Guild Wars Change Suggestions

That’s an argument for changing the scoring method actually.

I’ve argued elsewhere for flat points per GW battle, with the difficulty going up for each one.

I like guild wars and I like that it is no easy quest… and it should be no easy quest… guild wars is for the guild and not for individuals.

• the whole guild should count

• Monday as rest and prepare day is ok

Many People are not happy with the rewards, why not pay into a bracket-pot on monday, which pays out at the end of the week, multiplied be the successful days won. The first in the bracket gets the most rewards the last one gets nothing or just a bit. So every bracket can have individual gem, gold, glory rewards, and if you are in a low bracket, with 7 inactive guilds you can spend much and win much, with higher brackets it will become tougher by it self.

• ressource pots for every bracket

With weekly buffs included, like it is, you just face every week often the same teams.
I think some people cry too fast, if they are not able to find a counter Team

• I would not limit the number of same cards in a team, but I would support a defense color bonus raising defense stats and a stat-Bonus for different defense cards.
1 Like

Just a few of my cents. Just ideas, no solutions:

• Incentives to diversify defense teams (perhaps, follow same rules as offense?)
  • More variety in offense bonus points. Limit to a few kingdoms, race/type alliances, mixed colors, ultra rare highest base rarity, max 1 of each rarity, each mana color only once, exclude color(s). Hell I would even very much like it if once in a while guild wars would be Arena style. Just a few ideas from the top of my mind. And probably some ideas lingered from reading here earlier.
  • Only count Top 25 - 27 players. It’s hard enough to start each week with 30.
  • Brackets of 7. You all get to play each other.
  • Play matches any time before the end of the guild wars week (or weeks). Don’t give daily victory bonus each day but rewards at the end of the week.
4 Likes

Why would the difficulty increase if the points do not

I don’t really have the solutions, but I do know this. Forcing us to use mono-color decks is counter productive. It promotes finding the cheesiest decks for each color and playing that.

I suggest making rotating rules, sort of like how the event week makes different troops more powerful each week.

I like how Hearthstone does Arena… The rules can be crazy, sometimes it’s constructed decks, some times it’s preconstructed decks… Sometimes you get to use cards you dont have… Something like that would be fun.

During your play testing, ask your self this “Does playing guildwars seem like a full time job”… If the answer is yes, then try something else. I’m glad you stopped it. It was fun the first few weeks, but it because monotonous and unfun.

I liked Guild Wars, however the main issues I see with it is that only the largest guilds who have been sitting in the top 10 are dominiting GW. Say what you want but the top spots are damn near impossible to reach if you are a smaller guild. Fubar Snafu is in the 140 bracket and we’ve been pretty much holding the mid 80’s for the past several weeks. We go up and down but pretty much stay in the same spot.

I think you need to find a different way to do the rewards system. Honestly the biggest thing that I think that needs to be done is kill the statue percentage bonus and put all guilds on the same playing field. To be brutally honest I doubt very much if my guild will ever have the same bonuses that they currently have. They have the man power and have the sway to have players who are extremely active to where a lot of us have players who still think if this as a game to go have fun for a bit then log off and do something else. Because of that these top guild will always take the top spots which isn’t a true a match up, its simply a larger guild with more bonuses applying it’s might.

What about the lower lvl players? If they can’t beat a soldier forcing them to fight the paragon is cruel! Better they try to beat another soldier! (Like it is right now)

1 Like

Removing my suggestion.

I would suggest just poaching the guild wars system from Summoner’s War (this disgustingly cash grabby game that actually did guild wars correctly). Allow people to choose who they fight in the war (stronger players will be more inclined to fight stronger enemies to allow lower levels to fight low levels), and the more you defeat an enemy, the less they are worth. A player cannot repeat to attack the same defense. This allows everybody to contribute and it still forces you to fight every defense an equal number of times (to maximize points for your guild).

3 Likes

I’m reading most of the suggestion and I’m like “gods it’s bad enough already, please, just leave it as it is”.

Just give us a separate battle log and up the rewards. And please please please don’t add any more restrictions or complications!

8 Likes

Thank you @Versheenah one of the few voices of reason around here

2 Likes

I think you mean it forces you to use cards you otherwise wouldnt… So it requires effort and planning which is too much to ask i assume…

2 Likes

HI,
Here’s a suggestion :
Guild war defence teams aren’t affected by weekly buffs。
ALL I can see defence teams are PSION+FAMINE or WEEKLY BUFF TEAM ,it’s Boring ,Disgusting !

What I want to see is that there is a place for players to BULIT defence teams.
Hope to see the change !

I see way more Justice teams every week then all other combos combined! I think if you get rid of the 25% and 50% buff all you will see is Justice! When Famine gets nerfed again I think psion team will be worthless! I have zero problems with that team myself! I would like to see daily winner either go away or add a participation award where if you do your battle you get a reward! Maybe make sentinels cheaper for lower level players because if you are lower level you are never going to level them because you will not see a return! Mabe for top players you still have 340 gems to max everything while if you are just starting maybe it costs you 100 to max it! Like to see the rewards closer together like 1st…1500…2nd…1250…3rd…1000…4th…750…5th…500…6th-10th…400…11-15…300…16-20…200 and so on!

1 Like

I feel like these are conflicting requests. I think everyone wants to see more variety in defense teams, but the current AI plays so poorly that I’m having trouble imagining mono-color defense teams that would actually put up a good fight.

4 Likes

Exactly! :slight_smile:

I know you are kidding!

I replied something similar over in the other thread, so reposting it here since it ended up being more feedback on the system than I initially intended. In short, forcing defense teams to use the War’s colour might not be addressing the underlying issue.

1 Like

I think you’ve made a lot of really good counter-points to the prevailing sentiments here. If it goes too easy then it becomes stagnate in the opposite direction and also isn’t fun.

I’m definitely curious to hear ideas about how to solve the meta problem in an easy/simple way.

The reason its bad now is that is overly simple. If we want it to be better, some of the mechanics will need to be more complex.