Ideas to help the devs make money!

Arcanes are the end game trait stone, and are the same rarity as legendaries. I see them for sale on consoles all the time, 36 for $35. 6 of a color and each combination using that color rotating weekly.

Cost to trait new troops:
Common = 300 glory (1 arcane x 300/1)
Rare = 600 glory (2 arcane x 300/1)
URare = 900 glory (3 arcane x 300/1)
Epic = 2400 glory (12 arcane x 400/2)
Legendary = 4000 glory (16 arcane x 500/2)

We don’t really get Legendary for glory any more (Spooky Imp was only recent one), so in a normal week the most expensive possibility is Epic + Urare for 3300, where more typical is Common + URare = 1200. Between tributes, pvp, and opening gold/glory keys getting 1200 to 3300 glory per week isn’t too bad if you have a good guild and leveled up kingdoms. Which means that you shouldn’t really feel like you are falling behind.

Granted, this doesn’t account for souls or non-arcane stones, but with arcanes being the bottleneck you should be ok.

edit: corrected costs for Rare and Ultras, thanks @CSZ

1 Like

Yeah at level 7-800 I need a lot of them. Mobile doesn’t get them for sale or the weapon packs.

Rares take 2 Arcanes, Ultras take 3 Arcanes.

1 Like

So Pc/Mobile has the Purple Arcanes on Sale this week. Just FYI. And, of course, Merchant Blade!

u inspired me!
i have no idea what the cost but this could sell well even with older players who wants to mythic something up?

themed card set: (example)

• could add a couple of souls in it maybe a few traitstones

Ghulvania Pack:

1x random epic (from Ghulvania) or 2x random ultra rare (from Ghulvania)
2x random rare (from Ghulvania)
3x random common (from Ghulvania)
+1 guaranteed Banshee! (rare)

Stormheim Pack:

1x random epic (from Stormheim) or 2x random ultra rare (from Stormheim)
2x random rare (from Stormheim)
3x random common (from Stormheim)
+1 guaranteed Valkyrie! (rare)

Elf Pack:

1x random epic (elf) AND 1x random ultra rare (elf)!
2x random rare (elf)
3x random common (elf)

not sure how much it would undermine the gacha system but since its still a bit random and price could be set right… i dont see it as p2w since the rarities offered are quite easy to get f2p

1 Like

cheaper price? to me, the price for small in game purchase for gow is expensive compared to what you get. many complete single player non-online games are cheaper at one time buy. i hope my confusing sentence make sense.

however, that is just an opinion from a non-american with a much lower currency exchange rate. which make me either can make enough money to spend on gow but can’t play the game or can’t spend money on gow but can play regularly.

1 Like

I was excited about these when they were announced. But then they did what I feared, they added in resources to increase the purchase point. These Cosmetic Upgrades should be sold SOLO for like $1.99, imho. A person interested in buying bunny ears is not, at THAT moment, concerned with keys, souls, gold, etc. They just want bunny ears. $10 for bunny ears is too much. And that is why the sales are down in my book.

6 Likes

The $25 dollar one lots minors and majors so no even if I could afford it.
The $35 ids what I need but I’m sorry I don’t Have $35!
This has been one of my points. It’s fine if you can lay down that much. GOW is ignoring a huge market of those that only afford small purchases. Micro transactions are not the bane of gaming. They permit people like me, on a fixed income, to make a few purchases and support the game they enjoy. I’m not spending $5 for 1 guild key. The purchase has to have value. I spent $10 in GOW last month as a special purchase but I’ll take my spare change and spend in another game that really gives a valuable sale.

@efh313 I totally agree! Or offer the choice of a pack for $10 or single item for $1.99
GOW is leaving a lot of people out in the dust with their prices. Perhaps at one time big purchases were the only way to get items but those days are gone for the average player and for a reason. 20 small purchases or 1 large? Get both buyers!

2 Likes

Something I’m not quite done formulating but have a new market open at around level 800.
Maybe every so many 100s. Offer a choice of cards for varying prices. 1 card one time only.
Reason being at say 800 gold keys are basically useless. You have the vast majority of the cards at mythic already. Minor and major stones are at a large stockpile. That leaves a handful of glory, gold, souls, and a couple of diamonds to look forward to.
Now theres always that 1 or 2 elusive card everyone else has but you don’t. For me it’s Maw lol. I don’t think I’d use him but would like the card for collection.
The AI chooses 3 or 4 cards your missing and offers a one time sale consistent with your level. At level 1000 mythics are added. Once you choose the Mystery Market disappears until the next milestone level.

