Guild Wars Ideas

It would be motivating if it were possible to climb the ladder through hard work. Spherix is saying that if the players in legacy guilds are able to pull further away from the next tier of players (no matter how hard those players work), then it would be demotivating.

I think a tier-based system would be fine for something like this, so older established guilds can compete against similar guilds and smaller or newer guilds can do likewise. An organized and hard-working guild should be able to gradually work up through the tiers. My initial point was that at the upper end of the console pool, there are pretty wide disparities. SBG, in particular, doesn’t really have any peers. Misguided Misfits and Moshi Monsters are probably a pretty good match, but beyond that?

I think I’m going to step back from this now since I don’t have anything positive to contribute.

1 Like

There’s a cap to everything though. And I disagree hard work doesn’t pay off, otherwise I would be in a very different situation.

I dont see guild wars being particularly competitive as you are still only playing the AI. Not overly keen on the idea.

Might be fun if you had to run a gauntlet of a guilds members and once you die a guildmate must pick up the baton and continue the fight.

2 Likes

Here my contribution (I hope someone read it :wink: )

• The money of the unfinished guild task won’t be shared among guild members, this money will go to a chest guild, and the master will be able to waste it

• Leveling is quite useless, so, I propouse to get a new reward: there will be shown 3 troops (like before in the game) and you’ll choose one of them, with a 10% chance to get a legendary or higher troop. This way the people will play much more.

• Arena: now it’s a boring gamemode and the rewards doesn’t worth playing 8 hard and unfair battles. Change it all, better rewards, more special rules (or troops)… I don’t know, but something mut be done here.

• Less weekly troops and more new gamemodes and minigames:

Dungeon mode: successive battles with your team, your team is only partialy healed after every battle. At the end of a battle you’ll have various options, going deeper in the dungeon, some options will be more battles, other campments to heal the team, other the treasure chamber… at the end you fight aginst the dungeon master, with a great rewards if yuo win. You can withdraw at any moment with your loot before this :grin:

Championship mode: your team fight battle after battle, the reward double every time, the final stage is a super mega team made with special troops like mega Gorgotha :fearful: The rewards will be over all traitstones, a lot of the if you win…

Puzzle mode: in all the puzzle quest there was various puzzle mode, why not here?¿? maybe puzzle aleatory generated by the game engine (it’s possible?)

• The Soul/glory Merchant: a shop that brigns you powerful staff like mithic troops, celestial traitstones… etc with these resources, the more you pay, better things will give you.

• Market between players, to change excess troops or traitstones (I know you’ll never do that but just in case…)

By now nothing more…

Some good ideas in there, but not really anything related to the topic at hand: Guild Wars

It was mentioned that the Guardians would play an important role. It very well could be a sort of boss battle where you’re attacking the enemy’s statues, each person gets two attacks, and it’s who can do the most damage. However, I’d worry that they would get repetitive if the Guardians have the same mechanic every time. My assumption has been that you get some kind of bonus for using a Guardian in your team (or maybe even must use one).

I really like the idea of forcing the guild to break up into smaller teams in order to tackle different fronts of the War. That’s something Marvel Contest of Champions does and it adds in a cool extra layer of strategy.

1 Like

ah, excuse me, i didn’t read the title correctly :disappointed_relieved:

@Nimhain

since you made a step into making gw less stressful
i have one question:

will you be considering / talking with the staff about possibility of:
changing gw schedule to allow players have saturday/sunday free?

my proposition:
monday - preparations & registration
tuesday - war1 & war2 (10 gw attack points given)
wednesday - war3 & war4 (10 gw attack points given, 20 in total)
thursday - nothing new happens
friday - war5 & war6 (10 gw attack points given, 30 in total)
saturday - nothing new happens
sunday - last day of gw

[details=alternative]monday - preparations & registration
tuesday - war1 & war2 (10 gw attack points given)
wednesday - war3 (5 gw attack points given, 15 in total)
thursday - war4 (5 gw attack points given, 20 in total)
friday - war5 & war6 (10 gw attack points given, 30 in total)
saturday - nothing new happens
sunday - last day of gw[/details]

it would be 3 intensive days for those who wants to do it ‘daily’
and for those who dont - could do all the fights at friday and would still have 2 days left of weekend that they could forget about gw

ps. sorry for necro but i didnt feel like starting another gw thread while there was nothing addressing directly the subject (that wouldnt get lost in the overall balance complaints), i felt this was the closest - if it wasnt - my bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of having multiple wars on a single day. I prefer having just the 5 fights on one day. After that, I can build and practice teams for the next day.

I’d rather they change from 6 days of wars to 5 days of wars so that people can have Sunday off.

2 Likes

yup, seems like a sensible idea. maybe a break in the middle of the week rather than 2 consecutive days at the end/beginning?

Quick idea on flexibility inGW from another thread.

i think having 2 days off at the end of week is more important, you know:

• free weekend
  • more ‘extra’ time reserved to actually do the fights if something unexpected happens by the end of week,

gotta consder how much time you actually have to do the last 5 battles

• if only 1 free day at weekend it would be 2 days,
  • but if 2 days free the time possible to do that battle would be 3 days which is much more casual

i understand and i know it may not be very ‘comfortable’
it may mean that getting exp bonus (and fake seals) would require more dedicated and less casual play - but is that a bad thing? its a bonus reward why not make it less casual while making whole gw more casual instead?

it makes some sense but i think it wouldnt be good enough, i dont really like loosing any guild war attacks (less gw content) plus i think just 1 ‘spare’ day would not be enough to make gw fit with players ‘life’ like gow used to

Suggestion for rework/addition to:

Guild War points-rewarding and bracketing system:

Points addition:

• Add +1000 gw points to the guild’s total score for each daily win
  • at the weekly reset assign “extra points” to each guild - the points are equal to reversed rank of each guild in the guild ranking from before the reset (example: if there were 2381 guilds competing, the 1st guild gets 2381 ‘extra points’ and the last guild in ranking gets 1 extra point)
  • the extra points are given to a player for each attack victory - he gets the points that were assigned to the guild he/she defeated, the points are added flat after all % bonuses

Bracketing:

• bracketing done stricty depending on the guild war points accumulated, no hidden criteria

side note: i know top guild would get less points but they can still win all daily wars and stay on top, the difference in extra points within one brackets are only 9 points at most

1 Like

This feels far too complicated…

Agree that bonus points for winning on the day could be included.

simplifying it gives a bit of points depending on the position of guild you defeated
defeating higher ranked guild = more points,
i think the idea is not too complicated when you look at it this way, and since system will assign those points players wont need to think about it ?

and the difference in points between few ranks or even few brackets is small, while ensuring too high bracket jump will also not be possible :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t really care if it’s simple or complicated, just make it transparent…

2 Likes

picked a nice idea that could be added once we get better team slot management / more team slots:

could greatly increase guild wars defense team variety :slight_smile:

1 Like

Daily battles with color bonus are too exhausting.
Maybe take that part away and GW wouldnt be so stressful.

I like that, it makes you use different troops on offence anyway. I want to have a pool of 25 from 30 though. It allows for hols and breaks.

@Saltypatra one question:

could unity engine make possible the below solution? (just the possibility, not asking if you impolement it, i know you cant promise anything)

anyway if its possible, here is the idea:

• give all 30 guild war energy at tuesday
  • keep separate points scores for “total gw points against x guild” and “daily gw points against x guild”
  • add the points to the “total” any time player does their fights, but add them to the “daily” only if the player does the fight on the appropriate day
  • add some warning to the [Proceed To Next Guild] button if player wants to move to a war corresponding to future days
1 Like