Guild Wars - Sneak Peek V

so is enough to win one or all 5 battles against the “daily” guild on the proper day?

This is an interesting idea. I think it might be more complex than the devs want to implement, but it would be pretty cool… there’d have to be other task chains though.

Will the experience bonus be additive or multiplicative?

In regards to Kingdom Power, just existing and being traitable is enough once you get beyond PL 5.

PL 5 takes 2600 points, exactly 8 fully ascended, leveled, and traited troops. No wiggle room.
PL 6 takes 2900 points. If you have 9 troops all traited you can be missing 2 levels and still get to PL 6. So ascending a 9th troop to Epic would be enough to take a PL 5 to PL 6.
PL 7 takes 3200 points. If you have 10 troops all traited you can be missing 5 levels and still get to PL 7. So having a 10th troop just at common would be enough reach PL 7.
PL 8 takes 3500 points. This requires 14 troops. If all are traited you could have them all at only Epic and still reach PL 8, so ascending is a non-issue.
PL 9 takes 3800 points (expected). That is 17 troops. No Kingdom is close to this yet, but even so you have 5 levels to spare as far as points, so ascending a single troop beyond common is a non-issue.

So generally speaking, unless the Guild Wars troop is for a Kingdom that has only 8 troops the inability to ascend the new troop won’t stop you from reaching the next power level.

3 Likes

This need to be front and center IMO

Nice observation @Tacet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very well done, an awesome compromise. Gives a strong reason to play daily without losing out on ability to rank well for weekly competition, and you’re not potentially losing anything “exclusive”. And the possibility for extra seals will allow some of the smaller guilds to hit 40k as well, encouraging even more guild participation. Brilliant!

I like that the rewards are ONLY available in guild wars, it will encourage people to keep playing when the same card comes around so that they can ascend it. I also like the general idea of being similar to the guild guardians, in that they will be generally useful or competitive cards that might actually make it to our decks and affect the meta. But as @Tacet mentioned, some of the current guardians are a little too powerful (2 of the 3 main teams I constantly face rely on a guardian). This is likely a more general balance issue than GW specific, but hopefully it’s being considered and will be addressed.

HARD NO to this, I hope. If rewards are based on a points target, than it’s not a “war”, it’s just like the weekly events were you just need to complete certain tasks. My understanding of GW was that it was to be a direct competition between guilds, meaning rank matters. I’d agree that the current PvP rewards pool is too small, and I’d hope the GW pool is bigger and maybe proportional (so ranks are “Top 1%”, “Top 5%”, etc. rather than “Top 5”, “Top 25”). I’m looking forward to races where a few guilds are fighting over the last reward spot for a certain level, but if they all end up getting the reward, I fail to see the drama or competitiveness.

“Could”, sure, anything is possible. But what your describing sounds far beyond the scope of anything that’s been released or suggested so far, and this seems like a non-trivial change to implement, so I highly doubt it.

2 Likes

I agree with everything said here by @beanie42 and not just because he’s in the best guild ever. :smiley:

1 Like

6 Likes

Don’t worry. If you’re in a top guild you’ll have them to Mythic before too long. Meanwhile, everybody else will have to face them regardless with no hope of ever being able to get them that powerful.

Imagine if only a portion of the user base was able to fully use Courage or Justice? This is a BAD idea all the way around.

Almost all of your posts seem to be complaints about how awful the game is or an insinuation that being in a decent guild is a bad thing. Since Guild Wars combines the two, maybe it’s not right for you?

As for your post, since the quantity of cards being given hasn’t even been released, saying “only top guilds will get it” is simply unsubstantiated conjecture. And if you believe “only the top guilds will have them”, than you wouldn’t actually face them all the time, since in that case they’ll be very scarce. One of your complaints isn’t compatible with one of your other complaints…

10 Likes

Everyone who participates gets one copy. With courage and justice, rarity makes little difference as the most OP teams can win without either getting a scratch. So i think it is very premature to predict a power imbalance as a result of guild wars rewards.

7 Likes

Sirrian already stated:

I honestly would like to “insta-Mythic” all my troops too, but that’s more my personal desire to keep everything equal and much less about the power involved on it. We fight troops in PVP with 50% bonuses from events and it hardly poses a challenge at all so you and others wouldn’t be at some significant disadvantage.

1 Like

I’m in a decent guild. We finish all 6 tasks every week and hit 40K seals. We’re ranked #31 currently on PC/mobile. And we continue to hemorrhage good players to guilds above us.

Maybe you should have read Sirrian’s post more carefully. I never said anybody would NOT get them but if the top guilds get tons more of them, as Sirrian insinuated, then they WILL have them at a higher power level than everybody else.

The simple fact is that the PVP matchmaking system is based on the PLAYER, not the guild. I’m level 1150 and I face almost exclusively players from the top 10-20 guilds in the game. The ONLY way for me to continue to compete with them is to kick my guild to the curb and move to a more powerful guild.

One of the stated goals of Guild Wars was to encourage guild loyalty. This new unique troop mechanic won’t accomplish that, plain and simple.

1 Like

You completely missed the point. I don’t care about being able to instantly level my troops. I don’t do that now unless I really like the troop.

Did i? You still complained about some sort of perceived power level discrepancy compaing yourself with people on better guilds:

It’s the principle.

They said they want to encourage guild loyalty and teamwork. The mid-tier guilds can barely compete for good players now. Adding something like this is only going to ensure they can’t.

It’s not about true power, it’s about perceived rewards.

1 Like

Are you in a mid-tier guild? Better yet are you a guild master of a mid-tier guild losing their top 1 or 2 players every other week?

At any rate, it’s not worth arguing about anymore.

I made my case. These types of changes are what is leading to the death of the #31 overall PC/mobile guild and I’m willing to bet there’s other guilds of our ilk that feel the pinch as well.

It’s time to start looking for another guild so I won’t miss out on the latest and greatest.

I think we all understand your stance (albeit to various degrees) but what you’re arguing against is one of the things that cannot be changed. Those who play more, get more. It seems you are completely fine with this as long as the extra things these players get are trash-tier. If you consider them even remotely good then you have an issue with it. (just observations not attacking) So what do you want them to do?

At the end of the day more time spent in-game is good for the game itself and the business side of things. When I had a disagreement about forcing us to play every day that’s when I drew the line, but in the end we can’t stop it. Also really why would you? As I said people enjoy playing this game in ungodly hours, myself included, so the Devs have to develop around that. What’s good for us is also good for them.

Of course none of this goes without saying they aren’t denying or forcing choice here. The choice is on us as players. If you want more copies of the troop, perform. If you don’t care, then don’t. Yeah it’s true those who perform best will earn copies faster, but I don’t really see an issue with that. That’s pretty much why we spend money on this game as well, to get ahead faster.

11 Likes

My guild is currently at #48 without hard goals and currently not even with a full host. Yes, we lost members before because they felt they should move to a better guild. Treemo, if i’m not mistaken, moved to your guild even a long time ago, last week we lost two more members that certainly decided to try their luck on another guild and i can’t blame them at all.

Honestly, i believe you’ll find a good guild soon. What’s been making you so unhappy in general is how you devoted yourself to a guild that doesn’t seems to be the right place for you… Simply because you want to claw your way to some better place and the others don’t/can’t follow you with the same speed/engagement.

I believe your current guild will be grateful for everything you did, for as long as you did, and that they should be happy for you even on your departure IF they were really your friends to some extent.

2 Likes