How often are YOU running into the "super lucky" opponents?

2 Likes

Sigh give me a break lyra those are old posts. I know you charge in and challange anyone who sees the difference but give me a break.
I refuse to argue with you. As my old sainted mother says it is what it is

Old? They’re at most a couple months old, and in the case of @Andrew 's post, 4 days old. How new do you want these to be? In that same thread (Krudler’s) I mentioned that the app binaries haven’t changed since January.

Not trying to gang up on you here, @lyndale but two of the posts that @Lyya posted are from this month. So, despite your desire to not answer my question, you’re implying that the Devs are either lying or incompetent. Personally, I don’t see them being either at least not for something as fundamental as game AI. :wink:

Ultimately I will say that it doesn’t matter if the AI has changed or not; what really matters is player perception and if most players feel like the AI is cheating or extra lucky, then that needs to be addressed by the devs. Luckily, it seems like @Sirrian feels the same way so I’m sure the devs watch for this and will adjust the AI or give players other modes if it this feeling spreads to a significant part of the player base.

1 Like

Player perception can be very condescending. It stops being player perception when its being precieved by many. This isn’t the only place players talk about the game. Nor is this forum definitive. I can’t help you if you won’t open your eyes and see.
Gang up all you wish it change what is.
Look for the modifiers

1 Like

Stand back, there’s forum super heroes coming through.

@ogunther is right. Either you believe the developers are capable and honest, or you do not. If you do, then the evidence presented should suffice. If you do not, then the question would be, what are you looking for? An “okay, we admit it, we’ve been lying to you this whole time” sort of affirmation?

1 Like

Carry on Lyra girl! I wouldn’t expect less from you.

You haven’t addressed my question, nor commented on @ogunther 's.

1 Like

I don’t understand where this animosity is coming from? I expect it from a troll like Mgla whose only purpose is to whine and draw attention to himself but I know that’s not what you’re doing or what your goal is. Help me understand (really). Is there a third option I’m not thinking of?

When the console AI was upgraded, they came right out and said so, with some explanation of how it changed. I think they would do the same if/when the PC AI is upgraded.

That said, there is a possibility that something else has changed within the game (maybe troop balance or meta-related) that makes it feel like it is playing differently. On console, the power growth of the guild guardians is something like that for me. I don’t see any obvious candidates on the PC/mobile side that would explain the change in feel aside from an actual AI change, but there certainly are more people talking about it.

1 Like

Agree with all that but in reference to:

there are also lots more people playing GoW so there will be a lot more people voicing their opinions on all aspects of the game. That uptick doesn’t automatically mean there is something wrong, there are just more players around to notice something that seems wrong. Of course it doesn’t automatically mean there isn’t something wrong, too.

I just wanted to point out that it’s sad if you are forced into this play style.

I feel like I am forced so I can’t experience any teams that do not utilize exploders or transformers

Why do you feel forced? I enjoy exploder teams when I’m tired and don’t want to do a lot of thinking but there are many other viable teams that don’t rely soley on exploders or transformers.

Don’t want to start a fight with anyone on here but yep theres a but.
We were also told on console ages ago that VIP chest was not bugged but that proved to be a croc-of-shit. Gremlins they say lmao

1 Like

That’s true, but some of the particular people speaking out about it are long-time players who have developed a ‘feel’ for the AI over months or years. @KrudlerTheHorse’s freakout this week is foremost in my mind, but I’ve also seen @death (who plays a lot on both platforms and sees the differences in the two AI’s) comment on how he has seen the PC/Mobile AI making some “console-like” moves over the last few months. These are people who have been around for a long time and their change of tune doesn’t have anything to do with the growth in the player-base.

1 Like

Oh sure, there were other times when things didn’t work the way they thought they did, too. For example, Talia proved that the AI was prioritizing mana for dead troops after the console devs, at the time, said that wasn’t happening. It’s entirely possible that in a game this complex, something is going on behind the scenes that no one really understands.

2 Likes

True but those few vocal veterans wouldn’t feel like a big change by themselves; it’s the newer players echoing their sentiments that gives the feeling of volume. Again, I’m not saying they’re wrong, I just haven’t seen any proof that they’re right (and have seen nothing in my own play indicative of a change).

1 Like

This ^ and if I’m not mistaken, the devs have even said as much. I’m not arguing with anyone that there isn’t something going on behind the scenes that may only be noticeable to a vocal minority but I am saying that those people saying the devs are doing something sinister and lying about it are way, way, way off-base. The devs are some of the most generous of any F2P game I’ve ever played so if they wanted to do some kind of resource or cash grab, they could easily do it out in the open and GoW would still be a better game than 99% of the F2P junk out there.

3 Likes