Guild Wars - Sneak Peek Wrap Up

I was thinking this one is more fitting.

1 Like

depends upon guild,

i’m wondering will i “have to” level all my kingdoms to lv10 in order to be successfull in the gw…

1 Like

@Sirrian i have a question:
leaving matchmaking brackets out of this,

if the top ranks rewards are fixed but the middle (or low) ranks are widening to fit more players in (giving same amount if gems to each player as before the widening) as the population grows - assuming it scales properly in proportion with the population growth (or with the economy growth) will that devaluate gems economy?

is it possible it could scale to include more ppl as the populatuion grows (but the reward per person/guild not growing along with it) ?

i think that would fix the never ending increase of difficulty/requirements in competition (which results in return of investment constantly dropping as the population grows) that we can observe in the pvp leaderboard

im not sure will population of guilds grow as fast as population of players, but we can see where it goes regardless to the growth speed - in the end - whole server except of very small % (fixed number of guilds/players) will not bother to compete with all they got as they will have too little chance (if at all) and too little roi (after a while ppl will figure out how many ppl/guilds actually have a chance for the top ranks and that huge carrot on the stick u put there wont work as much)

if it scales you can expect many more ppl buying the sentinels more as they (the extra ppl included in the ranking as it grows) would see the roi and competition worth it

sorry im bringing this up kind of “again” but ive never got even any mention of some kind of reply (so i dont know did you guys simply didnt notice - sometimes it happens, or dislike it, or are thinking about it…)

• i would appreciate any kind of answer
1 Like

11 Likes

@Sirrian or @Saltypatra The questions I still have (and no one seem to know the answer for sure, either) are these (most are easy Y/N questions):

1. Do I get points for successfully defending? If not, why would I need to set a defense team for each War, if color bonuses are point bonuses, and not stat bonuses (EDIT: thinking a bit more about this last case, maybe because you can somehow predict the troops the enemy will use, I guess, but I still want to know the full answer to this one hahaha)?

2. If my guild participates on week 1, skips week 2, then decides to participate again on week 3, will week 1 count as “previous week” for purposes of checking performance and assigning Guild War Ranks?

3. What happens if my guild and my opponent guild get the exact same amount of points on a given day (probably low chance of happening, but I’m sure it will happen at some point)? Do both guildies gain the daily reward?

4. Do I get 9 seals for winning a Guild Wars battle?

5. To get full color bonus points in a match, do the troops need to be there at the start of the battle, or just at the end?
    5.a) If I started with 4 troops of the featured color, but ended the battle with less than 4 of the color, do I get the full bonus?
    5.b) And what if I start the battle with 3 troops of the right color, then finish the battle with 4 troops of the color after some summoning, do I get the full bonus?

3 Likes

if you lower guild points of other guilds in your bracket you increase your chances to advance in higher brackets so successfull defenses make sense

That part I understand, but I mean actually getting points, subject to color bonuses.

yes it was said that guild war fights will count towards pvp so will cover normal pvp rewards

That’s what I answered in the FAQ in my guide, but I wanted a confirmation that it is 9, and not 5 seals.

1 Like

quote i found doesnt mention seals at all, so yeah could use a clarification, but i still think its pretty safe to assume 9 not 5 if at all

I know, I’ve studied all of Sirrian’s comments when I made the guide, and I’m confident that it is the case, but you did, too, realize how he did not mention seals, and that’s the only reason I asked for a definitve confirmation hehe

2 Likes

We’ll probably get a guild war video a few days before the GW patch hits.

Well, my questions stand. There’s not guarantee they would or will address them in the upcoming video or post.

@Tacet Are you going to make this a requirement?

Thought I would summarize this thread in song! I am the Magical Maestro after all! :wink:
Thanks @kanevan for getting my creative juices flowing!
Enjoy!

21 Likes

Wow, I wasn’t expecting that haha You sure can sing :wink:

3 Likes

That voice! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t know if its appropriate to “like” compliments about yourself, but… WHY NOT!? :grin:

Thanks for the support @MakoSipper and @Whiskeyjack!

2 Likes

Of course it is appropriate. It’s like a “Thank you for the compliment” :wink:

3 Likes

Wait, @efh313, I just heard that you’re a professional singer… CHEATER! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes