Guild Wars Scoring Exploit

Good thing I decided to hold back all my battles to see how things shape up (not that I had time to play them this morning anyhow😉), we still have 40% the Guild waiting as well…

1 Like

Just want to correct this - no-one in mean machine has discovered/exploited how to get super high scores

1 Like

Possibly he means someone from Black Dragon which I was in some time ago(?)

Ah, I see, sorry!

highest 5 battle score in black dragon is just over 8000. so there have been no unusual scores in our guild

4 Likes

Hi stripy, good to see you! Hope ure doing good over there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I had you confused with DemonOrAngel. Sorry!

Ah, no worries.

And not to mention my friends name he showed me on his home console that he scored 5/0 with getting 15,000 points on GW 1st day back. And I really hope they do not think this system is improved. This will mean some very outlandish scores being handed out compared to what was intended. Now I’m not sure I want to do GW … lol. I honestly had no issues with it before. Though I can see and understand the points others made for correction. Now with what I know of the new GW and what can be done. Not sure I want to play…

i understand devs concerns about “bug reports with wrong calculations”

but i think keeping gw scoring rules hidden/unclear is worst possible choice
the scoring aspect of gw is made for competitive players and they do need clear rules, casuals have other game modes but gw was suppose to be designed more for the competitive ppl at least partially - now its for neither?

• it neither makes the casual players happy coz of the still competitive and mandatory nature
  • nor it makes the competitive players happy as they CANNOT really compete :sweat_smile:

we have a repetition of the “unclear bracketing” times…

7 Likes

Sirrian explained why, thousands of support tickets.

We think it’s buggy, but since we don’t know how it’s supposed to work we can’t file a bug report.

yeah i know why, it simply shouldnt be made so complex to be able to generate this many support tickets to begin with - look at the way they solved the “unclear bracketing issue” - by simplifying the system.

the gw points should be also simplified to the point it wont generate failed math tickets and that will stay completely clear

advancing it to be too complex is simply a wrong direction

3 Likes

I thought the last scoring system was pretty simple. yet that gave them hundreds of support tickets with math errors. This new system is far more complex. Plenty of places for people to make errors if they knew the actual formula.

1 Like

GW is not a mandatory part of the game. No one HAS to do it to progress. If you’re in a guild that requires it, well, there are plenty of guilds that don’t. Self-imposing the ‘mandatory’ nature of GW is of one’s own choosing, not the game forcing them to do so.

You may not like the choices, but they are in fact choices.

4 Likes

actually you have to do it to progress currently
you are forgertting about the gw troops which are rewarded there

also not doing gw and doing gw gives the same difference as joining or not joining active guild - ofc guild in theory also is not mandatory

but it has a “mandatory nature”

1 Like

Again, that mandatory nature is self-imposed because you feel you have to when you don’t. Already several highly active guilds with no GW requirement. From all the complaining I’d bet there will be a few more over the coming weeks no longer requiring it.

As for GW troops, they’ll be in guild chests at some point. Save your seals :wink:

1 Like

when the gw troops go into the chest we can talk about loosing the mandatory nature, not for now

1 Like

@Saltypatra this is broken yes?

4 Likes

4-1 and scored 12k. I feel like :poop:. Lol.

6 Likes

This is on console. I haven’t seen anything like this on pc/mobile. Also the same person only got 4K points for their second day so it looks like a bug.