How Did You Find Gems Of War?

Ran across a mention of it in the following article:

I’ve since gotten 6 other people into the game. Mostly family.

1 Like

Word of Mouth seemed more accurate than Youtube or following over from Puzzle Quest. The answer is sort of all three. I first heard about it in an Achievement Hunter video, Geoff has a problem, but it wasn’t a GoW or gameplay video. I’d put a lot of time into Puzzle Quest on the DS so when I found out it was the same people I decided to look into it myself. That was about a year ago now…

1 Like

I’m so excited to see how many people followed over from Puzzle Quest. I did things a little backwards, only starting to play Puzzle Quest now.

3 Likes

I read a review of the game on Melbourne’s The Age newspaper.

2 Likes

@Saltypatra you should be able to work out mine from my title :smiley:

1 Like

I was looking for gem games on steam and this free to play game came up. So I thought I will give it a try. To be honest at first I was not impressed at all. I left it for a few days, got bored and thought I will try it again. That time I got totally hooked. I think it was pvp that won me over! I just loved it! Found the quests and challenges a bit boring.

1 Like

First I heard from a family member. Then I found Tacet The Terror’s stream then it was over ADDICTION. I wanted my troops to be exactly like his

1 Like

I downloaded it on PS4 from the free games section first and then decided to download the mobile version to keep me occupied at work during quiet times :zipper_mouth_face::sweat_smile:. Stopped playing the PS4 version as mobile had more updates.

1 Like

I first noticed GoW the week it come out on Xbox. And thought, hey that looks awful similar to Puzzle Quest a game I reply enjoyed. I think what kept me to keep playing was:

1. A FTP that can actually be free if you choose. (I chose to contribute to VIP5, but not right away)
  2. The new weekly content.
  3. Developer interaction to address ‘concerns’.
  4. Attempts have always been made to add new features, and balance the game.

@Saltypatra I mentioned it a long time ago but getting Gems into the “Deals with Gold” on the main dashboard with a special offer does wonders for increasing the playerbase. Over a year ago (or more) it was featured on X1 with a special download and the Xbox servers failed 2-3x that same week because of the influx of new players hitting the maximum connection cap that had to keep being raised each time.

1 Like

Wasn’t Puzzle Quest 3 = Puzzle Quest Galactrix?

Followed a bunch of people with whom I had played another game that shut down. I’ve outlasted most of them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had played earlier titles like Puzzle Quest on xbox 360 and loved it. When I saw this on the PS4 store as a free download I jumped on it but I didn’t know it was the same developer until I played the first match and saw the skulls. My wife walked into the room about 6 hours later to see when I was going to let her play Destiny and she let out an awful groan, “OMG, tell me they didn’t put that @#$% game on the PS”. DING DING, We have a winner. So after I decided I liked it, really really liked it in a warm fuzzy way the…anyway. I downloaded off steam to play while she had the PS4 and saw all the extras and only open the app up daily on the PS4 for about a week to get my rewards but not again since.

I might have burned out a little from time to time but thanks to the love and absolute dedication my guild mates in Intrim I plan on sticking around until GOW 10.0 or we pass Anonymous for first, and at 2k-4k trophies a week 10.0 might be 1st!

1 Like

I went looking on the Playstation store to see if there was any F2P games me and the missus could play and stumbled across gems of war. This has resulted in her having it on her tablet as well as two friends I know now having it on both tablet and PS4 due to my recommendation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was browsing throught Steam games and GoW reminded me puzzle quest so I tried it.
Guess this was a nice find as This is the only game I stayed with for so long.

2 Likes

It was a freebie on PS4, tried it, loved it, still playing every day :grin:

2 Likes

Gizmo was on Steam and searched free to play games and this game looked fun. This is how you guys got Gizmo in this wonderful world of Gow or Gizmotopia depending on who you are.

3 Likes

I saw it on steam. Was looking for maych gem games. And found this was rexommened later was surprised to see it was by the same makers as puzzle quest.

1 Like

I saw friends taking pictures of Gems of War, though I did not think to play it until I thought it might be a fun game to get all the achievements for.

2308 hours later, I’m level 1107 when I meant to stop at 100.

1 Like

I actually found it on Steam a few weeks before PAX AUS 2015, but meeting Sirrian and Nimhain at PAX and fond memories of Warlords and PQ certainly didn’t hurt my desire to stick around. :slight_smile:

Hopefully, we’ll see @Saltypatra and the crew at PAX later this year, eh @Shimrra? :smiley:

2 Likes

Well I will most certainly be there all weekend! I’ll post about what cosplays I’ll be wearing ahead of time so I’m easy to find.

3 Likes