Guild Wars - Sneak Peek VI

That’ll definitely be the former: your own collection.

1 Like

Yes it is the former @jeno, you will be fighting with your own troops.

1 Like

this is exactly what i was trying to say all the way :sob:

how can you even prove that its a weak guild? maybe that guild was capable of beating all guilds in game but due to their original placement in the ranking they were offered less points for beating lower ranked guilds, not even their fault! and they will be stuck there as there is no way to make up that missing points if all those guilds win all the fights.

1 Like

so basically you dont care about actual reward table, it could be no diamonds as well and you would still want the gw released. that doesnt count

also dont tell me you dont care about the 100 troops per week that you will probably be getting

that kind of voice can speak for top 5 guilds, not a whole console community

I tried to look for an answer to my previous question, but couldn’t find any:

Do these bonuses last 7 days like guild task bonuses, or are they good only for the current week?

1 Like

seems like only current werek:

gotta buy them on monday or you wont get a full return of investment :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Also, shouldn’t it be the opposite? What you invest in Sentinels give a tiny bonus for people who are of lower rank than you? Like, to encourage the stronger players to spend more in order to help weaker players? I mean, in my opinion, a leader should make the greatest effort for their “followers”, not the other way around.

7 Likes

That right there!!

And kinda struggle to make sure all 29 other members buy them on monday as well. =/

I’m sure they’ll make some adjustments until the release, though… This just won’t work well

Sentinel gets the most bonuses because he/she is the last of the 5 fights and is worth the most points.

3 Likes

Good point, though I had kind of thought that they would just get an fixed extra bonus for being top of the pack.

So if nobody buy Sentinels, then the last Paragon-match will not necessarily be harder then the other matches?

1 Like

By “Sentinels”, do you mean Paragons?

So these bonuses work only in defense, not for attacking? I guess I missed that information.

EDIT: No, it works both for offense and defense.

no, cause the strongest defender in the guild will be attacked the most of times so you want to buff him to protect your guild most, also - as when you attack in guild wars - you will face the strongest defender as last opponent - you would like him to be strongest otherwise it would feel totally wrong - also beating him gives most guild war points

aww @DonBoba sniped me and i didnt notice

3 Likes

Ok, I officially give up, I won’t try to understand this anymore. :wink:

2 Likes

perhaps you would like rewerse stat points distribution for guild war attacking, but keep the current distribution for defending?

that way it would be even much more fun as the current paragon would have the least invade stats so guild war invades would be hardest for him - therefore hardest for him to keep his status of “earned most guild war points” to keep being paragon next week
= paragons would be changing each week a lot :smiley:

that would also motivate everyone much more to be buying those stat points as everyone will be benefitting equally in total (considering defense and offense) :smiley:

4 Likes

I like it.

You know what, I’ll try to study the GW sneak peeks and make a thread GW - TL;DR or GW for Dummies later.

6 Likes

If you can get Sirrian’s attention, there are two unanswered questions that I still have after six sneak peeks.

(1) How are points actually calculated? We know there is a 20% bonus for color, and more points for beating higher-ranked opponents, but that’s it.

(2) How are guilds assigned as opponents for the wars? Are each set of seven guilds grouped into closed-off rings, or is it closer to pro tennis where your opponents are drawn from a wide range of ranks?

1 Like

Hmms. There is a huge disparity here as 340 gems are very hard to come by and 1200 souls is only a couple of pvp battles. Also surprised to see such a high Glory requirement as well.

NOWAYJOE2GO

They want you to buy gems, ultimately.