I conducted a scientific study on the state of current endgame meta

No, I wasn’t referring to you. I honestly don’t recall you complaining about Manticore previously…

Well I hate to be a buzzkill but complaining that there’s too many Manticores in PVP defense teams while using Manticore on your defense team is the definition of hypocritical.

Rather than show personal restraint you’d rather beg the developers to neuter the troop because you don’t have the self-control not to use it.

By the way, if you are truly getting more wins on defense, then that’s cool.

Several others earlier in this thread, including the OP, contended that it wasn’t about wins and losses. The mana drain mechanic slows the game down and makes it boring/annoying.

By their own reasoning, the only use for Manticore in their own defense teams would be to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

That’s your opinion. :slight_smile:

In my opinion it mererly illustrates that Manticore is actually OP.
A team powered by 2 Manticores (and 2 other not fully traited troops) wins more defense battles than a fully traited team of 3 Legendaries and one Epic (and it’s not a weak team either (Maw, Mercy, IK Sheggra is one of the strongest teams still (even now that Maws 3rd trait is fixed). And this is under AI control (so not really easy to take advantage of for the human player).

And personal restraint? I’ve never really had any, so it’s kind of illogical to hope for any to start asserting itself now… :smiley:

2 Likes

We’ve become so accustomed to the simplistic AI that a team that still isn’t winning at a 50% clip is “overpowered”. :dizzy_face: :grin:

1 Like

Sirrian himself said they look at troop usage as a criterion for nerfing. Darkness and I are doing our part to increase the likelihood of nerfing.

In addition to that, I (and I assume Darkness) play ranked battles for the increased resources granted by a top tier finish. No manticore means you’re a soft target, and defense defeats can be the difference between a 10x arcane rank and a much worse one.

Honor is for my guildmates. My opponents grant me no quarter, and they shall receive none from me.

2 Likes

To prove a point, and slow them down. My defense team is going to lose the vast majority of fights anyway, but more minutes spent fighting my team is more minutes they’re not making points off someone else’s team, potentially jumping me in the rankings.

I’m not pretending to have the moral high ground.

3 Likes

Now that logic does make sense. Or it would if we didnt’ already know that a lot of people are skipping Manticore matches to speed things up.

And that means 3-8 points I’m not losing off my total.

Does winning 4 out of 10 defenses (versus 2 out of 10) really make that much difference for someone that is fighting for top 10?

The #3 person right now only has 2 defense wins out of 49 attempts. He’s 265-1 on invades. The top 2 both have well over 400 invades.

It seems to me ranking is solely based on time spent invading.

Min-maxers will min-max. Ranking is decided by time spent invading, but that won’t prevent people from squeezing blood from stones.

That’s kind of my point, just FYI.

Which would make optimal defense strategy reducing the point value of time spent invading as much as possible, which manticore seems best at.

I understand your argument; I just don’t think there’s any room for nobility in a zero-sum competition for resources with such dramatic variations in prizes between ranks.

2 Likes

Also, arguing to change the troop aims to put everyone at the same common ground, it wouldn’t be an uphill battle only for the noble player that will end up with less rewards and less fun while facing something that is unbalanced.

Speak for yourself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m not ending up with less resources or less fun. The game is better now than it has ever been, IMO.

1 Like

he is overpowered for his rarity level, if it was a legendary i would understand. and yeah i think drain units shouldN’T have so cheap mana cost