Guild Wars Ideas

ah, excuse me, i didn’t read the title correctly :disappointed_relieved:

@Nimhain

since you made a step into making gw less stressful
i have one question:

will you be considering / talking with the staff about possibility of:
changing gw schedule to allow players have saturday/sunday free?

my proposition:
monday - preparations & registration
tuesday - war1 & war2 (10 gw attack points given)
wednesday - war3 & war4 (10 gw attack points given, 20 in total)
thursday - nothing new happens
friday - war5 & war6 (10 gw attack points given, 30 in total)
saturday - nothing new happens
sunday - last day of gw

[details=alternative]monday - preparations & registration
tuesday - war1 & war2 (10 gw attack points given)
wednesday - war3 (5 gw attack points given, 15 in total)
thursday - war4 (5 gw attack points given, 20 in total)
friday - war5 & war6 (10 gw attack points given, 30 in total)
saturday - nothing new happens
sunday - last day of gw[/details]

it would be 3 intensive days for those who wants to do it ‘daily’
and for those who dont - could do all the fights at friday and would still have 2 days left of weekend that they could forget about gw

ps. sorry for necro but i didnt feel like starting another gw thread while there was nothing addressing directly the subject (that wouldnt get lost in the overall balance complaints), i felt this was the closest - if it wasnt - my bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of having multiple wars on a single day. I prefer having just the 5 fights on one day. After that, I can build and practice teams for the next day.

I’d rather they change from 6 days of wars to 5 days of wars so that people can have Sunday off.

2 Likes

yup, seems like a sensible idea. maybe a break in the middle of the week rather than 2 consecutive days at the end/beginning?

Quick idea on flexibility inGW from another thread.

i think having 2 days off at the end of week is more important, you know:

• free weekend
  • more ‘extra’ time reserved to actually do the fights if something unexpected happens by the end of week,

gotta consder how much time you actually have to do the last 5 battles

• if only 1 free day at weekend it would be 2 days,
  • but if 2 days free the time possible to do that battle would be 3 days which is much more casual

i understand and i know it may not be very ‘comfortable’
it may mean that getting exp bonus (and fake seals) would require more dedicated and less casual play - but is that a bad thing? its a bonus reward why not make it less casual while making whole gw more casual instead?

it makes some sense but i think it wouldnt be good enough, i dont really like loosing any guild war attacks (less gw content) plus i think just 1 ‘spare’ day would not be enough to make gw fit with players ‘life’ like gow used to

Suggestion for rework/addition to:

Guild War points-rewarding and bracketing system:

Points addition:

• Add +1000 gw points to the guild’s total score for each daily win
  • at the weekly reset assign “extra points” to each guild - the points are equal to reversed rank of each guild in the guild ranking from before the reset (example: if there were 2381 guilds competing, the 1st guild gets 2381 ‘extra points’ and the last guild in ranking gets 1 extra point)
  • the extra points are given to a player for each attack victory - he gets the points that were assigned to the guild he/she defeated, the points are added flat after all % bonuses

Bracketing:

• bracketing done stricty depending on the guild war points accumulated, no hidden criteria

side note: i know top guild would get less points but they can still win all daily wars and stay on top, the difference in extra points within one brackets are only 9 points at most

1 Like

This feels far too complicated…

Agree that bonus points for winning on the day could be included.

simplifying it gives a bit of points depending on the position of guild you defeated
defeating higher ranked guild = more points,
i think the idea is not too complicated when you look at it this way, and since system will assign those points players wont need to think about it ?

and the difference in points between few ranks or even few brackets is small, while ensuring too high bracket jump will also not be possible :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t really care if it’s simple or complicated, just make it transparent…

2 Likes

picked a nice idea that could be added once we get better team slot management / more team slots:

could greatly increase guild wars defense team variety :slight_smile:

1 Like

Daily battles with color bonus are too exhausting.
Maybe take that part away and GW wouldnt be so stressful.

I like that, it makes you use different troops on offence anyway. I want to have a pool of 25 from 30 though. It allows for hols and breaks.

@Saltypatra one question:

could unity engine make possible the below solution? (just the possibility, not asking if you impolement it, i know you cant promise anything)

anyway if its possible, here is the idea:

• give all 30 guild war energy at tuesday
  • keep separate points scores for “total gw points against x guild” and “daily gw points against x guild”
  • add the points to the “total” any time player does their fights, but add them to the “daily” only if the player does the fight on the appropriate day
  • add some warning to the [Proceed To Next Guild] button if player wants to move to a war corresponding to future days
1 Like