I finally finished my Soul grind!

Congrats @KrudlerTheHorse !

I can’t wait to be done with grinding souls. It’s just so tedious. :disappointed:

2 Likes

@KrudlerTheHorse

Congratulations that’s a real milestone! I’m close myself, we have a 2 more Kingdoms to catch up with PC on the console side that should be released “soon”.

I have not done the math with each unreleased troop, but I only have a little over 100k Souls saved up for the update… so we will see? (I don’t think its enough).

Anyhow, nice job getting off the treadmill.

1 Like

Hehe thanks friend!

I’m off the Soul treadmill, and on the Traitstone treadmill now!

Still good exercise and fun :wink: :smiley:

Using that as a base, I’m trying out:

Green Seer
Rowanne
Siren
Soothsayer

You get +1 Magic, life, and Armor from troop bonuses. Soothsayer gives you directed mana gain so if Seer is a few shy you can target it for some purple/yellow to make green, or if Rowanne is close fill that directly. Siren is nice for damage as well as mana, but it is random on if you actually get any or leave a loaded board, that is why I like one of each.

Can someone explain “traitstone farming” to me? I understand you are trying to get traitstones, but you get them anyway and they are always random unless you explore, in which case they are still random but a little less so.

So what difference can a specific team have?

No difference really. Some people try to use some soul generating troops (+necromancy maybe) while “traitstones farming” in explore, to get some souls on the side too. Apart from that it’s just about the clearing speed of an explore game, and it seems everyone has different personal preference as to what is “fastest” - that’s about it.

“Farming Traitstones” means going after Arcane Traitstones in Explore mode (which is quite a bit less random than all other modes except Challenges, and has a significantly higher payout than Challenges do). Since the opposing teams in Explore mode are nowhere near as viable as PvP opponents (troops are never ascended, don’t benefit from Kingdom bonuses, and may not even be traited, let alone possess any synergy with one another), a “farming team” is typically designed around burst kills (as few moves as possible) with less regard to sustained damage, board control, or survivability, all of which factor into teams at PvP endgame.

3 Likes

Got it. Thank you.