Hello Darkness, My Old Friend

Warg is a Daemon that scales off Magic, and gains souls to help with Void Portal’s other effect.

That’s fine I’m in no rush.

awww boo

guess i got a couple extra then.

Okay - Path to Glory should be fixed now… it seems everything was kinda linked to the bad store-data we rushed out to fix the Void Portal pack…

If you logged in between 7:03am GMT and 7:12am GMT with a Path to Glory pack, you got affected and should contact support.

To explain further, for anyone interested: When we do a quick hotfix like above, we have a couple of manual steps that we perform to move the files onto the server as quickly as possible… they are BOTH a potential point-of-failure, and fail they DID! A file from October managed to get out onto the live servers, and caused some minor chaos for approximately 9 minutes, before we fixed it. It caused many store items to disappear and the Path to Glory packs to stop working.

6 Likes

Plenty of demons scale off of magic, the problem is that the scaling is usually weak, especially considering we’re talking about just 2 points of magic. Warg would do an extra 2 damage after you spend 12 mana casting the portal- that’s really bad. Webspinner and Terraxis at least do an extra 2 damage to everything. Marilith destroying extra gems isn’t too bad either.

1 Like

Agreed, terraxis and webspinner are the main beneficiaries from magic gain. Which is a shame because webspinner has terrible synergy with other daemons (especially void portal) and terraxis overlaps colours.

Also, remember that hero can count as a daemon using the sorcerer class. Black manacles, for example, would work well.

Void portal could also be good in a black beast team, maybe with valk.

However for my money humility is the MVP for magic gain.

Edit:

Also the new Enchanted status effect will blow Void Portal into obsolescence

1 Like

Welp sent my D Team up with all Daemons…you’re welcome :wink:

2 Likes

quasits i think will be annoying :slight_smile: :imp:

Just curious, but is it supposed to be Void Portal or Abyssal Portal? Cuz that threw me off opening event chests and expecting Void, but the glory pack days Abyssal so …? (No biggie, just wondering.)

You mean the news poster? It was wrong last event too, said Ursine Warrior instead of Urska Wanderer. They probably changed the troop name at some point before release, and forgot to change it in some places.

BTW, Abyssal Portal is actually the name of Kruarg’s spell.

2 Likes

Yeah - the news post and all the back and forth here has said Void, so I caught the confused :slight_smile:

I just claimed the 50 event gems that is supposed to be 1250 souls but my souls didn’t increase.

Originally the troop was called the Abyssal Portal, but once we realized that it shared that with Kruarg’s spell, we decided to change it to Void Portal. Inevitably with last minute name changes, there would be one or places we missed correcting it.

6 Likes

Has anyone seen Void Portal correctly summon on Defense?

I had the AI cast Banshee, so it would have had 16 souls. Then cast Void Portal. Nothing was summoned.

I can’t remember if I’ve ever seen the Void Portal successfully summon.

1 Like

Maybe it doesn’t work because it doesn’t track souls for the defending team…

1 Like

The defense team is definitely tracking souls (and gold & maps), so it might be a bug. I’ll look into it next week.

How is it possible to know the tracked souls, golds or maps of the enemy team during a battle?

1 Like

Counting is your best bet! xD

3 Likes

BTW the type bonus for event week on your hero with the corresponding perk seems to work in arena even though class bonuses shouldn’t work there.

Exactly my question.