Guild Wars Scoring Exploit

I do love GoW and plan to stay for some time. However, given how slow the developers are as of late in fixing issues it does make me a tad bothered. They are so focused on making new content and enhancing it, that they are starting to lose a bit of focus to what needs attention. And things that do need fixing and that get fixed take a backseat to features they want to push out first. Whats funny about that is they poke at WoW in some of their sayings in-game. Yet this is exactly how Blizzard started to deviate as well with that product. Eventually GoW will offer automatic level 1,000 for a fee like WoW.

And if you read my post above the most I’ve seen per day was a friend who had 15,000 points. And not saying this would happen but if all 30 members got 15,000 for example in a day. That day score would be 450,000.

I wonder how long it will take the developers this time to fix a scoring issue that really can tip the scales in favor of exploiting this.

I agree with you. I think they should take a break from adding new content and fix problems first. They need to keep the new players coming back though, if they don’t add new content new players get bored and go elsewhere :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sirrian fixed the exploit and it only worked for day 1 of gw, unless evidence it is still happening?

1 Like

Yes like any game. They have to still develop new content. The thing here is they need to find a healthy balance between fixing issues and making new content. I personally feel they have a unhealthy balance where issues are now more a lesser concern to that of features.

Some issues I notice, I am sure there are far more. That should see fixing soon and outside personal wants over seeking balance within the game.

• Some troops need better balancing.
  • Guild Wars point exploit needs fixing.
  • Guild list needs fixing as it blanks out far too often (IE displays no data)
  • Some guilds (including mine) note there is a current issue with statue guardians not applying their bonuses.
  • Sometimes examining a player card of someone currently online will toss an error.
  • Defense win/loss record issue.

There are some minor issues but think these are either breaking the game at points, or for general use of the game should be fixed.

But I am sure we will get 10+ Kingdoms and a mountain of features before 1 of these is fixed.

The GW glitch has already been fixed, unless you have evidence that it continued after Tuesday.

Edit: this is the first I have heard about statues not applying a bonus. Has this been reported before? Likewise, I don’t remember seeing a support thread in the forum about how examining a player’s profile can cause the game to crash.

1 Like

The guild bonus issue was posted between five and ten times in the console known issues thread. It has finally been added to the original post as of a few days ago.

4 Likes

Lord knows why that was ignored, I tagged Devs in the post and it was mentioned plenty of times by at least 3 different people.

4 Likes

Excuse me. I wasn’t thinking about the console known issues thread; I was fixated on support threads.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the issue is only affecting PS4, so that’s understandable.

2 Likes

So let’s make sure this is clear:

Simple scoring that players understand and can do their own math = thousands of support tickets because of calculation errors.

Solution?

Don’t fix the errors, just prevent the players from doing their own math.

2 Likes

math raccoon

2 Likes

It’s weird how much this “they need to focus on fixing issues” gets repeated when they spent something like a month fixing server issues then another month fixing guild wars issues and as a result we’ve only gotten a couple of updates all year. Should they have gone with only one update for 8 months of the year? Do you really think people would be happy with that?

1 Like

well weve gotten a “gw” update now…