Guild Wars - (Mini) Sneak Peek IV

Dallas isn’t bad.

Dulles, O’Hare, Atlanta. Those are the ones I really hate.

Can we not talk about airports in the guild wars preview topic?

4 Likes

It’s quite relevant, as 5/5 meaning 50% or 100% are two very different things. If this is a locale-specific issue of Australia vs. America (Canada), I’d suggest doing something clearer like 5W2L or something else like different colours, additional columns (with columns), or at bare minimum adding a legend. As designed and shown in the screenshot, this will be totally counter-intuitive for new players who are used to this meaning something totally different. So reducing confusion (and forum questions, and support tickets) is almost always a better idea (the POLA rule).

As for the airport conversations, totally agree (since I don’t want to mute this thread in case real/relevant posts are made).

1 Like

I’m with @efh313 on the use of ‘/’ or ‘-’ in numbers. Agree same interpretation in English English too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All the other preview topics were side tracked, and this sidetrack is kinda relevant to the devs. And Sirrian wrote a huge travel nightmare post! Lol

Which reminds me, Sirrian travels often to LAX, has he tried the awesone sandwich shop squid ink? It was rated one of the top 100 air port food places, and it’s cheap.

1 Like

Adana still needs more troops. I was thinking a “Qintus” (sic, avoid all the lawyers), looking like a monstrous giant metal koala bear, and with a spell that randomly shuffles all enemy troops, destroys the last row, then entangles the front and drains all mana from the back.

1 Like

as an european, the 4-1 is totally readable for me, and the 4/1 totally not readable

perhaps the “-” used in scoring is not european, in Poland we use a “:” instead - but in comparison to “/” there is just heaven and hell of missunderstanding
the reason for confusion is: the “x/y” is used to indicate “x of y” as if y - is the maximum while x is the actual number… that is a universal standard used in math, isnt it?

4 Likes

Could you perhaps allow people to speak their minds on a sidetrack conversation with developers? It doesn’t take away from what you have to say about the preview.

But it keeps spaming the official post with new messages, which sends notification to all forum users. Those who are interested in finding out more information about guild wars will come to see has anything else been said about it.

I dont mind people talking about anythig really, but in a forum where you can open a new topic considering airports with just 2 clicks, and discuss it there, is it really necessary to discuss that in an official topic? I wouldnt mind it being sidetracked anywhere else, i would just skip those topics. But in a topic thats important to probably decent amount of players (me included) new notification that have nothing to do about the topics actual purpose leaves me feeling very bad when i come to read and see nothing of which i expected to see.

6 Likes

It’s a screen shot of the summary screen. And we still managed to discus how we don’t like the number arrangement.

It’s nice to have friendly real life chats with the devs, I hope it makes working on this a little less like work for them, and for us more than just a game to play.

2 Likes

Ugh, I can’t wait. Please, I wanna play ASAP :smiley:

10 Likes

Or is that Guild Wars Snek Peek V?

2 Likes