How many people would buy Path to Glory 2 if it were guaranteed to give you a NEW mythic?

Actually when you say “New mythic” I assumed you meant THE new mythic.
As in every month there is a new mythic.

You mean new-to-you.

I’m not being obtuse, I was literally about to vote “No” because it’s so easy for me to get THE new mythic with VIP chests.

But, if it would allow me to pick up my missing Imps or whatever, the answer is Yes.

2 Likes

But let me also say that most Mythics have self-synergy.

Getting multiple copies of (some) Mythics is pretty great.

Interesting… I read it as in “NEW” to the player, As in I personally don’t have it in my collection. I did not read “new” to mean “latest” Mythic. I wonder if others thought the same as you initially?

3 Likes

Yes, I saw the same, yet it is not better than some of the legendary cards, so I do not care about that one. However; since there are not many mythic cards, people could buy all of them far too easy if there is no random effect.
Yes, the randomness prevents people from buying the package, but on the other hand, people who just rely on ingame chests have better chances to get strong cards in time as well. If I could buy mythics that I do not own (I expressed it wrongly with ‘specific’), then it would speed up the process for buying customers in a way that “free” players cannot match their “apocalypse team” of four traited overpowered mythics under a very loooong time. After about 750 hours of gameplay I still lack legendary Korvash for instance, and that is just a legendary card. I think suggested buying option (always a new mythic) would unbalance the game with a clear advantage for the one who pays. If they would at the same time raise (drastically) the chances to get mythics through ingame chests then I would support it. I’m from Scandinavia, so my English could be a little faulty. I hope you understand now what I mean.

Paying customers already have an inherent advantage - VIP chests have 10x the chance of giving a Mythic than gem chests and they’re only available to people have spent real dollars.

VIP 15. Haven’t pulled a mythic out of a VIP chest in over 3 months.

3 Likes

Well @RiverSong… Here’s to hoping your luck will change​:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

VIP 15… Elemaugrim, Stonehammer, Plague and Draakulis in the last 45 days. All from VIP chests.

1 Like

Congratulations. Your luck is infinitely better than mine. :wink:

Regardless of the validity, or lack there of, in the argument being made, you have not even correctly asserted your claim or the data. you are using the value of things bought instantaneously as your basis for cost equivalency. However, you can see in every aspect of the game that the greater cost efficiency is found when purchasing something that distributes your reward over a period of time. The actual most efficient cost for gems is 45 for $1. Therefore, even using your flawed logic and analysis, the “cost” to purchase the 100 VIP chests is actually $100. Now if we take it a step further and complete this horrible evaluation of mythic worth:

Purchased gold at highest efficiency is valued out 30,000 gold per $1
100 VIP chests grant 200,000 gold. Divide that by 30k: $6.67
Instant purchase arcane traitstones (i would prefer to use the over time value but don’t want to spend the time) : 1 stone for $1.03
100 VIP chests grant 200 arcane or celestial stones: $205.71

Now I haven’t even gotten into the troops that you get from each chest and we are already sitting at a value that is more than twice what the cost would be using your absurd evaluation.

Edit 1: sorry I meant to end by saying that if i complete your assessment that value of a mythic card in the eyes of the devs is actually more akin to a negative $100+

I didn’t read this whole thread but this option already exists, its called the soulforge and its free!

Well, since diamonds can be bought for $4.99 every Sunday… a sad 150 diamonds, or 1,500 if bought for 10 weeks for $49.99. It should scale better to the 4,000 diamonds price tag IMO.

You can get a free soulforge mythic every 10 weeks without spending a cent. Less than that actually iirc. The fact it’s a mythic of choice is why it will never be equal dollarwise to a path to glory pack. Spending money on the forge is a waste Imo. It only shaves a small amount of time off your next mythic for a quite hefty fee.