GW First week feedback

I promise its not just Maxx.

I and many others in the guild I’m in share the exact same opinion.

5 Likes

The problem is the event buffs make annoying troops op and everyone uses them. One week it’s Scale Guards the next week it’s knights and now it’s FG/Kerberos they are everywhere in GW and PvP. When it was Suncrest event there wasn’t anything too annoying or op so people didn’t bother with them and PvP had more variety.

2 Likes

Before events were around players complained that defence teams rarely changed.

Now events are in and as described above, defence teams change weekly to suit buffed troops, yet players are still not happy and wish to return to the pre-event ‘variety’ in defence teams?

Something appears to be amiss… :thinking:

5 Likes

What people have asked for is for them to incentivize variety and unique troops on defense. I’m pretty sure no one thinks 4x Scale Guards fits that definition.

3 Likes

If defence teams are changing on a weekly basis then players are being incentivised to field different defences - thus requiring players to change up invade teams to suit.

So this giving them the variety they called for. Scale Guards were easy to counter with a sturdy or impervious front troop.

Likewise, this week, field an invade team with appropriate defences or tricks to combat some of the more widely used beasts.

1 Like

No, it isn’t. From what I’ve seen in debates on the topic, people wanted the devs to directly give people an incentive to set real teams with variety not troll teams like 4x Scale Guard. They asked for resource bonuses for certain defense setups, limiting defense troops to 4 unique troops, etc.

Personally, I’m indifferent to events. It doesn’t add anything creative to the game and doesn’t solve the defense problem, but it does offer easy access to resources.

The devs may have planned for event boosts to solve the defense issue. But, it has certainly been an ineffective and incomplete solution.

4 Likes

I recall the proposal. Of course 4x Scale guards was not the intent.

I don’t know how difficult it would be… but every weekly reset should allow the develops to slightly modify ‘a few’ of that Kingdom troops. It would be something to look forward to when a Kingdom rotates around. Helping a few miserable ones, and pulling in the one or two that are off the hook.

They can save the major Trait rework, etc. for client patches. I’m taking about small Mana and stat adjustments.

If this is too frequent then the first reset of EVERY Month should have adjustments. So people can expect a change.

1 Like

They need to implement the defense code from the consoles version.
That version is becoming more fun to play, while the PC/Mobile version is becoming less fun.

I love the AI missing a 5er skull move, or making a 4er instead of a 5er, or just not seeing a 4/5er move at all.
I love how you can set gem color preference for your defense team, and how it can decide to not make skull moves, but cast a spell instead.

It’s a lot more unpredictable.

Of course, the 10 4/5er moves falling into the screen, one after another, or even just 3er moves that keep forming 20 in a row, has to be stopped for all versions. Recall bias or not, remove it for player as well for AI, and it’s still fair, but you can actually play with strategy, instead of relying on dumb luck.

1 Like

I think that it’s worth mentioning something that hasn’t yet been discussed.

Event boosted teams especially suck for newer players.

Yes, there are counters. And yes, it’s fun to discuss as a guild how to counter them. For that reason, I personally don’t mind the new meta of the week because once you find the counter you feel pretty smug winning.

But I feel so bad for my lower level guildmates when someone suggests an awesome team that is completely impossible for them to field, because they haven’t been playing long enough to obtain and trait the right troops. Even worse when it requires a specific traited mythic. In PvP those battles could be skipped or retreated from with little consequences. In GW it leads to frustration.

9 Likes

this week i have to make 3rd attack team for each color, but since i dont have this many team spots it will be forgotten leaving more work for me incoming weeks when ill have to use that specific strategy again :expressionless:

2 Likes

Yeah, improbable, but it’s happened to me twice so far. First time I was all smug because it was my newly Minted and Traited DEATH troop that got off a dance macabre, and this was my VERY FIRST CAST and when it went to the other team after his cast, everyone died. I immediately thought Death was the most powerful troop I’d ever had. But that never happened again until it happened to me when a Death Knight died and me with my ready cleanse waiting got all four deathmarks to proc on my turn.

This is where I’m really confused. Yeah, I’m at the level where I can handle 5 turns of bad RNG in terms of drops but when I get a whole bunch of great cascades and fill up my Kerberos before the opponent and cast with no devour then he gets his devour, its when I start not being able to return. I’ve had games where all my kraken and kerb casts get me devours and I’ve had ones where none of them do… but in GW this is too much when you’re losing a match because 3 casts in a row from your kraken don’t devour but the first cast from his gets your kraken. Since each match counts, I really get more stressed when the RNG gets uppity with me and just delivers a long chain of unfortunate events. Twice today I managed to win after several long bad luck streaks… and last week I scored top of the guild because I had a week long good luck streak.

The problem is that I wish skill better mitigated the luck in GW because I feel like I could be less frustrated when I lose to superior skill rather than the opponent getting six skull drops in a row cuz the RNG felt like it.

To summarize:
The RNG is too powerful, things with any percentage of kill chance should either be barred from GW or some sort of other path to getting luck to matter less.

2 Likes

I agree. I HATE guild wars. PvP was boring enough, why make another one? I just run up against the same teams over, and over. And now that so many players have quit, it’s even harder to win.

2 Likes

You know I don’t mind loosing to Death or Famine because I have a chance to actually win. But Death Knight - killing Death knight the last 5 games 100% KILL my team over 3 turns or less

That’s not 10% that’s not even 50% that’s 100% ruins the game.

1 or two marked maybe. but RNG the entire game after 4 marked - NOT okay.

And @Maxx - it is just the same shit but now spending GEMS and such to play PVP. OOOH aaa a Common card at the end of the week. Totally agree with your sentiment.

What is really sad is the Dev for the most part have all been silent. @Saltypatra has mentioned a few things, but the truth of this - week 5 or 6 - have lost count is this ‘newest piece’ needs re-thinking.

I am not spending my stuff anymore on this. Rather take my chance at the RNG of chests than the RNG of GWs

2 Likes

some do - and actually I like that.

Most don’t - they stay with the OPS of the OPs with Death Knight joining that rank. Funny how that was just introduced right at the start of GW.

1 Like

That is what is so wild and frustrating.

I went up against a Kerb team with my Kerb team on purple day. (Twice at the 100 level)

I fired off my two Kerb 5 times total - nothing

He fired off my two Kerb 2 each times - devour.

Same goes for today with the Kraken. i fired off the Kraken twice - hoping to remove Death and Famine…and ZIP.

1 Like

OK, quick question, do your sentinel bonuses only affect you team during guild wars battles?or does it apply to every match?

1 Like

Yes

(10 char)

1 Like

thank you, i wasn’t sure.

1 Like

Question, how many people think that sentinels are worth the cost?[poll type=regular]

• Worth
  • Not worth
  • Some worth
    [/poll]
2 Likes

With the 3.1 update maybe they can add a build team menu …in the guild wars menu where you can have 10 slots for Guild Wars only. 6 color team slots and 4 defense slots or is that a bit of a tall order just thinking out loud…