Guild Wars - Sneak Peek II

It simply HAS to be.

This is a match-3, card collecting game. The system already rewards playing time over every other objective measurement because there’s no way within the mechanics it has to actually gauge SKILL.

I honestly don’t get the hyper-competitive part of this argument. Being the best isn’t everything. In fact, being the best in THIS game is probably a sign you need to get a freaking life. LOL

That’s the thing. No one knows that to be the case. It’s all speculation. Some people are making negative guesses while others are making positive ones.

This is @sirrians words, GW will offer a unique reward unattainable anywhere else.

As I said above, I actually prefer the new system, I log on everyday, but dont play everyday. This is GOOD for me, but I thought GW DESERVED to be a challenge… after all there have been several threads by END-GAMERS about how there is NOT an END GAME Challenge. I didn’t want to see GW lose the opportunity to be that. Speaking personally, this would prevent burnout, or at least extend it because every day I would have 5 very important battles to carefully plan against a specific opponent. Not anymore…

Somewhere above @Sirrian states that any guild that elects to participate and complete at least 1 GW battle during the week will receive at least 1 of those unique rewards. So, yes, ANY guild can earn those rewards. Just at a lower rate, which NOBODY has had a problem with. :wink:

From my point of view, it would be nice to just play 5 battles that actually matter. Since 2.0 there is zero punishment for losing a game. And that’s ok. But when the devs announced guild wars I really liked the sound of 5, hard fought battles every day played not for speed but played to win.

You have stated several times how PvP is all about efficiency, and that you may as well retreat if things are going south. Well here’s a new mode where you can - and should - play more defensively. So to my mind there is more strategy to it, or at least, there is a different strategy.

Competition and a lack of ‘participation rewards’ raises the stakes, and for me that makes it more interesting

4 Likes

That’s what he is saying now. They’ve already talked about changing it in this very thread, so obviously it’s fluid.

I’m in a guild that already suffers severe attrition, continually losing our top players to higher-ranked guilds, often for NO real reward other than stroking their ego. Until Guild Wars is released and I’m assured that it’s not going to make the problem worse, I’m going to keep saying something about it.

To clarify, my intention there was it should not be a place where they feel SAFE. What GoW is missing for me is danger, I felt that everywhere as a beginner. The 5* Challange battles were crazy I had to fight several of them multiple times and get lucky drops to win, now, I bombot my way through everything! :wink:

2 Likes

Or, it would cause burnout in some people because they don’t like to “feel” like they need to play everyday so that they don’t let their guild down. Several people have already made that argument in this very thread.

Personally, it doesn’t matter to me. I can easily do 5 fights a day. However, I can recognize that the new system is better overall for the majority.

3 Likes

There’s no more challenge. It’s still asynchronous and the AI is still terrible. The fact that a win or loss means more only means you’ll stick it out instead of quit, it won’t make the matches themselves anymore satisfying…

And so it’s clear, that’s why I’m so vocal about the rewards, whether it’s Guild Wars or legendary tasks or whatever. Collecting stuff is the ONLY reason to play this game anymore. There’s no strategy to it, there’s no thinking involved at all.

And you think Guild Wars is going to change that? Nothing about the matches themselves are changing.

1 Like

I’m reserving my right to not say sh$#. I can’t comment against my guild-mates any longer. :joy:

@efh313 Your idea is out there, so i’m sure they’ll see it and consider it.

2 Likes

We really don’t know what they have in mind for the individual battles though, right? What if they’re planning to give defenders a 200% bonus to their stats? Or to give them all Barrier at the start? There are certainly ways they could make the battles more challenging. That was my hope all along: That we would finally get battles that are hard and matter.

2 Likes

I can understand that. But, how does 5 games daily help with that? You will still be able to easily dominate matches at your level. The only challenge 5 games a day gives you is to your personal schedule.

1 Like

My sentiment exactly @Ashasekayi, I just think those 5 DAILY battles SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING.
They should matter. They should have some significance over a standard Ranked PvP battle. They did on Monday, today, Wednesday, they don’t. I think that is unfortunate.

No you are absolutely correct, and above… WAAAAY ABOVE… lol… I stated it worked for me as a PERSONAL Motivator.

My genuine question is why do ALL game modes have to be ALL things to ALL players?

TH- is clearly for early game

Arena- is a genuine mid game gem, when you don’t have the cards, but are perfecting your strategy

PvP- is for all, it is balanced opponents to your lvl, and by end game, its the only ROI that is viable, unless you are stone farming.

GW- had a chance to be a place for END GAMERS to get something special, a mode that was actually competitive, demanding that daily play be a factor because, hey if you want to be the best your gonna have to prove it, daily. (again, this is NOT my play style, but I respected that requirement for THIS one, single game mode)

1 Like

So you’re suggesting that they flat out cheat in favor of the AI to provide a facade of a “challenge”?

Seriously, I can’t even respond to that. Sorry.

I’d prefer it if they did something like halving all magic, attack, boost ratios, and other fixed numbers in spells. That would reduce one hit kills and give you more time to recover in the event of a bit of bad luck at the beginning of a game.

I don’t think it’s possible for them to do such a thing but I’m holding out hope for future updates.

Alternatively, they could limit which troops can be used in guild wars

2 Likes

I don’t know you, and I’m sure you’re a lovely human being in person, but your response is completely unhelpful and unproductive. I thought we were having a conversation here…

That’s all that exists in GoW as a way to beef up the challenge. I could right now turn my difficulty ot WL4 and, though I would still win, because I have those lock down looper teams that don’t provide turns unless they are on my terms. Those battles would certainly take longer. But its not fun, is it?
I used WL 1 more when I was leveling then I do now as an end-gamer. I only play on normal now. Because the end-game is all about ROI, because as you said all that is left is COLLECTION and we need keys to do that, and that means ROI.

The strategy is gone… I hoped to see it return, and it might, we don’t know what the GW Battles are going to look like, only that they will ALSO count as a Rank PvP match. I DO hope that they are significantly more difficult than a standard PvP match with unique circumstances based upon daily color, etc. All of that is yet to be revealed… #ComeOnSneakPeakIII :wink:

2 Likes

This is at the top, but the way to win by points seems to clearly need guild organization. So again we don’t know for sure, but I would think it’s still a priority for them. So there’s that.

3 Likes

I’m confused. I’ll just sit and patiently wait here. :neutral_face:

7 Likes

“Hyper-competitive” is a very loooooong stretch in my opinion, it’s just competitive as many features in many other games. But anyway, the devs already decided for an even less restrictitve gameplay, they favored this aspect even on this essentially competitive mode… And i still feel it will not be enough to soath your grievances/concerns about guilds that should try harder to become better.

Losing the restriction of daily battles deplets the “positive pressure” (as i call it) that some players need to become better for their own sake and for their guildmates’s sake in the form of results/rewards. As i said before, i believe that people will still be at fault even with the freedom to do the battles as they please, sometimes due to some external event/issue and MAYBE SOME MAY SETTLE for lesser results everytime as there is no push/motivation when everything is monotonously (<- Is this even a word? No it isn’t, just checked. But i’ll leave it the same way :stuck_out_tongue:.) casual…

I’m gonna wait to see what is left to be seen about the Guild War.

1 Like