Guild Wars Will be Temporarily Offline

Lol which comment would that be… There are so many

Your most recent one. Fixed. :grinning:

It is difficult to draw any conclusion. These figures are only for Steam. Maybe the stats are completely different on other platforms.
However we can notice that until now the number of players has increased witheach update and that, on the contrary, it has been slightly decreasing since the last one.
Maybe it is because of summer vacations and it is temporary, but maybe it is because people on the forum are not just whiners but are pointing out some real problems.

5 Likes

Lol i still dont see a comment from me about GW being emotionally unsatisfying and that doesn’t sound like something i would say

1 Like

@Vangor did not say it. The misty cow said it @Delinquent

2 Likes

Ahh there it is! Thank you @EmsDad15

1 Like

I will add that I have seen more and more Xbox and PS4 recruitment threads, so I’m guessing more people are coming to the console game currently. I also think the mobile community (not myself) are largely silent and don’t have much imput on the forums. It’s pretty easy for anyone to download the game from their app store and play leisurely.

Again, we can only really see the steam numbers, so it’s not the full picture, as @Aelthwyn points out.

Guild wars went smooth until @Shiratori figured out the schedule was the same each week and was kind of unbalanced.

So it appears to me they postponed it for a mahority of reasons, not just the soft club for whining about losing.
It was very fun and I hope the bring it back asap.
As for suggestions I have none because I leave that up to them to design the game. If I didn’t like it I wouldn’t play it. Please take my poll if you haven’t yet. As I guess this would be my one suggestion. A more random schedule. Not just by weekly placement.

2 Likes

Wishful thinking, apparently! Fixed again!

1 Like

More recruitment threads because people were quitting perhaps?

1 Like

They are all for guilds with like 4 people. “up and coming” as they call them. I assumed they were all new.

What do I know? I’m just a mobile player. :smile:

I think guild wars needs a lot more variation, forcing people to use and come up against random teams would make it much more fresh and challenging. I also feel that each guild day, members should fight against the opposing guild guardian for that day which is buffed massively. for ex. 9999 Armor and 9999 Life. The damage on opposing guild guardians will be tracked and the winning guild will be the one who has more health and armor on their own guardian at the end of the day.

The guilds guardians should be paired up with random troops and can be rerolled by gold/soul donations by members, activated by guild leader or secondary leaders only. Personal teams should also be random and allowed to reroll with either glory, gold or souls. All rerolls should be limited to force players to use troops they otherwise would not come up against as well as giving large incentives to learn and improve otherwise useless troops.

The stats of the guardians would be available for levelling, either by the statue levels (not recommended as it takes too long) or donations of resources by members (recommended, but should not only be gem donations). This should be a permanent upgrade and not something that is temporary like the boosts, giving guilds another goal to work towards for the long term.

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated, this is just a brainstorm but i feel that fighting a main big boss and forcing random teams would keep the mode fresh and avoid the issue of facing the same annoying troops all the time, now in a “competitive” environment.

2 Likes

Is it good result for a patch? Are devs satisfied by no improvement of their playerbase?
What I see in this chart is that with GW they gained +19% in 2 months and then began to loose players -7% during last week and the current one.

You overestimate the impact of this forum which represent a very small part of the playerbase. Do you really believe that devs will stop GW because of at max. 50 players was unsatisfied by GW?
I don’t think so. It’s more because they were loosing players tha some posts on this forum.

Moreover, these charts don’t provide any informations about the most important point: income. Because you can have +20% of players but if these newplayers don’t give ant dollars it’s not that good for their business (yeah I know there should be some well-known studies that show newcomers are the ones who give the most dollars :slight_smile: ).

Far too little and far too late. GW was a dumpster fire from the start. GW2 will never be anything more than hot garbage.

1 Like

Yeh. I agree. I don’t believe that a few whiners on forums made them put GW on pause. I mean they have research teams for feedback right? Then add that to all other data to include this forum. I say. All I know is what I’ve been told. And we all seen Salty’s pin.

1 Like

(yeah I know there should be some well-known studies that show newcomers are the ones who give the most dollars

Yeah this.

I wish I hadn’t given them any dollars at all.

This is your daily scheduled PSA, don’t argue pointlessly in this thread. Take it to PMs. Also, this is official news, so no more meme dropping, please. If either of these things happen again I will be forced to issue warnings or bans, which I really don’t want to do.

The thread for Guild Wars suggestions is where all ideas for changes should be posted.

10 Likes

Drop the hammer!!! Lol

My summer has been crazy busy with vacations left and right. You have to take into account that more people travel this time of year. Steam just shows online players, not active accounts.

1 Like