it to the cash register if every aspect of the game can be purchased when needed.

I would love that idea too but I doubt it would ever come to fruition. Perhaps a one-time purchase (like armor) that would give people the ability to breakdown and craft traitstones?

1 Like