2 Likes

For a free game by default, they need to create two kinds of memberships: A basic account and a premium account. Obviously the latter have access to all game content 24/7. For basic players, some of that content will not be available, like PvP. Not to worry of course since Arena would still be available so they can earn trophies. I’m sure the devs can figure out how to wisely go about this.

And if they did, then they would have the liberty to add a simple weekly premium subscription pack. Perhaps, as low as $1.99 for 10 VIPs. Then offer a 4-week ($7.96), 8-week ($15.92), 12-week ($23.88), and 24-week ($47.76) at a certain discount rate which I wouldn’t know what that could be; But, it would be further discounted for multiple users in the same household at checkout, perhaps, at 5% per family member. And if the devs would like to, when they reach a certain VIP level, then they stand to earn more discounts, like maybe another 5% off per family member. Since @Sirrian already stated that more VIP levels will be added, this could be made available to encourage players, especially, with more than one from each household, to keep on playing as well as paying for the great game that it is.

Just my two cents. :sunglasses:

Where is the down vote button?

12 Likes

I haven’t read through all 52 posts so forgive me if this idea has already been said but if they came out with a new armor that kept (or preferably improved upon) the Deathknight armor by adding a +% to seals or, even better, increased the seal cap per week, I’d buy that in a heartbeat to replace my Deathknight armor.

Also, having cosmetic items for guilds would peak my interest (think Guild cosmetic armor). Something that the entire guild could chip in on (or a few guild players could purchase and unlock for the entire guild) that only players in guilds who have purchased it can wear.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry @Smuggler007 but I have to agree with @Strat: I strongly oppose your ideas here. I am currently VIP 7 but have zero interest in 1) splitting the user base (that’s a bad for the health and longevity of the game) or 2) any kind of subscription service require to enjoy parts of the game.

7 Likes

Yep that would defeat the purpose of being f2p. I’d uninstall so fast there’d be scorchmarks on the screen. You already have an essence of this with vip chests.
Guild cosmetics should be for the whole guild. Guilds are teams and nothing would break up a feeling of being a part of the team more then exclusion do to lack of funds. I have asked for cosmetic packs for guild armor before so a definite yes from me.

3 Likes

I should have been more clear in my description because I completely agree. I meant that only players who are in a guild which has unlocked the guild cosmetic items can wear it. Ie. if player A is in a guild that has unlocked the guild cosmetic item, then regardless of if player A has contributed any money towards the item, they still get access to it since their guild has unlocked it. If player A then leaves the guild and goes to a new guild that has not unlocked the item, they lose access to it (until their new guild unlocks it).

On the other hand, players that have spent money to help unlock guild items will always have that money applied to that same Guild Cosmetic Item regardless of whatever guild they are in but they will only have access to wear that item if the guild they are currently in has unlocked it (which their contribution goes towards regardless of what guild they were in when they spent the money). Make sense? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am the only one who is not interested in these cometic? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope; many players aren’t interested in cosmetics but cosmetics is one of the easier things to implement that isn’t seen as Pay-2-Win so it’s relatively safe to implement without fracturing your player base. But the truth is most players don’t spend any money on this game so the fact that most players don’t want cosmetic items doesn’t really matter either. It’s about what items can the devs offer that won’t negatively affect the health of their game but will still appeal to the small number of players who will spend money on the game. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yep. I like the cosmetics but I’m a fan of customization and changes I control. I try to make things easier on my eyes because they are extremely sensitive. So it’s not just about looks for me. If a game hurts my eyes I try different options. I can’t stop the flashing but color change I’ll use if available.
Cosmetic packs are a long term investment that pay off over time. But there has to be varity to appeal to many and collectors. Once you set the basic dimensions the rest is plugging em in.

2 Likes

Merchandise anyone?

I know I would buy it. It’s expensive to make my own and I don’t have enough artistic talent, even with services like Redbubble. Posters/Shirts/Stickers could sell.

I know if they did some original artwork for stuff I would buy in a heartbeat. (Wall poster of Behemoth breathing purple fire or Mab calling down magic lightning would be worth buying for sure)

Please tell me I’m not the only one, this game has an amazing art team and some stuff would be worth buying.

2 Likes