How many people would buy Path to Glory 2 if it were guaranteed to give you a NEW mythic?

I bought 3 for sons accounts. We went 0-3. Never again will we purchase this RNG pack. I don’t mind throwing the devs a bone but the pack needs to change ASAP.

1 Like

As it is right now I would never buy the path to glory pack.

Why? I’m missing a good chunk of mythics. However, I feel like I am cursed and I have this sinking suspicion that I would certainly get a duplicate. $50 is not worth it for a random mythic and a bunch of traitstones that I could just farm.

If it was guaranteed to be one I don’t have then I would most likely buy it for a Christmas gift or every once in awhile (however I decide my hours to money ratio) and then maybe I could eventually get gards or famine or even aby.

That way if I could somewhat target with real money I’d feel like it would be money well spent. $50 is a lot of money to ask monthly. A crazy absurd amount honestly. It should have a good value.

In comparison I could subscribe to an MMO for 10-15 a month and get a huge game that’s more than matching gems. Not $50 for a single mythic card that may be rendered useless with “balancing”

As an aside, I really really want Gards avatar or famine but I don’t think I’ll ever get em :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve edited the thread title and OP accordingly to make it more clear.

1 Like

Obviously the poll isn’t scientific and these numbers probably aren’t significant in the grand scheme of things, but just breaking the numbers down.

Approximately 50 people said that would buy - that’s $2500 US
Of those 50 people (assuming all of the yes voted on both polls), an additional 25 (rounded) said they would buy two - that’s another $1250.

So that’s $7250 pledged revenue.

And if you add in the “maybe’s” there’s a potential for another $2500 or so.

That’s over $10K USD.

1 Like

please add one more poll:
if Path to Glory 2 would give rando mythic (as it is right now) would you still buy it?
yes/no/maybe

that would show how much of an actual improvement it woud be

2 Likes

For those of you that would like to see this change, how critical is it? If Path to Glory 2 were to stay the way it is (giving a random Mythic and trait stones) indefinitely, would you still be inclined to buy it?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

A tough thing with this poll is how many of us in this forum are in the endgame.

Path of Glory II is great when you are hitting the middle game. The traitstones go right to use. Normal mid-game players will probably need 50%+ of the Mythic Troops, so their chances are pretty good to get one they don’t have.

So, while I really wish it would award a Mythic you don’t have, it may never see the change.

(Note: I also recently traited all my troops, which makes PoGII far less exciting with the ability to get a duplicate mythic.)

This poll is actually targeted towards end-gamers. Several of us would buy PTG2 solely for the Mythic, provided it wouldn’t be a dupe.

1 Like

If you could get specific Mythics by spending real money, yet chances to get Mythic cards for the non-paying player are not raised so they drop like orange ones, then the game would become pay-to-win and I would leave it for sure. I have set a yearly budget of 30$ per active game year, which I spend solemly because I want to support real free-to-play games like this one (or like Tera or Path of Exile for instance). In all of these games I invested real money, since they are not the greedy type! That some people spend too much money is a problem of respective persons. They surely have this problem in other areas as well.

What I would love to see is a friend/family link… let’s say one per account. And that you can then buy something in the store, and both linked account get it.

My wife and I love to play games together, and we are having a ton of fun in gems of war.
And I would actually think about buying, for example, the 50$ armor, if I could buy it for the both of us at once.

That would be sweet…

1 Like

when, to a low level, i suggested to buy a package with random mythic - i got a reply that they dont want it cos its random meaning most probably will not help them at all, plus they want to know what they are paying for - that player did some other purchases instead, i think armor and a pack with legendary instead of mythic…
(i dont really remmember what exactly they said but it was a clear no and it was not too expensive for them)

i mean it was surprising to me but it seems early on that random mythic is not really as wanted as late gamers would think it is

You can already buy a random Mythic for $50. We’re not asking to be able to target a specific Mythic. We’re asking for it not to give us one we already have. Big difference!

1 Like

As a new’ish player, I might be able to speak to this, although I’m probably restating the obvious. I started playing mid October, and decided to purchase a Path to Glory mid-February, and the card had absolutely nothing to do with it. As has been discussed on here many times, some legendaries are seemingly over-powered while some mythics are under-whelming. When I looked at the catalog of mythics, there were only 2 that I “wanted” (Famine due to being the strongest mythic by a lot, and Pharos-Ra for soul farming). Most of the other mythics would have been “useful” and I could create teams with them, but they wouldn’t necessarily be significantly better than other teams I could field with non-mythic troops, they would just be “different”. And with only 8 or 9 mythics available at the time, my odds of getting one of those was pretty low. So the deciding factor for me was the traitstones, since I was at that sweet spot where I had played long enough to have lots of good cards that needed traitstones, but too early to have a big stockpile or a lot of glory. My feeling is that the card is more of a novelty or bonus for the pack, and not necessarily the driving factor. Which is a good thing, since I ended up getting Draakulis, so if I bought it for the mythic I would have been a bit bothered…

TLDR / Summary:
Basically, the majority of mythics are more valuable as collectibles and to “complete the set” rather than to actually play with, which means the target market is really late game players (or deep-pocketed impatient newbies :slight_smile: ). For newer players, the draw is the stones.

4 Likes

Actually when you say “New mythic” I assumed you meant THE new mythic.
As in every month there is a new mythic.

You mean new-to-you.

I’m not being obtuse, I was literally about to vote “No” because it’s so easy for me to get THE new mythic with VIP chests.

But, if it would allow me to pick up my missing Imps or whatever, the answer is Yes.

2 Likes

But let me also say that most Mythics have self-synergy.

Getting multiple copies of (some) Mythics is pretty great.

Interesting… I read it as in “NEW” to the player, As in I personally don’t have it in my collection. I did not read “new” to mean “latest” Mythic. I wonder if others thought the same as you initially?

3 Likes

Yes, I saw the same, yet it is not better than some of the legendary cards, so I do not care about that one. However; since there are not many mythic cards, people could buy all of them far too easy if there is no random effect.
Yes, the randomness prevents people from buying the package, but on the other hand, people who just rely on ingame chests have better chances to get strong cards in time as well. If I could buy mythics that I do not own (I expressed it wrongly with ‘specific’), then it would speed up the process for buying customers in a way that “free” players cannot match their “apocalypse team” of four traited overpowered mythics under a very loooong time. After about 750 hours of gameplay I still lack legendary Korvash for instance, and that is just a legendary card. I think suggested buying option (always a new mythic) would unbalance the game with a clear advantage for the one who pays. If they would at the same time raise (drastically) the chances to get mythics through ingame chests then I would support it. I’m from Scandinavia, so my English could be a little faulty. I hope you understand now what I mean.

Paying customers already have an inherent advantage - VIP chests have 10x the chance of giving a Mythic than gem chests and they’re only available to people have spent real dollars.

VIP 15. Haven’t pulled a mythic out of a VIP chest in over 3 months.

3 Likes

Well @RiverSong… Here’s to hoping your luck will change​:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: