Guild Wars (delayed) & New Event System (incoming)

But I was dressing them up for war (not theit first born brother but the guild war). Now they are looking angry at me. Plague is sick of waiting and Famine is refusing to eat until we get it!

6 Likes

I think it’s hilarious, but I’m also slightly drunk right now

How exactly will guild wars work anyway? Is it literally one guild versus another guild? Or, is it meant for everyone in a guild to fight one another, like a King of the Mountain style of play?

Nobody but the devs know for sure and it sounds like even they are still deciding. :slight_smile:

For me it seems like something where Mean Machine will kick Hoguns butt. . :imp:

4 Likes

1 Like

Maybe show that to the families of the 3000 people that died in that attack and see if they think its funny.

Maybe show that to the thousands that still suffer today from PTSD from that attack and see if they think its funny.

Sorry to be a downer on this thread but people need to pull their head out of their ass before posting stupid stuff like that.

2 Likes

I am fairly certain that a good share of those families would laugh about it. It’s been 15 years pal… relax. Let’s not derail this thread though, if you feel there’s still a need to argue the insensitivity out of me, send me a pm…

…so I can happily ignore it.

3 Likes

Wow, you really are a piece of work. No I don’t need to send a PM, Im done with you.

And yeah you are right, 15 years is the exact amount of time to make fun of 911 and the people that died. Even less time than it took to make fun of the Holocaust. I wonder if we can break the record and make fun of the killings in Syria in even less time!

1 Like

Only time can tell

Anyone has any ideas how guild wars could work? I hope it wont be a grinding fest like everything in the game, but it cant be about skill either because You win over 90% of the battles?

2 Likes

The devs haven’t given any details yet.

If you can tell a joke about a tragedy, then it means that you have healed completely from that tragedy. Terrorists want to cause terror, or fear. So as long as we laugh while the world burns our enemies will always be at a loss.

Now onto the important bit: We have had events before, usually around using the event troop, so the way i see it is the event system would be an extension of what we have already seen. As to how they intend to expand on what was already shown, that is for the devs to know, and for us to theorize about. I can’t wait to see how this is going to play out.

3 Likes

Arena rewards getting a bump!!! I am beyond excited! It will be a difficult wait for this patch…

1 Like

Therein lies the problem with the patch, how are they going to balance the rewards for both early and late game?

By simple basing it on player level? Level 200 gets 200% multiplier. Level 1000 gets 1000% multiplier. Level 356 gets 356% of base reward. And anyone below level 100 just gets normal value.
Sound simale enough to me.

3 Likes

Yes from the outset, this does sound simple. From a coding standpoint it seems more complicated. The way i see as you have described it is
check for x
if x is true activate y
This is simple, except that you would have to do this for every level. I am used to minecraft logic gates, and coding from command blocks, so coding might be harder or simpler than that for adobe air.

Logic is easy. Balancing an economy is hard.

That’s just the thing, not everyone is completely healed. 9/11 will forever haunt those involved. It will stay with them for the rest of their lives. All of the rescuers… those that have lost people they love… those that experienced it and watched the towers fall.

To poke fun at a tragedy like that is insensitive. It is a slap in the face to those people that experienced the worst day of their lives. We as a country may have healed and moved forward, but there are people still affected by this. It’s not funny in the slightest. People need to be respectful for that day in our history.

We experienced a great loss that day. One that should never be forgotten or laughed about.

I hope that picture gets removed and our posts deleted as if this never happened. Disgraceful.

Back on point, I’m not excited for guild wars if it’s competitive. I’ve never been into that stuff. Which is why I’m excited for the event system

The arena desperately needs a buff so I’m glad to hear that’s coming !

2 Likes

That is why i am wonder how they will pull it off, it is a great feat for sure, and i am worried about it, from both a programming perspective, and an economical one.