I quite like the new harder game

Really none needed. I have no problem with you and i understand your intention so no worries. I will let you in on a bit of a secret…

*whisper (contrary to what most ppl here would like you to believe, i am not an unreasonable monster) lol

Real talk

3 Likes

2 Likes

I think this is the devs experience as well. They are looking at their experience in Sparkle Ponies, a middling guild, and inferring their experience is true for everyone. That’s precisely how they wouldn’t know Wisp to be a problem, and would then double down on it being balanced. Wisp isn’t a problem at their level. It’s a problem at the true end-game, which is where you have to balance for.

Same goes for the other most obnoxious teams. I’m sure they’re getting lots of wonderful variety while those above them are getting cheesed by Psion and Kraken and Kerby and Wisps.

1 Like

There are already difficulty tweaking (not in PVP) with his UI so why not using it to implement different real difficulties (because stats bonus is meh)?

It seems that devs can tune the RNG (ie cascade/loop) for the AI or the player. So why not adding this to the difficulties and add it to PVP?

• Easy with RNG in favor of the player
  • Normal with RNG in favor of nobody
  • Difficult with RNG in favor of the AI
1 Like

Because way too many ppl would pair easy with 4x speed and that would break the game economy

Not if you reduce the rewards in “Easy” mode.

You would have to reduce the rewards so far that there would be no point in choosing that option thus rendering it pointless. That leaves you with unnecessary coding for options nobody would ever use

Are you a Dragon?

Maybe.
It’s difficult to know the real impact of this “tuning”… Not sure if one player will go notably faster. Win more surely so maybe a income reduction of -20/25% should be enough.

Do the current easy/medium modes in PVP are used or not, I don’t know. But it’s there so I assume that it should be. And so on, in terms of code, I don’t think it should be too difficult to push this “tuning” in the current easy/medium/hard.

And my point was more about improving the gameplay for everyone, rewards could always be tuned according to what happens.

I just try to find a solution to satisfy the whole playerbase and not only one part of it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Admirable albeit futile im afraid brudda

I’m curious about this one myself. I haven’t seen anyone “attack” the OP. Most people shared their opinion pro or con the update civilly.

Not having an echo chamber isn’t an attack.

3 Likes

@Ashasekayi i did address my statement

If further clarification is needed feel free to PM me😎

Sure some people want more challenge. I suspect they’re the minority. I see this as a collection / casual game, not a deep hard strategy game.

It’d be interesting to see the devs poll the 97% of the player base that don’t visit this forum and see what people really value…

2 Likes

If so, devs have to make a clear statement to where the game is going. We are still not sure if the huge mana income is intentional/unintentional, for example.
@Saltypatra?

2 Likes

I’m 90% sure someone said there are tests going on for the next update, removing the change of 4-gem matches to surge (While 5+ would always surge, as they do today).

We had this on PC/Mobile before 3.0 and took the surging version from console players when moving onto unity. They have been trying some tests on reverting it back, I believe.

1 Like

I really hope that’s not the case @peterix
I like my mana surge on match 4’s. Its all I have ever known.

@Saltypatra is this true?? I have not heard a single Console player mention it. I take it they don’t know about it and this change is flying under the radar.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

I don’t feel it’s harder, it’s just more akin to gambling a slot machine now where they’ve increased the chances of losing and made the prize more special as you seem to either win spectacularly in a gem cascade or the AI does.

I think increasing the RNG bias appeals to some people who perhaps enjoy RNG more than skill and strategy but I suppose it’s what you define as skill and strategy as I think that’s where the difference of opinion comes from.

Some people have posted that this has become more about not letting the AI get a turn if you want to win which I think turns this game more into the classic match 3 single player game than this RPG two player game which is the part I most like. My favourite battles have often been the longest ones.

I personally think they need to add a challenge mode which is much harder like a survival mode with weekly leader boards which should satisfy those looking for a harder challenge but who knows what the devs have up their sleeves as they are very quiet at the moment which is concerning.

1 Like

How can you say the cascades are the same for AI than players? That’s just dumb.

It’s artificial and pure RNG or “wish” that the AI lets you win. If you need to lose a game, you will lose it regarless of your setup or moves. Simple as that. And that sucks so bad.