Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

I am not on the forums QUITE as much as I used to be, but man this topic is a gold mine…

Thanks devs for this very rewarding conversation and for all the great people in the community for keeping things civil.

5 Likes

Well said.

3 Likes

I just wanted to throw in my two cents

The fact that mythics feel so unobtainable has drastically reduced my enjoyment of the game.

It tremendously bothers me that I have no way to reach these mythical cards and that it’ll always be just beyond my reach unless I get lucky glory chest pulls (that’s the only way I’ve received mythics, except one from a guild chest which was a duplicate because of my terrible timing, long story)

2 Likes

Problematic for now. I’m betting on Sirrian and company to release another five levels above Mythic. So while they are difficult to obtain atm, they won’t be later on.

I do like the idea of questing to get a mythic. Maybe it requires one to do it at Warlord IV difficulty. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Good thing you’re here then because that’s precisely what this thread is!

1 Like

That’s a couple possibilities yes, but for me when I hit end-game Mythics alone aren’t going to be enough.

Also people have been offering solutions that they would like to see. Crafting being one, and Sirrian commented on that. I’m of the mindset though that people getting those last few troops they need, isn’t going to make them stick around longer. They will have “completed” the game for the most part at that point. Still think it’s a good idea though. I personally just want content for me when I hit end-game.

When you’re low-level to mid-level, 1 type of troop isn’t all that you’re chasing. You have so much to do. So for me just getting Mythics wouldn’t satisfy me.

They put a restriction on rewards, no need for souls or stones currently, a restriction on leveling up, etc. So yeah being at end-game is pretty grim in terms of having something to look forward to and work for.

1 Like

They’re always releasing new content. A crafting system wouldn’t have to be only for Mythics. It would be nice to have another avenue to acquire Commons for the new kingdom without having to save up thousands of keys, for example.

Depends on whether or not that content is meaningful. As Sirrian said, Guild Wars won’t add anything more than we’re already doing in terms of pvp. Which is good, but when you’re already pvping as much as you can it doesn’t really add anything.

I’m still excited for it don’t get me wrong, but in terms of content that’s not really it for me.

BUT with that being said, I know they have to keep expanding on the bare-bones of the game.

I still have plenty of time, and i’m not going anywhere. So I have faith that they’ll do more great things.

One of the things that has held my pessimism in check lately, as simple as it sounds, are the new troops.

Minogor and Silvermaiden especially are fun.

2 Likes

Oh this isn’t me being a “debbie-downer,” in any way. Certain things appeal to some more than others. For the completionists it’s collecting the troops, for others it may be something else.

It is what it is. “You’re input don’t matter.”-Majorbly

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting you are, you’re usually pretty level headed about it one way or another. :slight_smile:

I was just pointing out that sometimes even the smallest and simplest additions are enough to spark some interest in the short-term. Long-term they need to address the end-game problem but they’ve demonstrated plenty enough to me that I should stick around and see what they come up with.

2 Likes

Sir i’m a lot of things but level-headed isn’t one of them, and don’t call me Shirley.

5 Likes

They raised the level cap to 10,000. What more do you need?

2 Likes

The Four Horsemen.

Yeah, I guess what I’m trying to pull out is that introducing a crafting system could actually do more harm than good. If players are only sticking around to get the last couple of mythics and they make those cards easier to get then it could just lead to more end-game players leaving. I think, fundamentally, it’s the chase that keeps people interested. If they do introduce a crafting system, what offsets to keep people chasing something?

3 Likes

New stuff. They’re releasing new troops every week and new Mythics every month. A crafting system just gives everyone one more avenue to get those things. Nobody is suggesting it should be easy and/or instantaneous, just available.

One of the things that keeps me around is experimenting with new teams. New troops every week allows me to do that. But there’s also the issue that I’ve been wanting to experiment with a couple of teams for MONTHS and can’t because I have no reasonable avenue to acquire the troops I need, short of straight up Powerball-like luck.

Giving me a chance to get the remaining old Mythics I don’t have simply ties up that loose end and allows me to fully enjoy the game going FORWARD.

4 Likes

The fact that if those people continue getting disappointed, they’re going to leave anyway, so they better do something to try to keep them around.

1 Like

Good point.

We are sticking around in spite of not being able to get the last couple mythics. There is no path to the mythics, thats the problem. Without a path, there is no hunt, no chase. A carefully introduced crafting system that allowed you to actually “chase” things but metered out in a way where you couldn’t just get a million miles ahead. Right now, many of us hoard and splurge to get things day one (or week one) because afterwards, you lose all agency AND it becomes several times harder to obtain the thing, be it mythics, new legendaries, or new kingdom troops. A carefully implemented crafting system (or even something simpler, like more targeted chests that aren’t week-dependent) would allow you to be behind the curve in terms of speed at obtaining a given thing, but still have relatively the same agency as someone able to frontload their resources on hundreds of RNG pulls. A goal to work for going forward from a new release, not reaching a given release and just hoping you have enough to shotgun your way into the next important drop.

This is also one of the main things that keeps me around. Boring troops for several weeks in a row and missing out on whatever mythic is introduced can often lead to me just “showing up” and going through the paces while waiting for something to happen. Missing a mythic also drastically reduces the amount of traitstones I need to farm, further pushing me toward the point where I can’t do anything to advance.

8 Likes

On the flipside, I managed to get Jotnar and have been farming a bit ever since, seeing that Arcane Bloods are the one trait stone I have zero of.