Guild Wars - Sneak Peek III

I thought the evil smiling imp will indicate i was joking :confused:

4 Likes

:wink:

8 Likes

7 Likes

I got the joke, not that it was funny. I was just in an annoying pedant troll mood for my joke response.

1 Like

Imagine what you would say if you didn’t get the joke :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I know where you live…

1 Like

@DonBoba he’s gonna tell your parents, they will ground you and you won’t be able to play GoW for a week… Be afraid, very very afraid buddy…

4 Likes

Well, that escalated quickly.

1 Like

Not because it was “illegal” (which it wasn’t). It was because it was (very) unpopular with players with the potential of losing good cards.

On an anecdotal note, when my roommates and I just started out with a Starter each, winning a Serra Angel kept my deck alive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah always reminds me of Sharon stone. So hot in her day.

This was the worst! Inevitably, my ante card would be one of my best rares or uncommons, and my opponent would turn over a damn Llany!! :rage:

Serra Angel was awesome! Back before the power creep DESTROYED MtG… :disappointed:

And just cause he will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart:

Amazing artwork, some of the best early flavor text in MtG, imho, made this hands down my favorite common card back in the day! I collected these guys, had them in multiple foreign languages and filled up several pages of card protectors with my Hurloon collection…

Ah, the good ol’ days! :relieved:

2 Likes

His casting cost is way too high though

See my above comment about power creep, and remember he was a common from revised so very early, non power creep MtG. His casting cost was just right. :wink:

I always thought he would be more balanced as 2 colourless 1 red rather than what he is.

That would be Gray Ogre, also in the same set. The extra Red gets you the extra toughness.

heh, Serra and Moat, great combo :slight_smile:

Ah gray orge, 3 mana for a flat 2/2.

Whereas black and white get those Knights. Oh and hypnotic spectre, brings back memories.

The powercreep in MtG is something that made the game more dynamic and appealing in some ways. I believe this is a modern tendency considering how time become more and more restrict in modern days. It’s really hard to assemble a group of friends to play RPGs at a given day than it was two years ago for example. With Collectible Card Games (CCGs) you need your own deck or more than one, you need to go into a game store and find people with decks to play with, it’s a little easier, but sometimes people can’t stay too long in the store for a slower game if the cards were still “vanilla” as they were back before.

To finish my part on this off-topic my favorite card of all times:

2 Likes

It’s present in all kinds of games.

I cited the example of Far Cry Primal the other day. If you play it the way they originally released it, you might be 30% of the way through the game when your character is so powerful nothing in the game stands a chance anymore. It makes the rest of the game (70% or so) very repetitive and boring.

Luckily, Ubisoft patched in a Survivor mode that is much, much more difficult. Yes, it makes the game play much more slowly but it’s also much more awe-inspiring and rewarding when you accomplish things. I wish more games could do that, honestly.

Yeah that’s the thing, when power gets in it only grows. For every person who prefers it one way, there’s others who prefer it a different way. I have to say when there’s so many cards with power, you hardly notice a “powercreep.” To me MTG before was simply boring. I much prefer the way it is now, or lets say pre-planeswalkers. Although I don’t mind playing with those too.

Planeswalkers aren’t as bad as some… “innovative designs” they came up like Double-Faced cards and “Fusion-cards” recently… Sigh…

2 Likes