Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

I started playing this game before trait stones , ascension and VIP.
I was very lucky to get in a top guild before I was even level 20. 500+ glory keys and gems every week min.
Everyone’s experience will be different when they first started out.

No worries, I realize that post has no place in this thread so deleting it.

You didn’t need to delete it. I just wanted to make sure that people know that wanting ways to encourage players to stay in their current guild is radicallly different that wanting ways to prevent them from leaving.

I am for the former but definitely against the latter.

2 Likes

It was actually said. It just wasn’t said by you. I can’t be bothered to look for it right now. But, some guy wrote a rambling post about devs curtailing the movement of players to lessen the movement of players moving to top guilds.

2 Likes

If that’s the case, I stand corrected.

Just thinking… It means that a guild might have its sister guild has an opponent?

1 Like

It’s this one: Game improvement suggestions

Spoiler warning: nothing of value is contained within.

9 Likes

Lol yeah… I believe i spent a good deal of time flaming the OP on that thread and then the discussion eventually turnes to talking about cheese if memory serves

One thing that can be added is different stats. Like keeping track of perfect arena runs, or how many times you killed a bone dragon in PvP.

I am hoping the score you get will be based on troop rating. Can use a strong team to for sure win, but get less points. Or use a weak team that will take more planning/skill to win more points.

2 Likes

It looks like they are hoping people will be using a number of different types of teams.

So worth looking into a crafting function…? Ideally as a mini game, so you can gate entry and perhaps limit attempts with a new currency/ token?

…and something to spend souls on… make them function a bit like dust in hearthstone…

1 Like

This thread moves way too fast to keep up with …

3 Likes

yes yes yes thank you and yes please :grin::grin::grin:

@Sirrian you guys gave us best Valentine present :gift: so far with this development. :heartpulse:

Happy Valentines everybody! :kissing_heart: :heartpulse:

ps. im guessing that (just wild guessing!) :

means guild war fights will count towards regular pvp ranked fights :wink:

4 Likes

This is awesome… so will it be guild vs guild around the same lvls? Or just radomly selected?

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about/wishing for this for a while. Every time I’m hurting for some Runic Traitstones and staring at the big pile of unused minor and major traitstones, I think it would be great to have a system where I can ascend traitstones like I ascend troops. Combine lower level copies to create higher level traitstones.

1 Like

Isn’t the point of Mythics to create an objective for end-gamers? It seems like folks are saying that there are relatively clear goals from early thru mid-game then when you hit end-game it dries up. It seems like Mythics are the answer in that they’re a really rare troop that even end-gamers struggle to get. Except, it also seems like end-gamers are complaining that they can’t get Mythics.

Does that mean the Mythics are working and the complaints should be ignored? Or does that mean they’re not a good solution for some reason?

4 Likes

I’m going with “not working as intended”

I encourage people to explain why and offer solutions (basically always). Just saying “It’s broken” isn’t likely to lead anywhere.

To reiterate, if end-game players are complaining that they can’t get mythics, but are still here playing, then that seems like pretty strong evidence that they’ve created a desirable reward for end-gamers that those players are chasing and which keeps them playing.

3 Likes

In my opinion, the devs could satisfy this dichotomy of design by making the “crafting” solution (where you grind your way to a Mythic, perhaps with a daily quota) take longer than the current release cadence of one per month. That way, you give players both a long-term goal and a RNG goal, and those who only grind will fall behind, but at a reduced rate.

14 Likes

I don’t think it’s evidence of that. I already know of end gamers that rage quit over the issue. The problem is that some people come to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible to get missing mythics AND reliably chase new ones during exclusive weeks. No one has that impression of other rarities.

As a completionist myself, I don’t believe I will ever get the two mythics I’m missing since I use the “hoard for exclusive week” strategy. This fact irks me. However, I can ignore those two for now. If I were missing substantially more, I’d probably lose interest in the game because of that feeling of not being able to at least work or pay to get them.

I have no problem with long goals that I can actively work towards. However, the mythic situation is problematic and filled with frustration. Obviously, Sirrian understands this now since he is open to discussing crafting.

12 Likes