Guild Wars Change Suggestions

Could you maybe think about making guild wars seasonal? So that there would be a 2 or more week in between the seasons? I like gw and all but it’ll be nice to just have a week or two off every now and then without having to leave the guild, ya know :smile:

2 Likes

I echo the suggestion that somehow we limit the cookie cutter/griefing teams. I’m so tired of the cookie cutter teams. So little variety, I’d kill for taking on teams with actual creative thought behind them.

3 Likes

It is a polarizing mode, reducing it to 4-5 days per week and 25-27 participants allows some level of flexibility for guilds and it’s members.

Sentinels and rewards, they need to be reworked, there is no incentive for guilds outside of Bracket 1 to do particularly well as they get the same resources regardless of where they finish.

9 Likes

Complete all would be good, or even like they do the troop leveling up now. Where you can click the arrows right or left to select what level you want to level up to.

2 Likes

Maybe if we cant use duplicate troops for attack or defense

1 Like

That would be great

I really enjoy the challenge of guildwars as it is now with my only issue being the repitive nature - getting matched versus the same teams every match.

That said, I’m level 950 and I’m usually in one of the top 3 catergories so I have lots of extra stats and it’s rarely that hard. I know that some of the lower level guildmate find it a lot harder and less fun. It’s one thing when I’m going up against chars of about the same stats but it’s another when you’re in the lowest rank and and you’re going up against someone who’s level 1000 and has psion faminex2 + death. I expect it feels like being fed into a woodchipper. And even if they win it’s nice but it doesn’t feel epic and the rewards aren’t great.

My suggestions:
A bit curveball - reverse the stat gain when attacking. So that when attacking the lower your rank the better your stats. This would make for a better experience for the lower level players, and would make it more likely that the ranks would change every week, which would be interesting in of itself. Failing this just remove the stat differences.
Increase the reward when a player beats a much higher level team. Or just increase it if you beat someone in a higher rank than you. This would make it feel better if you struggle though and beat that horrible level 1000 pfdf defence. This could be tricky to stop people trying to game the system but with some thought I am sure it could be done.

3 Likes

Each time a player wins a Guild Wars fight, give that player one copy of the weekly Guild Wars troop. It takes 190 troops to ascend from Common to Mythic, there’s currently six of these troops with more in the queue, so even winning all fights for half a year wouldn’t get those troops maxed out without additional help. Possibly reduce some of the end-of-the-week rewards to compensate.

8 Likes

Only results of the top 27 should count, so the guild wont be penalized if someone leaves or take a break for some days.
I dont like the idea of color defense, maybe 4 - 5 different defense team required in a week, so you can use your Beast / demon / event and then you have to think up something different.
I think that in schedule page you can see your opponent guild only when your are facing the guild, and you are required to set your defense team the previous day.

1 Like

I wish you could play all of guild wars in a single day. My schedule is already so packed. It’d be nice to be able to take the night off without losing seals.

5 Likes

Ok. I liked GW. These things would make it better though imo:

1. release all battles available for play from the reset on. Although daily completion wasn’t part of my guild’s raw I always felt the urge to do so. Daily victory seals can be given at the end of the week then. Most preferably before reset. So make Sunday rest day fe.

2. a loss shouldn’t deny you from the paragon battle. If you lose, no pts for that battle and then move on to the next rank.

3 make reqs for defense teams as the variety is indeed very low amongst those teams

5 Likes

I love the idea of the Auto Complete AI of the rest of the fights.

Soo many want the top 27ish to count. With the Auto Complete fights, give it to last 30min even of the day, and then the system locks you out of GW fights, and will auto finish all the remaining fights for the day. This way, even if the lower level players want to help, but are getting destroyed, they can not fight, and the AI will do it for them. Means they dont have the moral destroyed for being crushed, but it helps the guild still.
This also helps with burn out, as if you dont want to fight, you dont have to, but the guild wont be penalised for it.

Have set attack teams. You can set the following days team for attack and defence.

I love the idea of the event troops bonus not counting in the GW fights. It gets too OP, and if you cant make a team with that 50% bonus for that colour for that day, you end up getting beaten and it sours GW totally.

