Guild Wars, Point-Scoring for Battles, and You!

Which is exactly what was predicted by several people in the preview topic…

With the lack of clarity regarding the scoring system I am very tempted to just take my super efficient PVP to aim at getting the win in under 30 actions and ignore the color bonus and all the other unclear storing factors…

7 Likes

Green? Today’s colour is yellow.

Go for it! Please report back here how it performed.

4 Likes

It’s green on PS4.

3 Likes

Oh, I did; my main pvp team has only one yellow troop, and I used it on the five GW fights. And my total score after five super-efficient and quick fights was less than 6000 points :joy:

So don’t do it, believe me; keep using colored teams.

7 Likes

Excellent idea i may just do the same

1 Like

Won 1st fight with 4 uniques brown and got 1635pts then 3rd fight with also 4x brown but only 2 unique brown and got ~1400pts. Is there a penalty for not using 4 uniques troops of the good colour?

So, any pointers what you want us to show? It seems that a “good” player losing one of the fights is able to score better than another “good” player winning all fights, for details unknown. I can show you a puzzled expression, or maybe a good shoulder shrug. I can’t show you how this is supposed to keep the top brackets competitive, with results being this arbitrary.

5 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks! (Why they use a different colour sequence between PC and console, I’ll never know. Maybe each system just randomly shuffles each week.)

To be fair i told everyone that would happen if the point system was changed and everyone said i was stupid… Jus’ sayin’

2 Likes

I won 5/0, 8745 points and I’m not happy because this new scoring system doesn’t make any sense for me. I just don’t understand. Almost identical battle where enemy only get less than 3 turn and I got almost same number of turn scored completely differently. I mean how can we even craft a good team and strategy if we don’t even know what we should be focused on to max our point. Heck we don’t even know what’s max points possible.

We shouldn’t be punished for taking 4/5 gem matches. We shouldn’t be punished over cascade and skydrops that’s beyond our control.

19 Likes

This scoring system is aweful, rewarding for all the wrong things, and limiting the useful troops in GW even more than before. Now you absolutely have to use braindead faceroll troops with maximum damage potential… Finesse troops, troops with board manipulation without dealing damage at the same time, technical gameplay for extraturns and control, all that gets heavily punished by this system, rather idiotic imho. The old system at least left it up to me how i wanted to achieve my wins.
A huge donwgrade.

13 Likes

Here it is!

5 Likes

I feel like this “detailed” scoring description was pulled from Al Capones vault, this is what we were weighting for? But @Sirrian is right, if we don’t know how the scores are calculated, we can’t complain to support about them being wrong. And based on the bugs in the previous bracketing calculations, or even in the OP speed bonus without the weightings, I’m sure we have nothing to worry about. :grimacing:

Very disappointed…

8 Likes

Hahahaha, made it even worse XD

2 Likes

averaged 1500 per win for the 4 first games, got over 2500 for the last game. such a huge variance in points and i didn’t feel like i played better, i guess i just got luckier with the board.

2 Likes

Can you describe your last game? Was it super fast? What team did you use? Did you dominate against a one-troop defense? More data about that score (the highest reported in this thread) would be helpful.

Point system seems totally arbitrary and really taints the GW experience. All this will do is aid the guilds already taking advantage of point boosting through alliances and sister guilds. This needs to be removed ASAP.

3 Likes

Here is my only constuctive thought…
junk, junk, junk, junk .lmao :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

This reminds me a lot of the initial bracket system, where it was completely arbitrary from a player perspective whether your guild got promoted or demoted. Now we know which placement moves you between brackets, at the cost of no longer knowing how to place. I suspect this will cause quite a bit of unhappiness in the first bracket, the established guilds that have been spending a lot of effort competing for the top three ranks might as well find themselves kicked to a lower bracket, no matter what they do.

2 Likes