Help! Severe bug on this week's Events!

The latest update for Android appears to have messed up Explore Mode.

Previously I’d go into Explore mode in Mist of Scales, Scout to see if there’s any Naga and, if not, exit out and go back in until I find some.

Now it keeps showing the same battle until I fight it, which is a waste of time if there’s no Naga.

Given there’s a lot of Explore battles in MoS that don’t involve Naga it means there’s no point in trying to advance any further in that Event because it takes too long to kill enough to make it worthwhile.

Is this a deliberate choice by the Designers or a bug?

The method of jumping into the difficulty screen and jumping out then doing the explore is still working for me, so you could try that

1 Like

I don’t get it, with any decent explore team the time it would take to go into the difficulty screen and back out again is more then it would take to just do the explore, plus, with the explore you get gold, souls and a traitstone. Are there this many people in game who have crappy explore teams?

Difficulty shuffling takes about 15 seconds, while an explore with a maxed elspeth/bombot/manacles/brown setup takes an average of about 40 (accounting for loading screens and minor hiccups). Even that gap of time is quite significant, but with less efficient teams, it would be a huge chasm. Those that do explore normally at a total casual pace, perhaps at a higher difficulty (say, 2-3 mins/battle) but actually want to be able to complete the event might menu shuffle a bit so they can actually get the rewards. Those that don’t explore normally are more likely to use this because they don’t actually want to be stuck doing explores but the reward is too valuable to pass up if you are attempting to five star the kingdom (3 copies of Tezca is worth roughly 120 event keys worth this week, on average, or an average of over 6k glory keys worth afterward). Therefore, they will follow the path of least resistance. The problem, in this case, is that the path of least resistance leads to menu shuffling, which isn’t fun or interesting.

2 Likes

I would like to put my two cents in if i may…

I am no game designer, i don’t know how to write code, and i am generally considered to be in the bronze age when it comes to understanding technology.

However i do know a few things…

1. Any time you are creating a computer program bugs are unavoidable. Same applies to updating said program.

2. Patience is a virtue.

3. GoW is by far the BEST F2P i have ever played!

Now, i understand that it can be frustrating when you are putting time in towards a goal and a bug hinders your progress and i sympathize with you.

But, it has been my experience in the year or so i have been playing GoW that the devs work very hard to GIVE us a fantastic and fun game and they are very responsive to requests and community feedback.

They also are very good about fixing problems and making things right.

So, what i am trying to say is, i don’t think its fair to be upset and demand compensation for a few lost traitstones and/or snotstones. If the dev team feels its appropriate to give a little something then cool but if not, that should be cool too.

Tl;Dr GoW is awesome devs are awesome chill on the demands for compensation

3 Likes

@warcin Thanks for that, I was having to do a PvP battle in between explores which worked to refresh the Explore, but took up extra time which was a nuisance.

1 Like

@Clark Perhaps not everyone has been playing as long as you. Perhaps they haven’t got all the troops and traitstones and souls you used to make your “decent explore team” so have to do they best they can with their “crappy” team…