Guild Wars - Sneak Peek V

My situation is similar, in that my guild is ranked #24, and we also complete everything each week. However, we haven’t lost ANY players to better guilds in months. So maybe the problem isn’t so much finding a better guild, as making your guild better and building camaraderie and loyalty?

As the actual facts show, there are lots of “top players” that aren’t in top guilds. Based on your comment that “the PVP matchmaking system is based on the PLAYER, not the guild”, wouldn’t that mean you’re facing the top players regardless of guild?

[quote=“htismaqe, post:53, topic:21203, full:true”]The ONLY way for me to continue to compete with them is to kick my guild to the curb and move to a more powerful guild.

One of the stated goals of Guild Wars was to encourage guild loyalty. This new unique troop mechanic won’t accomplish that, plain and simple.
[/quote]

Both of these statements are simply opinions, to which you are entitled. My opinion is that I am currently very competitive with the top players, that my limitations are not limited by what is available but by the amount of effort/time I’m willing to put into the game, and that my competitiveness will not be adversely affected by staying with my current team. I also feel that GW does encourage guild loyalty, and while the very top of the game may be cutt-throat, the majority of it (including guilds at the level of yours and mine) will experience positive benefits. But again that’s just my unsubstantiated guess, and the game has room for both negative and positive outlooks :wink:

4 Likes