How was your first day of Guild Wars? Are you a šŸ’« Golden God šŸ’«?

Wonder how many will get perfect points for whole first week.
In MM only @efh313 and I are still at max points.

1 Like

Nothing makes one feel alive
So much as striving to survive.
Guild Wars pushes me to thrive!
Who else is 5 for 5 for 5?

:dizzy: Golden Gods :dizzy:

9 Likes

Another perfect run today. Green has a lot of good options to build around. :slight_smile:

I actually had my worst day todayā€¦ only had 2 wins, and lost 3 to boring meta teams. However, I did come close in all three losses, and I think my down fall was trying to be a bit TOO clever and trying to use some lesser known troops. I should have stuck with Krsytenax, Kraken and Giant Spider type decks.

3 Likes

5 :dizzy: golden days, 1 day deathmakmurdered :stuck_out_tongue:

Golden god day 6.
Whole week perfect score.
Max score for our guild on individual level was 40760 points.

2 Likes

If youā€™ve read thus far you know the tale
Of efhā€™s :dizzy: Golden :dizzy: trail.
But on the sixth day, did he fail?
Or did his armies, yet, prevail?

5 more battles he did win!
But hold! Thereā€™s more this bard must spinā€¦

Though Paragons to him concede
The sixth day Herald made him bleed.

He charged in strong! ā€œMy troops shall last!ā€
But Deathknightā€™s Curse and Devours cast.

So in the end? Just one of four.
Rest @Ivar. Iā€™ll see myself to the doorā€¦

:door:

15 Likes

I found this to be the hardest color to build a decent team with.

2 Likes

Really? Well, letā€™s fix that then. :slight_smile:

If you have almost all troops of Maugrim Woods you have plenty options. Letā€™s start with a core strategy from this kingdom.

Dire wolf with Agile, Entangling enemies (maybe taking an extra turn) with his spell and receiving barrier from Forest Guardian or double life and attack from Fenrir is brutal. If you donā€™t have Wulgarok yet, wich is very understandable, he could be exchanged by Spirit Fox to keep the Kingdom bonus and to have some answer to enemyā€™s spells, but the little fox and Forest Guardian doesnā€™t work perfectly well together as the spells interferes with each otherā€™s manaā€¦ Or we could just use Minogor that is a nice combo with Fenrirā€™s spell. Aurai could be interesting too, targetable damage and a chance to triple it, but iā€™m afraid that Leaf Storm is not very reliable to everyoneā€™s taste. In the overall try to charge Forest Guardian first as he is more suitable to fill the board with green gems in order to help Dire Wolf at getting an extra turn after itā€™s spell and maybe match skulls for quick kills.

I didnā€™t included in the picture all troops you can use that are Green and Beats such as Giant Spider because her usage generating Purple would be mostly tied to feed Wulfgarokā€™s mana, but also providing purple gems around skulls to obliterate enemies with Forest Guardianā€™s spell.

- But what if i face a fully traited Death Knight upfront?

You can still minimize your risks building green teams that can take enemies from below. Kraken and Giant Spider have eight limbs so of course they are the best friends and help each other. :wink:
You can surely plan some strategy from this point.

Also as Deathmark is about to be changed to give us a small windown of safety donā€™t forget Mercy in some other builds. :v:

3 Likes

I ended up using Gloom Leaf / Giant Spider / Forest Guardian / Kraken. It worked pretty well but was my worst showing of the week (lost a troop in battles 2 & 4).

1 Like

Then i suggest you just change Gloom Leaf for Direwolf and test it out.

2 Likes

Hey @efh313! Wait for me, letā€™s go on an adventure together! I got an unlucky skull drop favorable to my team and the battle ended before i could summon a troopā€¦ :sweat_smile:

3 Likes