Increase bracket rewards. Maybe an added % to make it worthwhile to try more to win the bracket. Moving up isnt always a good idea lol. And tbh Bracket 3 and Bracket 5 get the same rewards currently. Why try and move up to harder teams, when you get 0 extra bonus, infact you end up with less, as you have less daily wins. Each daily win, for 30 active members, is another 1500 seals for the guild. You win 4 days, Thats like having 4 extra players in there instantly, making the 40k seals even easier to achieve.

Make defence teams have colour days as well. Not the same, so its a Blue team v Blue team. But like Blue v Red. Then Green v Purple etc. That way the teams people make will be varied for def as well as for attack. It also gives people an idea on how other teams will fight when restricted to a colour bonus.

1 Like

Limit the number of times a specific troop can be used in a GW defense team per week, or defense team also should be restricted to colors, or remove the weekly buff from defense teams… One of that choices should be enough.

“Complete all” button for the sentinels

Only count the top 25 scores for the week. This will allow guilds a little flexibility with players that can’t play every day.

Reward system must be changed. 50 seals is not really rewarding…

Thanks…

From a behavioral psychology point of view, GoW is a perfect game built around random positive reinforcements. Form the shortest scale with random gem cascades, to the short scale of winning a battle and getting a random reward, to the medium timeframe of collecting tributes, and so on.

But Guild War was the only system in the game with a random negative feedback.
You could lose a battle due to bad luck, and that battle would stay lost permanently. In ranked battles you lost points that could be gained back, in explore you lose only the time it took to make the battle, in arena you can almost alway make back the investment, in treasure hunt the maps are easily replaceable. But in GW you only get one chance for each battle.

That’s what makes it frustrating. Random negative feedback is the worst feedback you can possibly give to a player. It’s been proven more effective at changing behavior than constant negative feedback, that’s how frustrating it is.

How to correct this? It’s hard to do with small changes, but something may alleviate the frustration in the short term.

Have every war two weeks long, with only your best half of battles counting for you points, to alleviate the rng factor. Or keep the war one week long, but give every player six battle tickets (energy or what did you call it) per day, to allow for a random defeat.

In the long term, you should seriously consider redesigning it. Ask yourself if there’s place in the game form something that could hurt the player permanently, an investment in time that nets a negative reward. Because there’s no such a thing everywhere else other than in Guild War.
And for a good reason.

9 Likes

Just something I thought of when reading others’ comments and not sure if it would work or not: Maybe like attack teams, defense teams could be rewarded for featuring the color of the day? If the bonus for doing so was great enough maybe that would encourage variety?

1 Like

*Definitely have a Battle Log specifically for GW defense.
*Everybody should count, not just the top x amount. The better guilds will have more consistent players.
*Rework the scoring system.
*Dont allow multiples of the same card.
*balance the matchups so lower-level players don’t get discouraged

• better rewards for sentinels and winning.

I’ll put my 2 cents in too

1. Ability to do all GW battles on the first day but still have a daily reward so people who can’t play everyday still benefit if they complete all battles before the actual day
  2. Sentinels cost needs reworking relative to the rewards so that players are incentivised to spend on sentinels
  3. Agree with the Top 25 scores counting as some people aren’t able to play on a daily basis. This may not be a popular choice amongst top level players but most of the player base are casual so maybe make it compulsory for 30 member scores for just the top 5 brackets who seem to be the most competitive then 25 for every guild below. Like someone else said seals are like this so why not GW points
  4. Don’t make defense teams compulsory to be a specific colour or multiple cards, instead incentivise variety so a defense team that is different every day or all a same colour gets a small points bonus regardless of whether they win or lose plus no 50% event stat buffs in GW, make it 25% max instead to promote the use of them but leave the 50% for PVP
  5. Agree with sentinel bonuses scaling in reverse so low level players get more of a stat boost
  6. Also agree with having a 24 hour Gold Boost for the daily win or even having a choice between XP or Gold boost, would encourage more participation as lower level guilds and members will have more gold to spend on tasks or maybe free scouting for 24 hours as would encourage players to become VIP once they have tried it as that is one of the more useful VIP perks
4 Likes

Bring back console gw immediately! Unless you can promise a fixed gw patch in two weeks, which you cant.

you think GW is the only think to change? The weekly event system is an horror, the +50% bonus is a insanity… etc.

There’s lots of things they can change, and none of it will be changed on console in two weeks.

The biggest thing that needs to change is player expectation, GW is correctly designed so that you lose much more often than in normal pvp.

4 Likes